Gibbs vs. Seymour and Alcoa vs. Carter

wbcsoccer11

well gp got forrest gray back and he is their leading scorer since his return, so i think they will be a different type of team and i have heard that they have improved a lot since we last played so i think it could possibly be a good match but elizabethton and university school of johnson city are the other teams reamining in the other district. But good luck to seymour in your tournament

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had to do a play-in game between Harriman and Grace and they could not play over the weekend. So they played mon, We played Tuesday and thur and Championship on Friday. This was frustrating but made moreso by AE having to forfeit on Tuesday night to Carter. We could have moved the seeding up and played mon-Tue and Fri.

by the way

Great Job on moderating the website and coaching soccer. When do you have time for anything else?

QUOTE(mickeywilliams @ May 9 2007 - 04:38 PM) 826455671[/snapback]We had to do a play-in game between Harriman and Grace and they could not play over the weekend. So they played mon, We played Tuesday and thur and Championship on Friday. This was frustrating but made moreso by AE having to forfeit on Tuesday night to Carter. We could have moved the seeding up and played mon-Tue and Fri.

by the way

Great Job on moderating the website and coaching soccer. When do you have time for anything else?

Hey Mickey... many thanks! Don't you love coordinating district?! They roped me into that just 2 weeks ago!

Playing back to back semis and finals is going to be tough. More-so on the winner of the Carter Alcoa match than on you guys. Don't over look Gibbs, though. The last thing you need is for an upset in the semis! You guys seem to be really playing good soccer. Keep it up! Give me a call when you guys get finished.

QUOTE(ValverdeTDF07 @ May 9 2007 - 10:13 PM) 826456122[/snapback]seymour - 2

Gibbs - 0

Alcoa - 3

Carter - 1

I wish I knew more about these teams to make a good prediction, but I do not. I do think that Alcoa will prevail over Carter this time around. I, too, believe that Alcoa's strength of schedule has prepared them to be tough in this game. I admire a coach like Gorman who is willing to take some hits along the way against the area's juggernauts (Bearden etc.). Alcoa easily could have had a record like 16-2 at this point, but instead they have suffered a few eye-opening losses that probably helped them better prepare for a CAK or a Catholic (should that opportunity arise). Furthermore, their strength of schedule helps build respect for their program as well as team unity.

Alcoa does have some weaknesses that Carter will probably be able to exploit. I believe that Alcoa's defense is the most vulnerable area of their side. Look at how many goals they have had scored on them this year. Their stopper, a robust kid, seems tough and like a team leader, but he often comes across as flat-footed and immobile. Furthermore, their deeper defenders sometimes get a bit jittery with high pressure, and their first touch can be a bit awkward. I enjoy #24 on Alcoa. He is a very confident but young player, and his runs into the offensive third as well as his dangerous left peg create havoc for opposing defenses. However, sometimes I think he is a bit too confident, and his runs disorganize the shape of their own defense. As he matures, he will learn to be "choosier" with his runs. I believe in order for Alcoa to make a run they cannot rely on their keeper to make brilliant saves. Even the best of keepers will get scored on by good forwards.

Alcoa's offense is solid. #3 knows how to score, and #10 knows how to create opportunities. You can count on these two to make an impact in the game tonight, and moreover, they should be great in years to come as they mature.

I guess Alcoa's defensive vulnerability combined with their offensive creativitity and strength of schedule leads me to believe that they will get revenge on Carter tonight in a high scoring match.

Alcoa 3-2

QUOTE(mickeywilliams @ May 9 2007 - 04:38 PM) 826455671[/snapback]We had to do a play-in game between Harriman and Grace and they could not play over the weekend. So they played mon, We played Tuesday and thur and Championship on Friday. This was frustrating but made moreso by AE having to forfeit on Tuesday night to Carter. We could have moved the seeding up and played mon-Tue and Fri.

by the way

Why did A-E have to forfeit?

QUOTE(wbcsoccer11 @ May 9 2007 - 06:22 AM) 826455171[/snapback]should both be good semifinal games do we have any predictions or thoughts on these games

good luck to all

Seymour 6-0 over Gibbs if they show up

Carter 3-1 over Alcoa Sharrod just to much and Alcoa defense can't contain him

QUOTE(easttnref @ May 10 2007 - 03:04 PM) 826456646[/snapback]Seymour 6-0 over Gibbs if they show up

Carter 3-1 over Alcoa Sharrod just to much and Alcoa defense can't contain him

No way! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Alcoa, prove easttnref wrong.