East Tenn regionals

Mi Kees

QUOTE(auburn08 @ May 11 2007 - 03:46 PM) 826457402[/snapback]Touche'. The Pigeon Forge coach asked the umpires and was told that they knew of no rule prohibiting the pitcher from continuing past the ten inning mark.

According to the TSSAA handbook Pitching Rule (Baseball Only) – No player may pitch more than 10 innings on consecutive days. After one day’s rest, a pitcher may again pitch as many as 10 innings on consecutive days. If a player pitched at all in any inning, the inning shall count as one full inning pitched. If a player is pitching in a game that is tied at the end of regulation play, he may finish such tie game regardless of the number of innings, provided he did not pitch the previous day or in the first game of a double-header on the same day. If a game is called due to weather or any other reason, innings pitched by any player in such game shall count against the pitcher. THIS RULE SHALL APPLY IN REGULAR-SEASON PLAY AND IN ALL TOURNAMENTS.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(auburn08 @ May 11 2007 - 02:48 PM) 826457353[/snapback]Getting outscored 20-2 in two games will make you want to protest.

The question that comes to me is if Pigeon Forge was winning that big why was the pitcher still in? Also never ask the ump about tournament play rules! They get paid to call the game not regulate the tourney.

AAA

District 1 & 2

Cocke Co. @ Science Hill

Dobyns Bennett @ Morristown West

District 3 & 4

William Blount @ Halls

Oak Ridge @ South Doyle

District 5 & 6

Soddy Daisy @ Cleveland

Bradley @ Red Bank

District 7 & 8

Lawrence Co. @ Oakland

Cookeville @ Coffee Co.

District 9 & 10

District 10 Runner-Up @ Mt. Juliet

Smyrna @ District 10 Winner

District 11 & 12

Antioch @ N. Overton

Franklin @ Hunters Lane

District 13 & 14

Cordova @ Brighton

Hardin Co. @ Bartlett

District 15 & 16

Whitehaven @ Houston

Collierville @ Fairley

Anyone have info on District 10??

So it comes down to Science Hill, DB, South Doyle, and William Blount in AAA. I know SD has lost to DB twice and Science Hill once. They have beaten WB 3 of 4. How do the others stack up in previous meetings. I,m sure DB mom will whip out those stats for me. STAT MACHINE that one is. OH and GOOO KEEES!

QUOTE(Mi Kees @ May 14 2007 - 09:47 PM) 826459200[/snapback]So it comes down to Science Hill, DB, South Doyle, and William Blount in AAA. I know SD has lost to DB twice and Science Hill once. They have beaten WB 3 of 4. How do the others stack up in previous meetings. I,m sure DB mom will whip out those stats for me. STAT MACHINE that one is. OH and GOOO KEEES!

These 4 teams are so evenly matched that I would not beat a wooden nickle on which one emerges to the top! Exciting games going on now. No weak teams left. What a wonderful time of the year to be a baseball player.

Congratulations to all you guys that are going home tonight, You worked hard to get here and I am proud of the effort you put into your season to help you team make it this far. All you guys are the very best in my eyes.

Morristown West was so classy tonight. Umpires were at their best and one questionable call down at first....he did the right thing and asked the plate umpire if he say a tag in time....he had bad angle.... I had good angle and the boy was out by 2 steps (my own team) we applauded him for looking to his plate umpire to help him get the call right! That is a good umpire...not afraid to say I missed it I need help from other angles.

I did not hear a single negative word from anywhere in those stands the entire night....Fantastic game folks.

South Doyle won their 4th straight game against a tough William Blount team. Holland on the hill allowed 2 hits and had 10 K's for the 5-2 win. Power supplied by SS Zurcher with a 2 run CF bomb and 2 moon shots by Brentz. SD defense turned 2 DPs and Holland Kd 2 to end the 6th with runners at 2nd & 3rd. SD is at home Friday night awaiting loser of DB and Science Hill. I here Science Hill is winning. Any scores on this game, and would like to here from Gibbs/ Seymour game. Oh and GOOOOO KEEEES!

QUOTE(scoopz4 @ May 10 2007 - 11:16 PM) 826456932[/snapback]Congrats to all the teams. I still think South Doyle is the best AAA team in East Tennessee. Haven't seen DB or Science Hill play but heard many good things. My question is how good is William Blount? Are they that good or justing getting hot at the right time?

I think the answer is they are 4 of the best East Tennessee has to offer this year.

I am so proud of these guys for getting to this point and ready for Friday already! We have 16 teams trying to fit into 8 slots.... work hard folks and I know you can do it! If you want to be the best this Friday night you will be, you will certainly find a way, but If you don't want to be the best, no worries,

you won't be.