Boyd vs CSAS

chattanooga

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chattanooga @ May 10 2007 - 04:56 AM) 826456172[/snapback]Any thoughts on this game?

HUGE challenge for the Bucs. CSAS is outstanding and playing well. The Bucs will have to play well to compete. Don't misunderstand me, I'm a Bucs' fan and I hope they win, but I admit that CSAS is quite good.

I'm no expert by any means, just a casual fan of soccer.

No offense to either team meant.

I think Boyd COULD have a great chance. They came out and played us hard tuesday, and i think if they come out that hard Friday, they could be CSAS on a good day.

But before our game Tues., we watched CSAS and Mcminn Central play. It was the worst I've ever saw CSAS play. I do not mean they stunk, but they could had played much better. Didn't seem like a 6-1 game.

I think Art's will come to play, 4-1.

QUOTE(chattanooga @ May 11 2007 - 06:51 AM) 826457065[/snapback]The regular season game was on Boyd's football field with two referees. playing on CSAS's full size field should help CSAS, and the 3rd ref should help keep the Bucs from being able to "manhandle" the Patriots. CSAS 2-0.

Manhandle?

CSAS wins 3-1.

Boyd hit the post and crossbar a few times but could't buy a goal.

I'm still scratchin my head wondering how CSAS is undefeated. There defense is def. there weak spot. They misplayed balls like it was going out of style... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(reaction @ May 11 2007 - 10:08 PM) 826457669[/snapback]CSAS wins 3-1.

Boyd hit the post and crossbar a few times but could't buy a goal.

I'm still scratchin my head wondering how CSAS is undefeated. There defense is def. there weak spot. They misplayed balls like it was going out of style... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Is Boyd still in it? Have not looked at this division schedule. Sounds like you guys played a good game but sometimes the ball just won't go in. Just curious as to where these teams go now.

Ya it was a good game. Boyd came out with all the momentum in the first half. Jack Sheehan scored on a direct kick with about 20 minutes to go in the first half. Boyd had a couple other good chances, but CSAS's goalie made a good stop. CSAS's goal was straight garbage but the game is to get it into the net and they did. Not sure what # it was but he hit a nice shot low and Boyds goalie was diving one way, until the ball deflected off a Boyd defender and went in. Not sure if he would of stopped the first shot or not, but the deflection took away from the kids blast.

2nd half CSAS scored 2 in a 5 minute period. After that it was pretty even. Both teams had chances. Boyd hit the crossbar twice on headers.

Boyd will be at Notre Dame

CSAS hosts CCS

What day are these games on?

CSAS's goal was straight garbage

The players are coached to hit that shot. Find the slot through the crowd and hit it low and hard. It did deflect off of a Boyd player, but that is what that shot is supposed to do. You can't call a scorched, 6-inch off the ground shot 'garbage.' After goals two and three, we purposefully slowed the pace. Sorry if you see it differently, but anyone who was there saw us come out and bring it to start the second half. Both our second and third goals were beautifully set up. I was glad that Boyd brought the enthusiasm, and to their credit, they played better than I've seen them play all year. Coach Walker must give excellent pregame talks. I hope that Boyd plays with that same level of enthusiasm against Notre Dame. If we can get by CCS, perhaps we can have a district 5 only region final.

Boyd will be at Notre Dame

CSAS hosts CCS

What day are these games on?

CSAS will play Tuesday at 7.