West vs. Bearden

winner123

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think this game has huge potential for an upset. i can easily see it going either way...bearden dominating play and winning easy, or west showing up to play and catching bearden off guard for a close win. ill root for the underdog and go west 2-1.

I don't feel overly confident in calling this one, but I have to say that it's close but Bearden takes it. I like the West style of play but in the end I don't quite see them containing Bearden.

I could be totally wrong and this is the game I would like to see if I didn't have obligations.

QUOTE(PinballWizard @ May 13 2007 - 01:00 PM) 826458409[/snapback]I really do see West winning this one..I have a huge amount of respect for Bearden but I think Cody playing center mid is too much for Beardens midfield. Also Nathanial on the outside will tear up Beardens defense. They give your outside mids soooo much room, and with cody in the middle to feed him the ball out there I think its deadly. Also look for Tanner to put pressure on there defense alll night. Butttt...while all this could go right for West, Bearden could still just play Tom or Aaron the ball and its a goal for Bearden. This is why Bearden is so dangerous, they can score fast and when they need to. I think it will be a close game but I say it ends up West 3 Bearden 2.

I really would have to disagree with Cody being too much for Bearden's center mids. With both Ryan and Casaer in the middle, i can't see Cody getting much done

QUOTE(ValverdeTDF07 @ May 15 2007 - 09:45 AM) 826459392[/snapback]I really would have to disagree with Cody being too much for Bearden's center mids. With both Ryan and Casaer in the middle, i can't see Cody getting much done

I think you underestimate Cody`s play. I dont mean to say that Cody is going to beat Cesar and Ryan on the ground with skills and moves, that is very hard to accomplish. But when you play Cody the ball in the midfield it is out wide or to the forwards before you know it. The defenders dont have time to step to him.

QUOTE(bruinsoccer @ May 15 2007 - 08:58 PM) 826459766[/snapback]A few years ago, people thought a whole lot about McMinn County. Pointed out how good they supposedly were offensively. This time of the year, that won't get you too far without the defense to match. Apparently, West is a similar story.

Just pointing out that West has a great defense, they have only allowed 16 goals all year. Bearden was just the better team.

QUOTE(bruinsoccer @ May 15 2007 - 08:58 PM) 826459766[/snapback]A few years ago, people thought a whole lot about McMinn County. Pointed out how good they supposedly were offensively. This time of the year, that won't get you too far without the defense to match. Apparently, West is a similar story.

West is a very good team and will be a threat for foreseeable future. This game was alot closer than the final score. It was 3-2 and 10 minutes left in the game with West putting lots of pressure on the defense and several saves by Walker to keep Bearden in the lead.