Jessica Mason

krichunaka

Coach Grady Lingerfelt is careful to Not give too much credit to one player, and that's as it should be. Besides, with leadership coming from a half-dozen very good seniors - Lynsey "Lynz" Canady, Leah Love, Chelsea Stephenson, Lauren Hopson, Katherine Harris, and Milligan-bound Alicia Engle; with emerging, sophomore third baseman/shortstop Whitley Hensley; with junior Candace Meadows and a deep and talented bench, it's no wonder Unicoi County will play for the Region One title on Wednesday.

But it certainly helps to have a player the caliber of Jessica Mason. When asked if she felt that her back was against the wall throughout today's two-to-one nail-biter, Jessica replied, "No. No way! I have complete confidence in my teammates. They've made the plays in the field and at bats all season long, and I'm sure they'll keep getting it done."

And today they did just that.

Barely.

In the second inning, Lynz drove in Hensley; Harris drove in Lynz. Two RBI singles. And that was it for the Lady Blue Devils.

Union County was game, and managed a single run. And that was it for Union County. Because runs are scarce when Jessica Mason is in the Circle.

Hanging precariously to the final two-to-one margin in the top of the seventh, Mason struck-em-out, one - two - three. Ball Game! She had a few other strikeouts as well. A Baker's Dozen in fact. Yep, Sixteen total. Twenty-one batters, and only five of them got the bat on the ball.

And it wasn't just her blazing fastball. Mason has become a more complete pitcher. Her location was exceptional; her speed, and change of pace - - - college-ready. She's That Good.

So are the Lady Blue Devils.

QUOTE(Indian @ May 14 2007 - 09:22 PM) 826459285[/snapback]Where is she going to play in college?

Good question. After being selected All State as a sophomore, and after obviously having a sure-nuff junior season this year, she should have several options in 2008, her senior year. Thanks for asking.

Class act coming from a class family!

Hope the Lady Devils go all the way this year.

From a EHS fan.

(a big Hi from 00's family) /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(krichunaka @ May 14 2007 - 11:50 PM) 826459307[/snapback]Good question. After being selected All State as a sophomore, and after obviously having a sure-nuff junior season this year, she should have several options in 2008, her senior year. Thanks for asking.

i know where i'd like to see her. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(hard_ball1 @ May 15 2007 - 08:11 AM) 826459408[/snapback]i know where i'd like to see her. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

You think she'd make a Terrific Tornado?

Incidentally, I think a few of your former teammates - now seniors - would work well in Bristol. What a Lovely Campus.

QUOTE(fpjaws @ May 15 2007 - 03:39 AM) 826459312[/snapback]Class act coming from a class family!

Hope the Lady Devils go all the way this year.

From a EHS fan.

(a big Hi from 00's family) /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

A big hello to you from #1 family.... And your 00 is also a class act.... Keep in touch with us...