Unaka/University High

volmash

Well it just tickled my pickle to see Borden and the UH coaching staff yank 1B 12, Otha King, from the game when he threw his little temper tantrum at Unaka today. I applaud Borden and his assistance for doing that, cause he was doing nothing but embarassing his coaches, team, team mates, school, and parents. A player should NEVER get in verbal altercation with a coach, but if your going to do it, at least have enough respect and dignity to do it away from the other players so they don't see you question the coaches athourity. This was just a series of recuring events that started in the District tourny, when # 12 would have been better off with a pair of boxing gloves instead of a baseball glove. That young "man" needs to get his act together... But kudos to the UH coaching staff for finally putting their foot down.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

baseball100, sorry to burst your bubble, but nobody from Rockwood has thrown mid-80s since Rob Gilmore, and he actually only sat around 82-83, only touched mid-80s in high school when he reached back for something extra.

Duncan, Breazeale, Cooper, and Skidmore (at this point) are solid single A pitchers, but nothing more. That's not to say that they can't develop further and be really good. The key to beat Rockwood is to 1) shut them down at the plate (not many single A teams are able to do that) 2)put the ball in play and hope they make a bunch of errors.

Their fielding is down from the last few years, but as long as they swing the bats well they win. This is the best hitting Rockwood club since before my time there.

As a matter of fact I spoke with the ole Coach Lane last week; the highest anyone topped out at was Duncan at 82. Breazeale might have hit 82 as well, but I know for a fact, he didn't top out above 82. Lane knows his stuff, but so do I: as a collegiate catcher, I think I know what mid-80s looks like...

Thanks crazzy, I think. I don't know everything, but you can't believe everything you hear about ppl topping out at this and that.

Here's an example:

We have 2 pitchers that will get drafted this year, one of which throws gas. On our gun (we have used 3 different brands) we get him sitting consistently 92-94 topping 95-96. Our gun has gotten him at 103 and 99 and some big numbers like that a couple times. One of the many scouts that are at the games when he pitches said those readings are incorrect, and that he only has topped legitimately at 96, normally topping at 95.

I'm not saying Duncan/Brezeale can't touch 85, but you have to realize the guns aren't always correct, and what someone tops at one or maybe two times a game isn't what that pitcher throws. That's what he tops at. What he throws, is where he sits at consistently, which for those two is high 70s low 80s. Like I said in an earlier post, that is very solid for single A pitchers, but they are not mid-80s pitchers.

Sorry if ya thought I was slighting them or calling you a liar, that was not my point.

Prediction for tonight: Tigers 9 UniHigh (I think?) 4