Gibbs vs. Stone Memorial

sballfan1225

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sballfan1225 @ May 15 2007 - 10:52 PM) 826459914[/snapback]Showdown between Gibbs and Stone Memorial tomorrow at 6 (5 CST) at Stone Memorial for Region 2AA Chamionship!! Any predictions???

I have watched them both up close....taking nothing away from Stone because they are a very good team....but Gibbs is truly the better team. Stone's pitching is very good...but so is Gibbs. Gibbs definately has the advantage in defense and especially offense. Against Seymour, Stone tallied 4 hits, 4 runs (all unearned) and 10 K's in 6 innings of work. Even in the 9 inning District 3 Winners Bracket Championship game, Gibbs had 10 hits (scattered), 1 earned run, and only 5 K's. (We will not mention the other Seymour vs Gibbs games) Seymours pitcher is very good, she had 320 K's this year and over 1,000 in her career....but Gibbs hits good pitching well (at least better than Stone)....and from here on...you will only see good pitching!

I definately do not see a blow out....Brown will keep Stone close....but Gibbs wins 8 out of 10 games. Gibbs was a good team last year....placing 4th in State.....but this year they are realistically a contender for another championship.

Regardless....I think Stone beats Unicoi in a close game to follow Gibbs to state! I say 2 Region 2 teams in the top 5!

Good luck to all Region 2 teams....make E. Tennessee proud....because AAA belongs to Nashville and Chattanooga!

This will be a good game to watch but Gibbs should win this one. Gibbs pitching and defense should keep Stone under control. I don't think Stone has faced enough of the pitching, defense and coaching that Gibbs will bring to this game. If the Gibbs girls play their game they should handle Stone. Either way these 2 teams should advance to the State if they don't give it away. Both of these teams have good enough pitching and hitting to advance. If Gibbs plays up to their ability they should be playing in the AA State championship game. They have the players and most importantly the coaching to win the close games.

I have seen both of these teams play and here is what i come up with.

Pitching advantage goes to Stone. Gibbs pitching is good too but not as good as Stone's pitcher. Defense its equal. Both of these teams just do not give up runs at all. Hitting goes to Gibbs. Great hitting team.

Both of these teams have beat AAA schools so I do not know who is the better team. I guess we will find out tonight. Best of luck to both teams.

QUOTE(LadyEaglesFan @ May 16 2007 - 12:17 AM) 826460005[/snapback]This will be a good game to watch but Gibbs should win this one. Gibbs pitching and defense should keep Stone under control. I don't think Stone has faced enough of the pitching, defense and coaching that Gibbs will bring to this game.

I think this will be a great game as well. I would like to point out , though, LadyEaglesFan, that Stone doesn't have a strength rating of 2nd from playing weaker teams. Gibbs is obviously an impressive team but this is typical of the nondistrict schedule that SMHS has played. Just wanted to clarify.

As for who will win? Of course I am pulling for the Lady Panthers but I believe it will be a close game whatever the final outcome. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for this game today!

QUOTE(buc1973 @ May 16 2007 - 07:13 AM) 826460107[/snapback]I think this will be a great game as well. I would like to point out , though, LadyEaglesFan, that Stone doesn't have a strength rating of 2nd from playing weaker teams. Gibbs is obviously an impressive team but this is typical of the nondistrict schedule that SMHS has played. Just wanted to clarify.

As for who will win? Of course I am pulling for the Lady Panthers but I believe it will be a close game whatever the final outcome. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for this game today!

Good Luck to both teams! This could be as good a game as any in the whole state!

QUOTE(The Final Chapter @ May 15 2007 - 09:29 PM) 826459945[/snapback]I have watched them both up close....taking nothing away from Stone because they are a very good team....but Gibbs is truly the better team. Stone's pitching is very good...but so is Gibbs. Gibbs definately has the advantage in defense and especially offense. Against Seymour, Stone tallied 4 hits, 4 runs (all unearned) and 10 K's in 6 innings of work. Even in the 9 inning District 3 Winners Bracket Championship game, Gibbs had 10 hits (scattered), 1 earned run, and only 5 K's. (We will not mention the other Seymour vs Gibbs games) Seymours pitcher is very good, she had 320 K's this year and over 1,000 in her career....but Gibbs hits good pitching well (at least better than Stone)....and from here on...you will only see good pitching!

I definately do not see a blow out....Brown will keep Stone close....but Gibbs wins 8 out of 10 games. Gibbs was a good team last year....placing 4th in State.....but this year they are realistically a contender for another championship.

Regardless....I think Stone beats Unicoi in a close game to follow Gibbs to state! I say 2 Region 2 teams in the top 5!

Good luck to all Region 2 teams....make E. Tennessee proud....because AAA belongs to Nashville and Chattanooga!

I was just looking at the schedule for some of the teams and did Unicoi beat Stone at the Commado Classic.... If it comes down to those teams I would'nt count out anybody.... The games should get better from here on out.... Good luck to everbody....

QUOTE(The Final Chapter @ May 15 2007 - 10:29 PM) 826459945[/snapback]I have watched them both up close....taking nothing away from Stone because they are a very good team....but Gibbs is truly the better team. Stone's pitching is very good...but so is Gibbs. Gibbs definately has the advantage in defense and especially offense. Against Seymour, Stone tallied 4 hits, 4 runs (all unearned) and 10 K's in 6 innings of work. Even in the 9 inning District 3 Winners Bracket Championship game, Gibbs had 10 hits (scattered), 1 earned run, and only 5 K's. (We will not mention the other Seymour vs Gibbs games) Seymours pitcher is very good, she had 320 K's this year and over 1,000 in her career....but Gibbs hits good pitching well (at least better than Stone)....and from here on...you will only see good pitching!

I rarely post but now that we are getting to the end of the season I would like to say go girls and both of these teams are winners. I do get frustrated when inaccuracies are posted to prove ones point and half stories and jabs (earned runs, errors, who beat who in a tournament, etc). Unfortunately someone will lose a game this evening and by changing the previous stats to try and make a point does not give anyone the edge. Unicoi beat Stone in the first bracket of the Commando Classic but Stone beat Mt Juliet and Riverdale in the same bracket gaining the number one seed and placing 4th overall in the Commando Classic. (agggg see what I mean about half the story) I would like to see Stone win and I believe this is the most evenly matched teams to compete so far and the best two teams in this region. The girls should be proud of their accomplishments on both teams. Tonight’s game will be decided on who plays their best game and I can not wait to cheer them on….rarrr….rarrrr…claw….claw…go Lady Panthers!