My thoughts CAK/Catholic game 3

dins8

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dins8 @ May 18 2007 - 08:03 AM) 826461769[/snapback]G-

Glad you see my post as honest, and it truly was never meant to be overly "harsh." I try to always make the positive outweigh the negative, and I think I didn't live up to my rule with my post from last night. Again, a lot of my dribble was just fueled by frustration with the TN playoff system and the fact that I did not get to see Tarr play (much).

Moreover, I, too, agree with you on your players. I cannot say enough about their class by disagreeing in a mature and humble way. It shows their true character, and I am sure that character starts from the top...parents, coaches, etc. There are so many players that lose their head with criticism, especially when reading a post that was ostensibly demeaning. Integrity counts for more points than winning!

CAK and Catholic...Good luck in the next round!

Big G-Nice Thoreau quote!

Dins8....I enjoyed your comments. I have read a lot of the treads about CAK and a lot of the other teams. Would someone please let us know when Tarr is completely healed, without an injury. I wonder how many treads there have been about an injury or some reason why this kid is not 100%. It seems like a lot to me. I am not saying that he isn't injured and it is easy to see that he is banged up on the field from being a target, but at some point you have to just stay off the field. Who would play someone injured? If you can't play....don't. Get back on the filed when you are ready and then tear it up!!

I hope to see Brandon healed at the state championship game against Catholic- it should be a great 4th game!!

QUOTE(blopar1 @ May 18 2007 - 04:31 PM) 826462130[/snapback]I came across this forum by accident looking for a soccer schedule. I read your comments and found it

inappropriate to criticize high school athletes by name or number on a public forum. I could not tell if you are a teenager or an adult - most adults have enough discretion would not publicly criticize a teenage athlete. In any event I have always found those who lack athletic ability to be the most critical of those who do.

By the way , although I lack your obvious(to you anyway) soccer knowledge I do know that both of those

teams have excellent defenses, in fact , only 4 goals have been scored between them in the three games

all year. In the third game there was only 1 really good shot on goal in the entire game ( and it wasn't the

miracle ball that caught the crossbar). As far as I know neither Catholic or Cak has given up more than 2 goals in any game all year and they both appear to have the toughest schedules they can get as small schools.

If you would like to talk about something constructivefor soccer in East Tennessee try these subjects: (1)Is there some way to do something about the incredibly poor refereeing in this area? more training? Luckily it is equally incompetent on both sides,but is getting downright dangerous in the apparent total disregard for the protection of keepers. (2) Can we get these games played on real soccer fields instead of torn up ,crowned ,

half sized football fields. West could probably have developed a great team if they hadn't relied so much on that ridiculous throw-in offense caused by that narrow , steeply crowned field. (3) Why don't we try real soccer-

unlimited substitutions are a joke. I have actually seen Farragut sub 10 players at a time. It looks like a hockey

line. I understand they want to get lots of kids participating, but put them on a JV or B team. Then they could all learn that Soccer is as much endurance as speed and skill. Thanks

I agree that he may have been a bit harsh in his comments, however, you have to be impressed that he'll speak his mind in this way. Most people would've either not said anything or completely disrespected the team. Dins8 instead stated his thoughts in a constructive way, yet respectful manner. So sorry if you disagree no harm meant, but I'm still impressed at what Dins8 said.

QUOTE(TheBigPenquin @ May 18 2007 - 08:07 PM) 826462331[/snapback]I agree that he may have been a bit harsh in his comments, however, you have to be impressed that he'll speak his mind in this way. Most people would've either not said anything or completely disrespected the team. Dins8 instead stated his thoughts in a constructive way, yet respectful manner. So sorry if you disagree no harm meant, but I'm still impressed at what Dins8 said.

i'm not impressed and i'm not gonna say anything bad for all those that are worried out there haha. dins8 i really don't care that much that you spoke your mind because a lot of the stuff you said was pretty ridiculous, but you did go back on some of the stuff like with number 2 on our team, i'm glad you went back on that because out of anything you said that made me the most mad. he is a good friend of mine and one of the best defenders in the state and i would take him on my team any day. he plays with more heart and emotion than anyone. as far as what you said about me.....where do i start.....well first of all i really don't know what you want me to do bro, i'm hurt thats obvious, and the day i put myself through unnecessary pain for a fan will be the day the sun doesn't rise (never). im sorry you had to drive a long way but what do you want me to do?? maybe you should email me your phone number so i can call you and tell you if i'm playing or not, would that solve your frustration??? as far as warmups, can't ever recall not warming up with my team, i know and G knows and my whole team knows that G doesnt stand for the prodigy stuff and i have never been treated special and thats fine with me because i don't want to be. heck i'm not a pro yet and i haven't scored any professional goals yet, nobody owes me anything and i know that. i don't want to make you mad, thats why i haven't attacked you at all in this post, i've just defended myself (something i have been doing a ton lately for who knows why). you have a right to speak your mind and i respect that but your comments about me seem pretty far fetched. i don't know what i could have done about anything you said. oh and also why in the world would i sit out of one of the biggest games of the year unless i truly couldnt play. i love the cak/catholic rivalry, its truly one of the best along with bearden/farragut. no one in their right mind would miss it unless they truly had to and i did. if you have questions about my heart then ask my teammates or coach. i don't always do but i would definitely say that most of the time i work my tail off, maybe not as hard at forward but heck thats just a curse all forwards have i guess. but when i play center mid i will go up for everyball i can and win everything that i can get my body on. so to doubt my heart is crazy. anywho i don't want to start a fight with you at all i'm just simply tellin you how i feel about what YOU said, i'm not mad at you at all, just trying to tell you my thoughts

QUOTE(asian invasion @ May 18 2007 - 08:26 PM) 826462362[/snapback]i'm not impressed and i'm not gonna say anything bad for all those that are worried out there haha. dins8 i really don't care that much that you spoke your mind because a lot of the stuff you said was pretty ridiculous, but you did go back on some of the stuff like with number 2 on our team, i'm glad you went back on that because out of anything you said that made me the most mad. he is a good friend of mine and one of the best defenders in the state and i would take him on my team any day. he plays with more heart and emotion than anyone. as far as what you said about me.....where do i start.....well first of all i really don't know what you want me to do bro, i'm hurt thats obvious, and the day i put myself through unnecessary pain for a fan will be the day the sun doesn't rise (never). im sorry you had to drive a long way but what do you want me to do?? maybe you should email me your phone number so i can call you and tell you if i'm playing or not, would that solve your frustration??? as far as warmups, can't ever recall not warming up with my team, i know and G knows and my whole team knows that G doesnt stand for the prodigy stuff and i have never been treated special and thats fine with me because i don't want to be. heck i'm not a pro yet and i haven't scored any professional goals yet, nobody owes me anything and i know that. i don't want to make you mad, thats why i haven't attacked you at all in this post, i've just defended myself (something i have been doing a ton lately for who knows why). you have a right to speak your mind and i respect that but your comments about me seem pretty far fetched. i don't know what i could have done about anything you said. oh and also why in the world would i sit out of one of the biggest games of the year unless i truly couldnt play. i love the cak/catholic rivalry, its truly one of the best along with bearden/farragut. no one in their right mind would miss it unless they truly had to and i did. if you have questions about my heart then ask my teammates or coach. i don't always do but i would definitely say that most of the time i work my tail off, maybe not as hard at forward but heck thats just a curse all forwards have i guess. but when i play center mid i will go up for everyball i can and win everything that i can get my body on. so to doubt my heart is crazy. anywho i don't want to start a fight with you at all i'm just simply tellin you how i feel about what YOU said, i'm not mad at you at all, just trying to tell you my thoughts

Best advice, Brandon--Ignore me...Listen to G (he knows you better), and laugh in my face if you win state.

QUOTE(blopar1 @ May 18 2007 - 04:31 PM) 826462130[/snapback]I came across this forum by accident looking for a soccer schedule. I read your comments and found it

inappropriate to criticize high school athletes by name or number on a public forum. I could not tell if you are a teenager or an adult - most adults have enough discretion would not publicly criticize a teenage athlete. In any event I have always found those who lack athletic ability to be the most critical of those who do.

By the way , although I lack your obvious(to you anyway) soccer knowledge I do know that both of those

teams have excellent defenses, in fact , only 4 goals have been scored between them in the three games

all year. In the third game there was only 1 really good shot on goal in the entire game ( and it wasn't the

miracle ball that caught the crossbar). As far as I know neither Catholic or Cak has given up more than 2 goals in any game all year and they both appear to have the toughest schedules they can get as small schools.

If you would like to talk about something constructivefor soccer in East Tennessee try these subjects: (1)Is there some way to do something about the incredibly poor refereeing in this area? more training? Luckily it is equally incompetent on both sides,but is getting downright dangerous in the apparent total disregard for the protection of keepers. (2) Can we get these games played on real soccer fields instead of torn up ,crowned ,

half sized football fields. West could probably have developed a great team if they hadn't relied so much on that ridiculous throw-in offense caused by that narrow , steeply crowned field. (3) Why don't we try real soccer-

unlimited substitutions are a joke. I have actually seen Farragut sub 10 players at a time. It looks like a hockey

line. I understand they want to get lots of kids participating, but put them on a JV or B team. Then they could all learn that Soccer is as much endurance as speed and skill. Thanks

Ridiculous that you think I would advertently chastise a HS kid. I am just trying to be productively honest. Most of CAK's players realize that I am just giving a brutal game voice, and they avoid making a petulant argument. I don't even feel that you deserve a response to your post, as you obviously don't understand that I am A.) just having fun B.) supporting HS soccer and C.) supporting, yet constructively criticizing the players whom I have watched play.

lampost and Penguin understand this well. I will always be honest, and I will always respect the game and its players. And both CAK and Catholic's players deserve the game's respect.

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ May 18 2007 - 05:12 PM) 826462168[/snapback]Dins8....I enjoyed your comments. I have read a lot of the treads about CAK and a lot of the other teams. Would someone please let us know when Tarr is completely healed, without an injury. I wonder how many treads there have been about an injury or some reason why this kid is not 100%. It seems like a lot to me. I am not saying that he isn't injured and it is easy to see that he is banged up on the field from being a target, but at some point you have to just stay off the field. Who would play someone injured? If you can't play....don't. Get back on the filed when you are ready and then tear it up!!

I hope to see Brandon healed at the state championship game against Catholic- it should be a great 4th game!!

Pseudo... I understand what you are saying, but I have a comment about it, too. I don't know if you were a player or a fan, but I played highschool and college as well as was fortunate enough to play a short stint beyond that. Ask most any player who has played on a competitive level and ask them how often they were truly 100%? I would say very infrequently. Especially if you get hurt in mid season, you just never have that chance to recover. Take time off? Come on... unless you aren't medically released, I would play through everything I could.

Brandon doesn't "take time off". He goes straight from Highschool to TNFC, then back to Highschool (as most all division 1 club players do) I think he wishes he was 100% (as all CAK fans do) but who doesn't want to be there? The ironic (and irritating /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ) thing about Brandon, is that even at 20% he can abuse his old coach! (though, I think I megged him in practice yesterday!)

QUOTE(dins8 @ May 19 2007 - 01:05 AM) 826462612[/snapback]Brandon,

Perhaps you would like to play with me some time. Then you might truely understand what I am talking about when it comes to D1 soccer. (There are no "prodigies"; as a matter of a fact...everyone is a prodigy at the next level). D1 is not Boleteri, and it is not ODP; it is honestly a plethora of unbelievable talented high school players, and only the toughest become the REAL players...(I was not one of them).

Was I a talented HS player? Yes. But at the next level, I was just average. (I did not start until my junior year). And yes, Tarr, you do belong at the next level. But your name, credentials, or attitude don't mean squat in college. It is the players that have that extra "something or other" that succeed. So, please, don't pontificate about your heart/ability/not being pro yet/ melarchy. I have heard this ballyhoo from far more talented players than you, and I have seen many fail. (I feel like I should cover myself...you are still VERY talented).

I hate to keep pointing this out, but I predicted Kyle Franklin to not succeed at South Carolina, and he transferred after his freshman year. This is no offense to this kid because I may not know enough about him being that he was from Maryville. But he was out of his league, and he bolted to Memphis. He is now sitting the bench yet again.

Brandon, once again, I feel like I have offended you. If so, I am sorry.

p.s.-I'm not your fan, I'm not your bro, and I certainly didn't drive a long way to watch this game...I am just a coach, a coach who is just trying to be honest.

Best advice--Ignore me...Listen to G (he knows you better), and laugh in my face if you win state.

*Note: By pointing out Franklin's shortcomings at SC, I am by no means implying that Tarr will fail there as well.

Dins8,

I have been reading on CoachT for 3 years now but I have never taken the time to make a name mostly because I didn't want to accidentally give locker room material for another team by accident.

First off, let me say that I play for CAK. I have read your posts and have a great amount of respect for you not only because of your soccer knowledge (which is evident) but also your honesty. This honesty is greatly appreciated because having an outsider give an opinion on our team is a great way for us to take constructive criticism and bring our play to the next level.

Secondly, after reading your last post on Brandon I was a little disturbed because some of the things you said. While I believe it is fine to criticize and critique a player on his actions on his field I believe that critiquing or criticizing a player's heart on a public forum was a little too far over the edge. Brandon has been lambasted on these forums all year for all kinds of things. He posted last night and only defended himself and said he truly wanted to play and that he has heart and wanted to play bad. To call his defense of his heart and willingness to play as "melarchy" seemed to be a little hurtful. I might have misinterpreted your post so I apologize if I did. Even if i didn't I still respect you as a coach and a person becasue of the class you have shown on your numerous other posts.

Thanks for reading,

Elmo

QUOTE(elmo07 @ May 19 2007 - 08:39 AM) 826462756[/snapback]Dins8,

I have been reading on CoachT for 3 years now but I have never taken the time to make a name mostly because I didn't want to accidentally give locker room material for another team by accident.

First off, let me say that I play for CAK. I have read your posts and have a great amount of respect for you not only because of your soccer knowledge (which is evident) but also your honesty. This honesty is greatly appreciated because having an outsider give an opinion on our team is a great way for us to take constructive criticism and bring our play to the next level.

Secondly, after reading your last post on Brandon I was a little disturbed because some of the things you said. While I believe it is fine to criticize and critique a player on his actions on his field I believe that critiquing or criticizing a player's heart on a public forum was a little too far over the edge. Brandon has been lambasted on these forums all year for all kinds of things. He posted last night and only defended himself and said he truly wanted to play and that he has heart and wanted to play bad. To call his defense of his heart and willingness to play as "melarchy" seemed to be a little hurtful. I might have misinterpreted your post so I apologize if I did. Even if i didn't I still respect you as a coach and a person becasue of the class you have shown on your numerous other posts.

Thanks for reading,

Elmo

Elmo,

Since when do players become more mature than coaches? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> That is what I keep thinking of when I see posts like yours, lampost's, and Penguin's. You did misinterpret what I was trying to say about Tarr, and I think everyone has misinterpreted my comments. But I realize that they seem out of line; thus, I completely edited my last post. I truly am sorry if I have offended you, Brandon or any of the other CAK team members. Your integrity and team unity has taken you all far into the playoffs, and I suspect that your season is going to stretch even further /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> . I will not continue to comment on Tarr, but I will continue to support CAK the rest of the way. I won't, however, support CAK when we play you next year. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Yes, it will have to be next year. Yes, we are out. That is why I have to satisfy my soccer hunger by watching the big dogs play!

Best,

dins

goh you people should get together and right a book. i don't really know what you said b/c i didn't take the time... dins i know how you like to show off your vocab...but seriously, let's quit being so wordy. it's getting rediculous

also, does anyone know who dins coaches for yet?? haha...just curious

QUOTE(R.U.R. @ May 19 2007 - 02:08 PM) 826462908[/snapback]goh you people should get together and right a book. i don't really know what you said b/c i didn't take the time... dins i know how you like to show off your vocab...but seriously, let's quit being so wordy. it's getting rediculous

also, does anyone know who dins coaches for yet?? haha...just curious

My apologies.... I didn't mean to be so wordy. I will work on my conciseness.

QUOTE(dins8 @ May 19 2007 - 08:29 PM) 826463032[/snapback]My apologies.... I didn't mean to be so wordy. I will work on my conciseness.

Don't apologize. Your analysis was interesting and not wordy. Short sound bite word bursts aren't conducive to the meaningful exchange of information. Keep up the good work!