Catholic v Pigeon Forge

mrudder

Wow MRudder your complaining of the class of Elizabethton, There Where no arguments or anything in this game between players, it was your players who where carded for terrible language and bad sportsmanship and it was your hispanic players that where copmplaining to the ref after every call i was at this game as well and i am very suprised to hear you complain, from where you where sitting in the stands you couldnt have called this offsides and plus your defenders where dribbled before he made his way into the box...Also way to complain bout the refs in the newspaper...Ridiculous just get over it you lost...REAL CLASSY MRUDDER

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mania22 @ May 19 2007 - 11:18 AM) 826462771[/snapback]Wow MRudder your complaining of the class of Elizabethton, There Where no arguments or anything in this game between players, it was your players who where carded for terrible language and bad sportsmanship and it was your hispanic players that where copmplaining to the ref after every call i was at this game as well and i am very suprised to hear you complain, from where you where sitting in the stands you couldnt have called this offsides and plus your defenders where dribbled before he made his way into the box...Also way to complain bout the refs in the newspaper...Ridiculous just get over it you lost...REAL CLASSY MRUDDER

First of all mania, there is no need to negatively single out specific players on this forum either by name or nationality- truly shows your "class." Next, give mrudder a break, he was just letting BigG know about Elizabethton in a mature manner and you bash him for it. As I do remember though, Elizabethton was all about "home cookin'" when PF played there two years ago (i.e. numerous wrong offsides calls, me getting tackled onto the track with no foul called, among other things) and I'm sure much hasn't changed since. However, PF shouldn't have been overconfident in this game especially after losing 8 starters from last years team who only beat Elizabethon 1-0, and they must come today unintimidated with their best effort of the year-which honestly still probably won't be enough. Anyway, good luck to everyone in their matches today, and mrudder remember to let the ball do the work.

QUOTE(gridironguy @ May 19 2007 - 04:58 PM) 826462926[/snapback]Walter was right on. Catholic 3-0. Pigeon Forge wasn't all that different from last year. Good team that could make it to state if they were in another region. Very physical, almost to the point of being a dirty team. They received four or five yellow cards.

I heard from a Catholic parent the game featured some nasty play. Anybody have any details??

well some of the yellow cards should not have been handed out. First of all the one that was called on me for "trying to break the kids leg" which was not the case at all just two players giving everything they had to win the ball, and if I should have recieved one so too should the catholic player.One card was given to the keeper for calling the ref a name when the keeper didn't even say a word not to dsay the ref didn't get called a name, it was just the wrong call.And to say PF was a dirty team is rediculous , Catholiuc plays just as physical. I thought it was a good game where the better team won. Catholic should have no problem making it to the championship game and I believe they will win it. Good Luck at state

QUOTE(mrudder @ May 19 2007 - 04:38 PM) 826462972[/snapback]well some of the yellow cards should not have been handed out. First of all the one that was called on me for "trying to break the kids leg" which was not the case at all just two players giving everything they had to win the ball, and if I should have recieved one so too should the catholic player.One card was given to the keeper for calling the ref a name when the keeper didn't even say a word not to dsay the ref didn't get called a name, it was just the wrong call.And to say PF was a dirty team is rediculous , Catholiuc plays just as physical. I thought it was a good game where the better team won. Catholic should have no problem making it to the championship game and I believe they will win it. Good Luck at state

who scored for catholic?

QUOTE(MD4Sports @ May 19 2007 - 05:57 PM) 826462954[/snapback]I heard from a Catholic parent the game featured some nasty play. Anybody have any details??

I am an unabashedly biased Irish fan and while I saw a few cardable (is that a word?) incidents, there is no way I would call either this match nasty or Pigeon Forge dirty. Frankly, to me, there was very little that was noteworthy in this match.

Pigeon Forge played very hard from the beginning of the match to the end despite being pretty much overmatched. I thought Catholic played some pretty uninspired soccer for several long stretches of the match, but turned up their level of play in the second half sufficiently to secure the win.

Pigeon Forge would really benefit from a stronger regular season schedule. I think they have the nucleus of a very good team.

Honestly I think that Catholic will win their first two games by a total of 7 goals. They are a great team. Personally I think that they are a lot better than they were last year. Neiri is unbelievable and Tyler Gibson is a stud to be so small. If they do not win state i will be very surprised. However I have not seen CAK play this year so I think it would also be difficult for Catholic to beat CAK 4 times in one year.

Knoxville Catholic will play Notre Dame in the first round of the state tournament at 4:30pm (I'm assuming this is central time).

I think that game will be rather close. The winner has an easier game in the semi finals and if they move on they will most likely play the winner of CAK and Chattanooga Christian.

QUOTE(Coniglio @ May 19 2007 - 08:53 PM) 826463107[/snapback]Knoxville Catholic will play Notre Dame in the first round of the state tournament at 4:30pm (I'm assuming this is central time).

I think that game will be rather close. The winner has an easier game in the semi finals and if they move on they will most likely play the winner of CAK and Chattanooga Christian.

If CAK or Chattanooga Christian make it to the simi finals..