Seymour vs Dyer Co

dirtyd2

QUOTE(baseballer16 @ May 20 2007 - 01:21 PM) 826463438[/snapback]What does seymour have?

I DON"T know what Seymour has, BUT.... I DO KNOW that D.C. has a lot of heart & WILL NOT go down easy. They will come to play no matter who the opponent. Yes, I am a D.C. parent / fan, so I'm gonna say that D.C. wins this one (naturally I'm gonna go with my "Boys" !) There is a lot of talent on this team & only three active Seniors, so it'll be interestin' to see how the youth of this team reacts to the "Big One", but don't sell thm short, they are a "salty" ball club & hit the ball well. Gotta have somethin' to get there & beating Milan one night, then beating Dyersburg "Back 2 Back" to win the District speaks volume IMO.Beat a scrappy Covington team in the Regional as well. Also D.C. played some tough competition throughout the year.SO......... I'm goin' with D.C. The Choctaws have enough pitching to survive. There's been a lot of talk lately about Derrick Sims & he IS for real! He doesn't throw in the 90's, but he hits his spots. For all those that raved about how many he pitched to get us there, WELL his arm is FINE & he is rested. There is more pitching on this team as well & a solid defense to back up whoever is on the " Hill"! I don't know who will start on Tuesday. Only Coach Ozment knows that, BUT the Choctaws ain't goin' to the 'Boro for a vacation. If they bring their "A-Game", they can give anybody a fit & will be a force to be reckoned with.

As I said, I know nothing about Seymour, but when you get to the "Fling", Seymour, D.C. or ANYBODY ELSE better not take their opponents lightly ! NOBODY WANTS TO GO HOME or become a spectator. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

well let me tell you about Seymour.. They are tough. I am not sure what pitcher you will see first accourding to how kyle kenamon(sp) arm is holding up after throwing two games last week. But if i was DC i would not want him to pitch. Saying we clocked him at 86-88 and sits their all night while touching the 90's every now and then. After you get through that he is 10 times a better hitter saying he has hit 49 home runs so far in his high school career. Now their is the rest of the team one of the most solid deffenses i have ever seen they play almost errorless baseball. Plus they are a rowdy bunch they will be loud the entire game. I wouldn't run to much on them either their catcher has a plus plus arm behind the plate. While on the offensive side they like to hit the hard stuff.. So good luck to both teams. But while i am not a Seymour parent or player but played against them and have watched their players over the last four years (lots of senoirs) I am going to have to go with the Eagles on this one!!!

QUOTE(Baseballfan9383 @ May 21 2007 - 08:00 AM) 826463896[/snapback]well let me tell you about Seymour.. They are tough. I am not sure what pitcher you will see first accourding to how kyle kenamon(sp) arm is holding up after throwing two games last week. But if i was DC i would not want him to pitch. Saying we clocked him at 86-88 and sits their all night while touching the 90's every now and then. After you get through that he is 10 times a better hitter saying he has hit 49 home runs so far in his high school career. Now their is the rest of the team one of the most solid deffenses i have ever seen they play almost errorless baseball. Plus they are a rowdy bunch they will be loud the entire game. I wouldn't run to much on them either their catcher has a plus plus arm behind the plate. While on the offensive side they like to hit the hard stuff.. So good luck to both teams. But while i am not a Seymour parent or player but played against them and have watched their players over the last four years (lots of senoirs) I am going to have to go with the Eagles on this one!!!

I appreciate the info (seriously). I don't doubt one word of it because nobody is gonna "Back Into" the Spring Fling. It takes a team with all the attributes that you mentioned. I look forward to this as well as any other match up that comes along. This sounds like the making of a game that will be worth the price of admission for all that choose this game as the one for Tuesday watching.Lots of Seniiors huh? We don't have lots of Seniors (only 3 acctive as I mentioned earlier), but the young players that we do have posess a lot of baseball savy & ain't gonna give up many errors. In the pitching area, we have at least 2 pitchers with mid to upper 80's capabilities with their share of "stuff" to go along with the velocity. Both are capable of going the distance & to me seem to get stronger as the game progresses.the rest of the rotation has done very well throughout the year & get enough ground balls & pop ups to allow their defense to work for them. Hittting up & down the line up is reasonably solid & if the "long ball" is gonna be the factor, we have our share of power as well. I have all the respect in the world for Seymour as well as any team that made the "Spring Fling" but if D.C. brings their A-game. I fear none. we have played strong teams all year. We haven't won every game, but these kids have yet to send me home embarassed. We are all proud of them & just to be in the 'Boro, but I DO NOT BELIEVE we will play 2 & go home or watch from the bleachers. Thanks for the info & I look forward to seing 2 solid baseball teams play the game the way it should be played on Tuesday. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />