CBHS Parents!

defaultuser

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

smasters,

Brother Joel, or BroJo as he is respctively referred to by the students, is indeed still there. Brother Adrian just celebrated his 90th birthday and lives in retirement at the residence. Brother David has been back for years as the librarian. Fred Freres, Park Wong, Billy Canale, and George Pratt are still there, and Joe Baker just retired. I think that is all that are left from the 70s.

QUOTE(SpeedyGonzo @ May 28 2007 - 11:44 AM) 826468439[/snapback]smasters,

Brother Joel, or BroJo as he is respctively referred to by the students, is indeed still there. Brother Adrian just celebrated his 90th birthday and lives in retirement at the residence. Brother David has been back for years as the librarian. Fred Freres, Park Wong, Billy Canale, and George Pratt are still there, and Joe Baker just retired. I think that is all that are left from the 70s.

We used to call Brother Joel "LBJ" (little brother Joel), Coach Canale-best shot putt coach I had, coach Nix and coach Reid-hard to please but the best around. And Brother Adrian-literally saved my family when my dad died. Quality people and quality sports programs. That is why I'm certain the school would respond to any fan misbehavior.

QUOTE(mtcsbrett @ May 28 2007 - 12:44 PM) 826468397[/snapback]In defense of the fellow yelling "Snap their necks!":

I was also at the game and am not from either school, not even from a school in the same division. This was actually my first Division II game to watch all season; I consider myself to be objective, though don't we all...? Anyway, my assistant coach and I both heard the yells of the fellow you're speaking of, and were sitting quite close to him. He was yelling "Snap that net!" -- encouraging his team to score a goal. My friend and I then listened carefully because we'd never heard scoring a goal spoken of in that fashion (and thought it was really humorous); but it was clear that is what he was saying. He cheered his team on throughout the entire game (rarely using what I would call common soccer lingo). I also noted that this man only encouraged his own team's players. He never spoke a bad word about the referees or other team's players. There were some that did so, but nothing remotely close to "snap their necks."

QUOTE(defaultuser @ May 28 2007 - 01:14 PM) 826468418[/snapback]No he said snap their necks. I was not that far away from him at all and he did not say snap the net. It was snap their necks.

Ok. So we have two people that claim that they were sitting close to the individual yelling "snap crackle pop." Right now it's clearly a judgment call on whether either of you have very good hearing. I suggest that this one isn't discussed further. It won't go anywhere.

(I was 10 miles away and heard "snap crackle pop" but that's just me. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(defaultuser @ May 28 2007 - 12:14 PM) 826468418[/snapback]No he said snap their necks. I was not that far away from him at all and he did not say snap the net. It was snap their necks.

I am a parent from CBHS and I was standing in the middle of the group at the top filming the game. I'm sorry, but you are incorrect. The person was saying "snap the net". The gentleman you are questioning has a whole bag full of sayings - some conventional and some not so conventional. But, you will NEVER hear him say anything negative toward a player or official. The rest of us may be prone to, but he never has, and I have known him for several years. In fact, he is the first to applaud the effort of opponents, or if they are injured.

Regarding the use of profanity, certainly that occurred at a certain point in the game. What you are not aware of is the gentleman who used it's son had just been taken down from behind - at least the second of the match. His son has been severely injured in seasons past on just that type of play. While I am not trying to excuse it, I can certainly understand it as a father.

On to the game. Congrats to Baylor on executing an excellent game plan. They took advantage of a mistake and then protected the lead. CBHS had it's opportunities and didn't fiinish. While shots on goal and possession were certainly in the Brothers' favor, the only real stat that counts is the final score. I have known of Jimmy Weekly for a few years. When my son participated in ODP several years ago, Jimmy was his coach. He did not make the final state team, and was only in it for a year. He mentioned to me that Coach Weekly came up to him at this year's tourney, remembered his name, and asked him how he was doing. Certainly a class act.

It appears Baylor will be odds on favorites next year, particularly after winning it this year after losing something like 15 Seniors. But, don't count the Brothers out because they are losing 12 Seniors this year. Hey - look what it did for Baylor!

QUOTE(Coniglio @ May 28 2007 - 03:34 PM) 826468475[/snapback]Ok. So we have two people that claim that they were sitting close to the individual yelling "snap crackle pop." Right now it's clearly a judgment call on whether either of you have very good hearing. I suggest that this one isn't discussed further. It won't go anywhere.

(I was 10 miles away and heard "snap crackle pop" but that's just me. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I heard "crack that whip...break your mother's back"