Dead Period

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead period doesn't mean the kids don't work out...at least not at our school...it means they have no organized training or coach contact. Coach gives the personal training plan for each athlete and they are expected to continue working out on their own for the 2 week period.

Here is the rule

4. Dead Period -- No coaching, observing, or contact between coach and players. All indoor facilities of schools must be closed unless approved in writing by the Executive Director

The coach can give them a plan before the dead period but they can't use indoor facilities such as a weight room at the school. If they are using the weight room it's a violation even if the coaches are not there

Good post Zonie.... Everyone, especially coaches, should know the rules. Don't you just know some of these coaches are thrilled to see their fans on here airing their obvious rules violations??

It's one of the easiest rules to follow, it's real clear. I am amazed that some don't seem to know and/or follow the rule. I can say our coaches even follow the spirit of the rules and take vacations during dead period . Our kids do some running, passing skels, etc on their own and a few have memberships at the weight room in Jasper.

You do know that it is a TSSAA violation to get a freebee?? Or have the booster club "help" get freebees??

ZONEPIRATE

its not just athletes that can get in there they have a 14 day free trial period that anyone can use and as a matter of fact I am currently exercising that option as do many other people

and a question THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED is it illegal if the health club, ymca, ect makes a contract with boosters that gives them free advertisement for two weeks of facilities for working out is that illegal, i assume that it is illegal , I STRESS THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED and since boosters was mentioned i thought id ask

dead period does not mean no work outs.......it just means a two week no forced workouts, no contact with coaches, or open facilities........

good athletes will still work out during the 2 weeks.... so long as it is on their on accord and not at any secondary school.....

How many kids have the money to have weights at home, oh yeah the rich ones from private schools, lol. Just kidding, a little.

Dead period doesn't mean the kids don't work out...at least not at our school...it means they have no organized training or coach contact. Coach gives the personal training plan for each athlete and they are expected to continue working out on their own for the 2 week period.

Who opens up the training room? The janitor?

ZONEPIRATE

its not just athletes that can get in there they have a 14 day free trial period that anyone can use and as a matter of fact I am currently exercising that option as do many other people

and a question THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED is it illegal if the health club, ymca, ect makes a contract with boosters that gives them free advertisement for two weeks of facilities for working out is that illegal, i assume that it is illegal , I STRESS THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED and since boosters was mentioned i thought id ask

If it is a freebee just for athletes it is a problem. If it is a free 14 day period for all patrons that would be different. If the athletes get to use the 14 day period more than other folks (like every year during dead period) then it would be a problem. It would be pretty tough to prove even if someone was doing it.

It would be illegal for a booster club to do that for players. The athletes would be recieving something of "commercial value" for free

Here is the rule

4. Dead Period -- No coaching, observing, or contact between coach and players. All indoor facilities of schools must be closed unless approved in writing by the Executive Director

The coach can give them a plan before the dead period but they can't use indoor facilities such as a weight room at the school. If they are using the weight room it's a violation even if the coaches are not there

BAM!!