Huntingdon/Humboldt/Jackson South Side Scrimmage

xriv

it was during the spring so many things could have changed at first it was Southside's defense against Humboldt's O Humboldt's O line was bigger than Southside so they had the advantage up front. Southside most of their LB's to graduation but this group did a decent job, they could have reacted and read their keys better. Humboldt's backfield with their FB did pretty well themselves they didn't just run Southside over but it did look like they had the potential to run over some teams in the future this season. Humboldt's wideouts didn't really get a showcase not getting the ball much I don't think the coach was to worried about it. The wideouts vs. Southside's secondary seemed like an even match they didn't blow right by the secondary but you never how good they could be since there really didn't seem like they were just trying to pass it. Then it was Southside's O vs. Huntingdon's D Huntingdon and Southside's line both played physical so that's the good thing but there were mistakes made. Southside tried their new TE since they lost both of last years Te's to graduation it didn't go to well he didn't have that dominant presence that Southside's TE's usually have. Micheal Newbern the wideout #82 was moved to TB and did a decent he could have seen the holes a little better but did a decent job he broke on one play and scored. Then it was Huntingdon's O vs. Southside's D by then one of Southside's DE's had hurt his knee and the TE was put in at DE. At first Huntingdon was moving the ball their line wasn't as big as Humboldt's but they were playing just as physical and with that bruising FB and the speedy slots they were moving the ball. They broke on one play and the Southside safety came up and stopped aroung the five. Then it seemed that Southside's D came alive and stopped them short. Then it was Southside's O vs. Humboldt's D that is when Southside seemed to have wanted to go to the air sure they ran the ball some but they really seemed to want to move the ball through the air. A few missed pass attempts, and then the QB Will Masoud hit #88 Keenan Nance on a fade down the field. He went out of bounds at about the two. Then Southside ran 35 to get their second score of the game. Huntingdon's O came back out but it seemed that Southside's D had woke up to an extent and the TE/DE #30 did a little bit better out there getting through the line and even chasing down a tackle. In the end I believe each team did score but I'm not 100% on it. Humbolt looked like they could be a good and talented team that might have a chance to go deep into the playoffs. Huntingdon the same as well they might not be as big as Humboldt this year all around but they play just as physical maybe even a little more. Southside if we can cut down on some those mistakes then we should be a good team and make some noise in 3A once again. But you don't really know how they look now since Southside's defensive coaches have left Coach Drigger- head coach Obion Central. Coach Matthison- filled some position at Northside I believe. Also I think Huntingdon lost their secondary coach the son of Coach Hayes/ Southside I think he went and filled one of the slots at Southside.