Travelers 16's Finish Strong

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm not mistaken, Indiana Elite won TOC and Kingwood, but the Travelers beat them in Indiana at the Hoosier Shootout.

Hey gomer, to reiterate Gomab's assertion, the Indiana Elite team the 17U travelers team beat in Hoosier Shootout was the 16U Indiana Elite One playing up a dvision so lets get the facts straight on that point.

I also agree that the pools at any major event are loaded and especially the super pools at Kingwood. TOC is ridiculously hard as weel and is invitation only. Our 16s this year at TOC had DC Assault, Team Final and the Rising Stars-JG in pool play. This the same Team Final team that beat the TN Tigers by 16pts at Super Showcase. I know that Midstate had loaded pools as well.

It is certainly fair to say that there are good teams and tough schedules at Nike events but to state that the Nike circuit is clearly the best is certainly not by any means an absolute. There are just as many tough schedules in the other major non-Nike tourneys. As gomab stated, the Adidas Super 64 Super Pools have some brutal pools as well.

People can talk about how large Kingwood is, but I will tell you that the Super Pools there are as good as it gets. The event is no comparison to the Eddie Ford event the Tn Tigers went to that same weekend and had maybe 12 teams participating.

The bottom line is that there are no absolutes in this deal and to say otherwise isnt fair or accurate. Everyone out there plays a brutally hard schedule b/c if you attend any elite major events like your club does along with the Nashville Celtics, Midstate Ballerz, etc., you are, by definition, playing elite teams.

Isnt there a new rule that limits travel teams to have only 3 players from the same school so the rage could not happen? i thought i heard that somewhere

That rule has been very misleading. We spoke with TSSAA, it only effects what you can do leading up to the the start of a season. Therfore, you cannot play together once the first day of school begins. When your team is eliminated in HS play, the kids can play on the same team together the day after they are eliminated. So, you can play together March through the start of school. The Rage will still be together next season.

I could be wroing, but I don't think the new rule applies to summer competition. It affects fall leagues, etc. Either way, I don't think it's fair for the TSSAA to dictate where guys can play in the summer. If the Rage wants to put together a team from one high school, it should be their right to do so. It would be an injustice for such a team to be broken up over something that should not be legislated in the first place.

Indiana Elite was not listed as a 16-u team. If it was their 16-u team, they are still one of the best in the nation if you look at their history. Regardless, it was a semi-final game at a major tournament, so the win is no less impressive. We were very pleased to see our team in the finals again in Indianapolis.

I could be wroing, but I don't think the new rule applies to summer competition. It affects fall leagues, etc. Either way, I don't think it's fair for the TSSAA to dictate where guys can play in the summer. If the Rage wants to put together a team from one high school, it should be their right to do so. It would be an injustice for such a team to be broken up over something that should not be legislated in the first place.

Indiana Elite was not listed as a 16-u team. If it was their 16-u team, they are still one of the best in the nation if you look at their history. Regardless, it was a semi-final game at a major tournament, so the win is no less impressive. We were very pleased to see our team in the finals again in Indianapolis.

We have double and tripple checked,, it only applies to what you do once school starts,,,,kids can do what they want in the other months after their HS team is eliminated, it is really going to effect fall baseball more than anything,,,but we did call and ask about the rule, TSSA says do what you want until the start of school, then you have to stop playing together.