Congrats to Tennessee Team Pride

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're great.....that's hilarious.

Let's not forget to mention the West TN Wings who attended Adidas and Nike events this year. Not so heavyD, would you say that those events helped your players get exposure, and contributed in some way to Chantel Poston receiving college attention, including her scholarship to Purdue? She is a fabulous player and should have a great college career, but there had to be some reason your organization chose to play in these events

Let's not forget to mention the West TN Wings who attended Adidas and Nike events this year. Not so heavyD, would you say that those events helped your players get exposure, and contributed in some way to Chantel Poston receiving college attention, including her scholarship to Purdue? She is a fabulous player and should have a great college career, but there had to be some reason your organization chose to play in these events

I was just telling Jimbo I thought his comment was funny, that's all. I am not going to touch the other comment about Nike vs Adidas....

I was just telling Jimbo I thought his comment was funny, that's all. I am not going to touch the other comment about Nike vs Adidas....

Why not? There are so many haters on here who try to turn their personal feelings about individuals into broad statements about the shoe companies, it would be nice and refreshing to here why clubs do indeed go to these events? I think it is safe to say that if the college coaches are going to use these events to see the talent that is out there, that it makes sense to attend the events. There are several teams across the state going to Adidas or Nike events, but the only thing some people want to do is take shots at the Flight organization or act like Nike and Adidas are ruining girls basketball. Even Robpride's team attended the Adidas Deep South event this year but I haven't heard any yelling about that. Makes no sense to me, so I'd like someone to explain it to me. And if the explanation comes down to a personal dislike of someone involved with an organization, leave it at that and stop trying to drag other clubs into it. You may have thought Jimbo's later statement was funny, but i didn't find anything humurous about his reference to past Memphis teams who in his words had more class. I can assure you if the Showboats or a team like that was in existence today they would be going to Adidas and Nike events to get their girls exposure......

So what you are saying is that the points system is rigged by Pride. How much sense does that make. According to your calculations Elite should be #1. Could it not be said that your points system is rigged. It's neither here not there. From what I read, Pride didn't have anything to do with making the points system other than earning them. Did Pride come up with the Clinton Cup? Let's enjoy a great showing by all TN teams and quit bickering about who one what.

So what you are saying is that the points system is rigged by Pride. How much sense does that make. According to your calculations Elite should be #1. Could it not be said that your points system is rigged. It's neither here not there. From what I read, Pride didn't have anything to do with making the points system other than earning them. Did Pride come up with the Clinton Cup? Let's enjoy a great showing by all TN teams and quit bickering about who one what.

Yes Pride did invent the idea of a Clinton Cup whci does not exist, and borrowed the point system from swimming. My calculation is based on their criteria. They just chose this year to only include Div 1 results when it served their purposes. When they announced the award last year, they declared themselves the #1 overall AAU program. So my point is if we are looking to acknowlege the best overall program, count all of the AAU National events. I don't consider that bickering, just pointing out the facts.

It was a great year for TN teams, including those not in these 2 organizations, and we should all be very proud of that. However, don't find fault with me. I didn't make up an award and declare myself the winner......

Yes Pride did invent the idea of a Clinton Cup whci does not exist, and borrowed the point system from swimming. My calculation is based on their criteria. They just chose this year to only include Div 1 results when it served their purposes. When they announced the award last year, they declared themselves the #1 overall AAU program. So my point is if we are looking to acknowlege the best overall program, count all of the AAU National events. I don't consider that bickering, just pointing out the facts.

It was a great year for TN teams, including those not in these 2 organizations, and we should all be very proud of that. However, don't find fault with me. I didn't make up an award and declare myself the winner......

Looks like he specified Div 1 in his post and on his web-site. Therefore, the Commander is correct. You should be happy that he is promoting your club also, since this is the first time you have made the top 10. If you go by your theory, everyone should play Div 2 and try to bump up their points.

Please try to take the high road because you are the one coming off as bitter. If you don't take any stock in the Clinton Cup, then stay silent because nobody really cares who won it anyway.

Looks like he specified Div 1 in his post and on his web-site. Therefore, the Commander is correct. You should be happy that he is promoting your club also, since this is the first time you have made the top 10. If you go by your theory, everyone should play Div 2 and try to bump up their points.

Please try to take the high road because you are the one coming off as bitter. If you don't take any stock in the Clinton Cup, then stay silent because nobody really cares who won it anyway.

Tennessee is blessed to have so many talanted atheletes like it has and for all you arrogant coaches that only think about your name being in the limelight you should be ashamed. All this what I'VE accomplished is bologna it's not your tails hustleling up and down the court and getting beat and banged but ya'll sure take the credit. Give the credit to the girls and all their hard work and abilities. Coacht used to be a good place of information but now it's blowing up a bunch of over grown EGO'S. You'd have no team if you didn't have the girls and i can't believe that any parent would let their child play under coaches like this for the "exposure" as been said so many times. I have grandchildren that played and still play AAU not on any teams mentioned and one played at UT and the other one is being recruited by 3 differnet colleges right now and neither never played in a Nike or Adidas tourney. If a child is good enough the college coaches will find them.

Now, Grow up and act like adults and stop worrying about your EGO'S and enjoy your teams they deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not bitter, just trying to point out the hypocrisy. I think it is great to measure the results of different clubs, and to recognize those who excel. There is an actual award that does this for the State of Tennessee that will be presented at the next AAU meeting in September. I think it would be great if AAU adopted the concept and formally did something like the Clinton Cup. However, for Commander or others to decide that Div 2 or Junior Olympics shouldn't count for anything in measuring programs is self-serving. I would bet you those totals would have been included if Pride fielded teams in those categories. They knew they would lose if they included those totals so they didn't, and now term it a Div 1 award. If the criteria now is going to be Div 1 only then so be it.

As to strategizing to bump up points, that is the tail wagging the dog. The idea is to measure the accomplishments of the teams, not to put together teams to try to win an award that doesn't even exist. Maybe AAU will come up with an award which will take all of these things into consideration. If they do I'm sure they will include D2 and JO.

In the meantime if Commander wants to declare his program the best, then I will do as you say and take the high road and let him have his self imposed glory........

Tennessee is blessed to have so many talanted atheletes like it has and for all you arrogant coaches that only think about your name being in the limelight you should be ashamed. All this what I'VE accomplished is bologna it's not your tails hustleling up and down the court and getting beat and banged but ya'll sure take the credit. Give the credit to the girls and all their hard work and abilities. Coacht used to be a good place of information but now it's blowing up a bunch of over grown EGO'S. You'd have no team if you didn't have the girls and i can't believe that any parent would let their child play under coaches like this for the "exposure" as been said so many times. I have grandchildren that played and still play AAU not on any teams mentioned and one played at UT and the other one is being recruited by 3 differnet colleges right now and neither never played in a Nike or Adidas tourney. If a child is good enough the college coaches will find them.

Now, Grow up and act like adults and stop worrying about your EGO'S and enjoy your teams they deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I obviously agree that the accomplishments are by the girls on the court. However coaches do play a part, otherwise we'd just send the girls out there on their own with no guidance. We can have an honest disagreement about what is in the best interests of the girls as to events to play in without the namecalling. All of the people who work with these clubs do so to help these girls, even the ones you say are in it for their egos. And I don't recall seeing a lot of statements from any of them on coacht using the terms I or me, but rather we as in the girls, coaches, etc.

Don't know where all of the emotion is coming from, and I don't know how a discussion about comparing the performances of teams or discussing options on how to get girls opportunities to play in college should get so ugly. Aren't message board forums designed to share opinions, even those you might not agree with? I'd just like to see people come to their conclusions based on facts, not who they like and don't like.