Lavergne 2007

nrgrizzlies

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left when it was 2-2 between ones (3-2 Indy if you count the blocked punt TD)

Some observations:

-Indy offensive line was extremely porous. Cordell rarely had time to throw the ball and very few holes opened up for Meeker.

-Lavergne tailback was really exciting to watch, should have a great season.

-Chris Gray is the real deal.

-Indy front 7 made some great plays. Pass D was a little suspect but nothing that can't be corrected...they definitely have the talent in the secondary.

-Not having Pettigrew really hurts the offense's ability to be multi-dimensional, so I look for the line to improve with his return, as now defenses can simply pin their ears back and go after the QB.

-Baugh didn't get as many touches as I would have liked. He certainly made the most of his two catches that I saw, however.

-Lavergne QB looked pretty good, had a great grasp of the offense and really handled zone coverage especially well.

-And how about the hit that little Ty Stannard laid on the Lavergne HB?

Overall a sloppy scrimmage...lots of turnovers and punts. What the heck was up with the lack of a chain crew? That was absolutely ridiculous and made the scrimmage that much harder to follow. Both teams had their moments and both will have good seasons this fall, but a lot of work remains. I believe the final ended up 4-3 Indy. Or 28-21. But I wasn't there for the finish so I'm sure somebody else can tell you better than I.

I left when it was 2-2 between ones (3-2 Indy if you count the blocked punt TD)

Some observations:

-Indy offensive line was extremely porous. Cordell rarely had time to throw the ball and very few holes opened up for Meeker.

-Lavergne tailback was really exciting to watch, should have a great season.

-Chris Gray is the real deal.

-Indy front 7 made some great plays. Pass D was a little suspect but nothing that can't be corrected...they definitely have the talent in the secondary.

-Not having Pettigrew really hurts the offense's ability to be multi-dimensional, so I look for the line to improve with his return, as now defenses can simply pin their ears back and go after the QB.

-Baugh didn't get as many touches as I would have liked. He certainly made the most of his two catches that I saw, however.

-Lavergne QB looked pretty good, had a great grasp of the offense and really handled zone coverage especially well.

-And how about the hit that little Ty Stannard laid on the Lavergne HB?

Overall a sloppy scrimmage...lots of turnovers and punts. What the heck was up with the lack of a chain crew? That was absolutely ridiculous and made the scrimmage that much harder to follow. Both teams had their moments and both will have good seasons this fall, but a lot of work remains. I believe the final ended up 4-3 Indy. Or 28-21. But I wasn't there for the finish so I'm sure somebody else can tell you better than I.

Good post.

Well its hard to determine who won this one because if you want to count every score, I believe Indy took it by like 2 TD's. But if you count the 1st teams scores then I think LaVergne won it by 3 because of the INT for a TD late in the scrimmage before 1st team was benched. Then again, they didn't count the blocked punt because they wasn't moving the ball on special teams so we lucked out. Its hard to tell.

First on Independence.

I think they will have a solid season this year. Cordell is a pretty good QB. Offensive line looked like their weakest spot to me on the field. Secondary did a good job on our WR's for the most part. Baugh will be Indy's playmaker if they use him more often. #12 is a beast. Offense and defense. I think thats Ryan Constigilio(sp??).

LaVergne's defense looked great. Gave up a couple of big plays, however, all of them were on 2nd stringers. But thats what scrimmages are for. LaVergne's secondary looks very, very, VERY promising. DB's did a great job against a good passing team, especially without all-state CB, Justin Bather, he's still sidelined. Defense also looked good on goal line run. Indy had some big tailbacks and defense stopped them a couple of times on goal line. There is still just a tiny hole to fill on the D-line. All big runs by Indy were right up the middle. They rarely ran to Ukwu's side and when they did, they didn't get much.

LaVergne's offense looked "ok" for the most part. Randall Tillery will be one of the best backs in the mid-state. Offensive line did a pretty good job, however the pass block wasn't too good. WR's made plays and didn't have any flat out drops. I think Gray might of had around 100yds and a TD. The #3 WR, Darnell Horton wasn't at the scrimmage either. Crocker and Williams both made good strides and bad. Crocker did good for the most part, but he tries to do more than he has to sometimes. On 3rd and short he will attempt a Vick scramble and its not necessary, he also has to learn to tuck the ball or start throwing it away. Williams and Crocker both ran the ball excellent on traps and speeds. Williams is a great runner with legit 4.6 speed. Williams arm looked good. The only bad decision I saw Williams make was on a option pitch. That can be corrected. Crocker had an off night so I would say Williams looked better last night. Whoever the QB is, they will get it done if they realize how many weapons they have around them. Also, be on the lookout for backup RB, Trey Oliver. He averaged about 6 yards a carry last night and will definately see some carries this year.

All in all, good test for both teams.

Good post.

Well its hard to determine who won this one because if you want to count every score, I believe Indy took it by like 2 TD's. But if you count the 1st teams scores then I think LaVergne won it by 3 because of the INT for a TD late in the scrimmage before 1st team was benched. Then again, they didn't count the blocked punt because they wasn't moving the ball on special teams so we lucked out. Its hard to tell.

First on Independence.

I think they will have a solid season this year. Cordell is a pretty good QB. Offensive line looked like their weakest spot to me on the field. Secondary did a good job on our WR's for the most part. Baugh will be Indy's playmaker if they use him more often. #12 is a beast. Offense and defense. I think thats Ryan Constigilio(sp??).

LaVergne's defense looked great. Gave up a couple of big plays, however, all of them were on 2nd stringers. But thats what scrimmages are for. LaVergne's secondary looks very, very, VERY promising. DB's did a great job against a good passing team, especially without all-state CB, Justin Bather, he's still sidelined. Defense also looked good on goal line run. Indy had some big tailbacks and defense stopped them a couple of times on goal line. There is still just a tiny hole to fill on the D-line. All big runs by Indy were right up the middle. They rarely ran to Ukwu's side and when they did, they didn't get much.

LaVergne's offense looked "ok" for the most part. Randall Tillery will be one of the best backs in the mid-state. Offensive line did a pretty good job, however the pass block wasn't too good. WR's made plays and didn't have any flat out drops. I think Gray might of had around 100yds and a TD. The #3 WR, Darnell Horton wasn't at the scrimmage either. Crocker and Williams both made good strides and bad. Crocker did good for the most part, but he tries to do more than he has to sometimes. On 3rd and short he will attempt a Vick scramble and its not necessary, he also has to learn to tuck the ball or start throwing it away. Williams and Crocker both ran the ball excellent on traps and speeds. Williams is a great runner with legit 4.6 speed. Williams arm looked good. The only bad decision I saw Williams make was on a option pitch. That can be corrected. Crocker had an off night so I would say Williams looked better last night. Whoever the QB is, they will get it done if they realize how many weapons they have around them. Also, be on the lookout for backup RB, Trey Oliver. He averaged about 6 yards a carry last night and will definately see some carries this year.

All in all, good test for both teams.

That late interception was against the second team offense from indy just to add that in there..

That late interception was against the second team offense from indy just to add that in there..

Yeah thats true because I just remembered it was a 2nd stringer that ran that back. Who knows, it was close. Can't really tell from scrimmages. But I hope Indy does well this year. They've come a long way in last couple of years in 5A, like LaVergne.

hs football -

is the jamboree still on vs. springfield for Friday night

and

who are some of the better non-LHS/Smyrna/Riverdale players returning this year in the region...

(question is open all everybody actually)

Does Siegel still have that holy terror DE (wears #6 iirc)

Does Lebanon have much back?

Wilson Central?

hs football -

is the jamboree still on vs. springfield for Friday night

and

who are some of the better non-LHS/Smyrna/Riverdale players returning this year in the region...

(question is open all everybody actually)

Does Siegel still have that holy terror DE (wears #6 iirc)

Does Lebanon have much back?

Wilson Central?

Yes it's still on.

The players I know of is

Blackman:

Wallace

Siegel:

Harper

Oakland:

Valentine

Elrod

Webster

Wilson Central:

Atkins

Majors

McChurch

Lebanon:

Sallis

a couple of more, just dont know names..