MBA vs Independence

johnooos

I would love to see Indy win this one, but the odds are stacked against them some when you play a team of "hired guns".

with this statement I assume you are implying that MBA recruits. I can tell you right now that recruiting does not happen at MBA. That is a reason that Ricky Bowers left for ensworth. He wanted some say in the addmission process to get some of his kids in. He was denied any say so in who gets in and who doesnt. It is purely academic. so to use the phrase "hired guns" it not only ignorant, but you are assuming that jus because a small private school is good they must recruit. MBA, as with many other private schools, win their games by working harder, being stronger, being better conditioned, and being better coached then most of the public schools. the only advantage schools like MBA has is the money. They are able to hire and retain outstanding coaches, they have outstanding facilities. When MBA renovated their facilities a few years ago, the trainer they had was a florida grad. Some of the then titans like jevon kearse, and kevin carter who went to florida would come work out here, and they said MBA has/had the best highschool facilities they had ever seen. they claimed that the MBA facilities rivaled the college and pro facilities they had been in.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see Indy win this one, but the odds are stacked against them some when you play a team of "hired guns".

with this statement I assume you are implying that MBA recruits. I can tell you right now that recruiting does not happen at MBA. That is a reason that Ricky Bowers left for ensworth. He wanted some say in the addmission process to get some of his kids in. He was denied any say so in who gets in and who doesnt. It is purely academic. so to use the phrase "hired guns" it not only ignorant, but you are assuming that jus because a small private school is good they must recruit. MBA, as with many other private schools, win their games by working harder, being stronger, being better conditioned, and being better coached then most of the public schools. the only advantage schools like MBA has is the money. They are able to hire and retain outstanding coaches, they have outstanding facilities. When MBA renovated their facilities a few years ago, the trainer they had was a florida grad. Some of the then titans like jevon kearse, and kevin carter who went to florida would come work out here, and they said MBA has/had the best highschool facilities they had ever seen. they claimed that the MBA facilities rivaled the college and pro facilities they had been in.

Sure bub...sure... People just live in the "neighborhood"!

Don't just say I or anyone else is ignorant....you said it yourself....the advantage is money.....or better yet...let's "zone" MBA for a couple of years.

You are pretty naive if you think that boat of nonsense is going to float with most people.

Man oh man..... let's see .......where have I heard that old saying before...."MBA, as with many other private schools, win their games by working harder, being stronger, being better conditioned, and being better coached than most of the public schools.

Sure bub...sure... People just live in the "neighborhood"!

Don't just say I or anyone else is ignorant....you said it yourself....the advantage is money.....or better yet...let's "zone" MBA for a couple of years.

You are pretty naive if you think that boat of nonsense is going to float with most people.

Man oh man..... let's see .......where have I heard that old saying before...."MBA, as with many other private schools, win their games by working harder, being stronger, being better conditioned, and being better coached than most of the public schools.

Whether someone wants to say they recruit or someone says they don't it will be an ongoing battle. In all honesty we all know a 6'5 315 or so pound kid is not there for his academic reasons but neither are other kids at other schools. If IHS goes out playing there game and have good play calling by the coaches with Cordell making smart choices there offense is unstoppable. Threats are all over the field from backfield to recievers. Whether Cordell is slow or not does not make a difference this is high school football and you can not be afraid to take a hit. His legs crumble when he even thinks of pressure. If he side steps or even scrambles he always has recievers waiting on him. I have no doubt MBA has talent but alot of teams do but if that offense can click i dont know of a team in the state that could truely stop IHS. People say blitz Cordell, maybe. But there are ways around that and the coaches should realize it before it costs them the playoffs like last year. It's going to be an exciting night come Friday GO EAGLESSS!!!!!

Whether someone wants to say they recruit or someone says they don't it will be an ongoing battle. In all honesty we all know a 6'5 315 or so pound kid is not there for his academic reasons but neither are other kids at other schools. If IHS goes out playing there game and have good play calling by the coaches with Cordell making smart choices there offense is unstoppable. Threats are all over the field from backfield to recievers. Whether Cordell is slow or not does not make a difference this is high school football and you can not be afraid to take a hit. His legs crumble when he even thinks of pressure. If he side steps or even scrambles he always has recievers waiting on him. I have no doubt MBA has talent but alot of teams do but if that offense can click i dont know of a team in the state that could truely stop IHS. People say blitz Cordell, maybe. But there are ways around that and the coaches should realize it before it costs them the playoffs like last year. It's going to be an exciting night come Friday GO EAGLESSS!!!!!

"In all honesty we all know a 6'5 315 or so pound kid is not there for his academic reasons but neither are other kids at other schools."

Well said. We all know that if he's that big, he can't be a good student. Come on.

"In all honesty we all know a 6'5 315 or so pound kid is not there for his academic reasons but neither are other kids at other schools."

Well said. We all know that if he's that big, he can't be a good student. Come on.

Actually, the 6'5 315 pound kid has a 3.7 GPA at one of the top, if not the top, academic schools in TN. and really if he didnt have the grades he would either be somewhere else or not playin on friday nights. and about the "zone" bulldog69...private schools have no zones and any kid can apply. one kid from lavergne, heck of an athlete, applied for mba...he had all the tools, speed(4.3 40 and 10.6 100m) quickness power and strength, and he didnt get accepted. so really anyone and everyone that plays for mba are students first...scholar comes before athlete in the motto. FYI

Actually, the 6'5 315 pound kid has a 3.7 GPA at one of the top, if not the top, academic schools in TN. and really if he didnt have the grades he would either be somewhere else or not playin on friday nights. and about the "zone" bulldog69...private schools have no zones and any kid can apply. one kid from lavergne, heck of an athlete, applied for mba...he had all the tools, speed(4.3 40 and 10.6 100m) quickness power and strength, and he didnt get accepted. so really anyone and everyone that plays for mba are students first...scholar comes before athlete in the motto. FYI

So if I am a 4.0 student and I want to go to MBA...all I have to do is apply...and if I qualify...I get in school...even though I am broke...run a 6.8 40... weak as a kitten. I can do all of this and no MONEY...right????/ What a deal!!

I'm rooting for Indy even more. I hope Indy puts 8-9 in the box.

So if I am a 4.0 student and I want to go to MBA...all I have to do is apply...and if I qualify...I get in school...even though I am broke...run a 6.8 40... weak as a kitten. I can do all of this and no MONEY...right????/ What a deal!!

financial aid will help but u will pay for some. put as many as u want in the box...antioch did the same thing and u saw wat happened to them...be prepared to get your feelings hurt

"

So how are you privy to his transcript? Are you also going to share with the world what his test scores are, or how many AP classes he is enrolled in? If you want to spout off about this stuff, let's have some full disclosure. Are no special gifts considered other than what applicants score on the admissions test? I doubt MBA would be that short-sighted.

BTW...there is no such thing as a 4.3 40 outside the Olympic Games!

actually....yes, that's exactly how it works. You get a financial aid award based on your family's ability to pay the tutition....nothing more, nothing less. If you run a 4.3 40, bench 350lbs, are a concert pianist, and have a 4.0 GPA, and your family makes $250k a year, you don't get a financial aid award.

if you run a 6.8 40, bench 100 lbs, and can't catch a cold, but your family's income qualifies you for financial aid, then you get financial aid. The people who award financial aid do so on the basis of tax returns alone and don't know any "qualifying" facts about the applicant (e.g., grades, athletic ability, etc.)

So how are you privy to his transcript? Are you also going to share with the world what his test scores are, or how many AP classes he is enrolled in? If you want to spout off about this stuff, let's have some full disclosure. Are no special gifts considered other than what applicants score on the admissions test? I doubt MBA would be that short-sighted.

BTW...there is no such thing as a 4.3 40 outside the Olympic Games!

yea i exagerrated a bit, but the kid is FAST...all im sayin is that u cant make assumptions about certain athletes even if they are good and bailey is a good student. alot smarter than yall think

yea i exagerrated a bit, but the kid is FAST...all im sayin is that u cant make assumptions about certain athletes even if they are good and bailey is a good student. alot smarter than yall think

I absolutely agree with your point here. I have had to bite my tongue countless times when people have made some incredibly misinformed statements about who and who is not on financial aid, who is and is not a good student, etc.

...and BRBB, thanks for restating the reality of how financial aid works at all the DII schools. It has been repeated on this board probably 100 times, but some people will never understand!

Now back to the game. Any predictions? I'm seeing Indy here in a close one that's going to be decided in the 4th quarter. If the line can't protect Cordell this week, he'll have to have poise back there in the backfield to look for those quick passes to Veres, Parker, or Baugh. Indy's going to have to establish the run also. Pettigrew didn't look close to 100% out there. The question is, who do they put back there. Eubanks really doesn't want to overwork Consiglio, but he could work Josh Bailey or Brett Meaker back there. Indy's offense will have to click if they want to win.