giles vs. lawrence

Dedicated#62

Coming back from a deficit and beating a team in OT is pretty exciting in my book, but that's just me, and to reiterate a previous statement, to each his own. Giles County made just a few key mistakes, there's no excuse for dropping the football, no excuse, the most important thing about a play is having the ball at the end of the play. The defense just allowed a few big plays, and other than that pretty much shut the Vikings out. Having said that, ALL these things can be corrected. The young runners Tobias Houston (Soph.) and Cory Houston (Soph.) did TREMENDOUS for their inexperience. Not to mention to AWESOME play by the young pig slinger, my boy, Mr. Bo Wallace. He ripped the Humboldt defense through the air all night and when their back was against the wall, the young QB took the ball into his own hands and came up big for his team. At this rate, Bo very well may be a D-1 prospect if he can get more work in the weight room. Kendall Dangerfield continued his reign as the big man of region 5 and Josh Perez came up with a nice pick early in the 2nd quarter. All in all I'd say that if you erase a few mistakes, it should have been a rout by Giles County.

Coach O'Conner will have the team as well prepared as they can for the battle with the Wild Cats of Lawrence County this week.

Hopefully the Bell stays in its rightful home at the hallowed grounds of GCHS .

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the board, ProblemChild. I myself watched the game, and didnt think one way or the other about it, but when I see half the Giles Co. people leaving after a field goal that just tied it, I made a community statement, glad we got the win, and Im not complaining, but as one of my worst enemies say, "Offense puts fans in the stands!" Remember the score was 0-0 at halftime, which GC is not used to.

Yes to each his own, thank you Dedicated#62.

Since you watched the game yourself you would know that the reason people started leaving was certainly not because the game was boring, but because Mother Nature was playing havoc with the sky. People seem to be a little uneasy when lightening starts flashing everywhere.

That game had fans on the edge of their seats-Awesome game Bobcats.

Coming back from a deficit and beating a team in OT is pretty exciting in my book, but that's just me, and to reiterate a previous statement, to each his own. Giles County made just a few key mistakes, there's no excuse for dropping the football, no excuse, the most important thing about a play is having the ball at the end of the play. The defense just allowed a few big plays, and other than that pretty much shut the Vikings out. Having said that, ALL these things can be corrected. The young runners Tobias Houston (Soph.) and Cory Houston (Soph.) did TREMENDOUS for their inexperience. Not to mention to AWESOME play by the young pig slinger, my boy, Mr. Bo Wallace. He ripped the Humboldt defense through the air all night and when their back was against the wall, the young QB took the ball into his own hands and came up big for his team. At this rate, Bo very well may be a D-1 prospect if he can get more work in the weight room. Kendall Dangerfield continued his reign as the big man of region 5 and Josh Perez came up with a nice pick early in the 2nd quarter. All in all I'd say that if you erase a few mistakes, it should have been a rout by Giles County.

Coach O'Conner will have the team as well prepared as they can for the battle with the Wild Cats of Lawrence County this week.

Hopefully the Bell stays in its rightful home at the hallowed grounds of GCHS .

i might be wrong but i think cory houston is a junior he couldn't play last year because of a heart condition,don't leave out rico brown he stepped up and made some great catches last friday.

WOW!!! What a game. When GC got off to a quick 14-0 lead early in the first quarter, it looked like it was going to be blowout city, but LC never gave up, though. Both teams struggled to maintain posession of the ball, causing this to be a low scoring game, but GC held on 14-13 to keep the cowbell at its rightful home. Good luck Cats next week vs. Cheatham County.

Back-to-Back!!!!!