Coffee County at Oakland

If they were thrown out doesn't that mean they are out for the next game. What position does 40 play?

Well that is the question....anytime I have seen a player ejected, they have to leave the field totally. Of course maybe that was a Marty U thing??

Both guys remained on the sidelines the remainder of the game, so I am not sure if they were actually ejected. No blows were exchanged and neither removed their jersey or helmet. It was weird.

Richard Nelson is #40.....RB/DE

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many did you eat??BTW.........what was the deal with 78 and 40 thrown out?

Just had one my stomach gets in knotts at games...lol

Well that is the question....anytime I have seen a player ejected, they have to leave the field totally. Of course maybe that was a Marty U thing?? Both guys remained on the sidelines the remainder of the game, so I am not sure if they were actually ejected. No blows were exchanged and neither removed their jersey or helmet. It was weird. Richard Nelson is #40.....RB/DE

I think if the teams appeal this will be overturned I don't agree with throwing either player out it was during a play and i can't find anyone who saw anything

I know what you mean....I only ate 4 tonight myself. The mugginess was getting to me....that and yall continuing to keep fighting.

you know i took some good things away from this game even with the loss... i knew it would hard for us to win because of oakalnds speed we always have a hard time with speed but we moved the ball well against an above average defense and i was very pleased with the overall effort i think we will be ok... check your pms in a minutes 2p

I agree with everything 2P had to say. The game was basically in the books and I nearly lost my mind on the illegal substitution non-call and call. He doesn't call it on a play CC scores a TD on and then calls it on a play OHS is taking a knee. Good to see the Patriot offense come alive. All four TDs on scores of 40 or more yards. If the first two games are any indication Schaller is going to be a big time football player for the next three years. The kid stays calm under pressure and finds a way to make the best of it, instead of some of the POOR decisions OHS QBs have made the last three years. Bass, Valentine, and B.J. Nelson all made some very nice plays out of the backfield. I too was really impressed with Amey, I think he could possibly be the best DE in the region. The ejections of both Gonzalez and R. Nelson appeared to be unwarrented as I heard NO ONE who saw punches thrown.

I was impressed with CC in many aspects. Goins is a terrific player. I also was impressed with Hobbs's arm and decision making in the passing game. They played hard, tough and in the end just didn't have as much speed as OHS. CC also had some big good looking guys on the Dline.

On a related note the entire atmosphere at OHS is different and great. The student section, the rotc, parents, other fans were great and had awsome attitudes. The indoor facility was huge!! Gonna be awesome when the inside is completed. I truely believe the entire school of Oakland is on the rise. Great things are on the horizon at OHS.

You know what.......I forgot to mention the programs. I really didn't think they could be better than the ones last yr.....but guess what.....they WERE!!!! Fantastic job!!I agree about Schaller.....he is going to be bigtime.....and Amey is just a JUNIOR. I am licking my chops. Also hear there is a BEAST back on the freshman team who scored on an INT return and then a TD running the ball. They say the kid was juking and blocking for himself. WOW.......OHS on the rise ,baby!!Great to see you back on mynameis.......you have been missed!Hey 5A, did you get a look at the massive indoor facility?

I do see a close bond between these guys. They have been through quite a bit in just a couple of years. I think they actually like each other, which I don't think has been the case the last few years. I also think they as a unit care more about football more than the last couple of teams.

Losing a few along the way didn't hurt either if you know what I mean.........