Coffee County at Oakland

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game to watch tonight. Great atmosphere and pretty good hospitality from the Oakland folks for sure! Oakland will have a shot at the playoffs in that region for sure, the quarterback was impressive no doubt. The excitedment was kind of stunted though with the two unwarranted ejections. Not only were they undeserving, but slowed the game down tremendously! But a great game besides that. I do have one concern when it comes to the Red Raiders. Coffee County is not a very deep team, and if first teamers go down with injuries then they could be in trouble...and all three starting running backs (Goins, Tinsley and Kanjanabout) got banged up tonight. Not really sure what happened to Kanjanabout but he stayed down for a minute towards the end and Goins I believe was cramping pretty badly. Tinsley may have injured his ankle but it was before garbage time it appears. I'm not sure they should have been in the game at that point. CC had obviously already conceded like they should have at that point, as noted by them kicking off instead of opting for the onside kick. Gotta make the CC fans hold their breath when Kanjanabout stayed down for a minute even though he did get back up...CC can't afford injuries...especially when the game is out of reach.

Really proud of my Patriots tonight. Wasnt there but based on what Ive heard, it sounds like it was a banner night for the offense, full of big plays. I hope Oakland can get this kind of production out of their offense not only next week, but every game. If that is the case, with their solid defense, Oakland is going to be a really tough team to beat.

Article from the tennessean: Oakland Wins

Pedo, were they officially ejected as in turned in? I think both Price and Ferg need to send tape in and appeal.

From where I was in the radio booth it appeared that they were but I'm not sure than anyone knows...the officials may not even know! And what happened with the penalties after the "ejections" ? ... They signaled unsportsmanlike on both sides and waved them off as if they offset. They they signaled unsportsmanlike against CC and said Oakland declined it...then assesed 15 yards against Oakland? Someone fill me in? .... but you said it 2P if they did actually get ejected then both teams have a case with the TSSAA...but will they hear it is the question?

From where I was in the radio booth it appeared that they were but I'm not sure than anyone knows...the officials may not even know! And what happened with the penalties after the "ejections" ? ... They signaled unsportsmanlike on both sides and waved them off as if they offset. They they signaled unsportsmanlike against CC and said Oakland declined it...then assesed 15 yards against Oakland? Someone fill me in? .... but you said it 2P if they did actually get ejected then both teams have a case with the TSSAA...but will they hear it is the question?

I was in shock about that crazy call too.....

I have never heard of an appeal being overturned to tell you the truth.....but with no blows exchanged....I don't see how this one was justified.

I was in shock about that crazy call too.....

I have never heard of an appeal being overturned to tell you the truth.....but with no blows exchanged....I don't see how this one was justified.

I remember one. Quincy Russell from Franklin County had one overturned in 2005 I believe it was? He was ejected the week before the Rebels came to Manchester, but after the TSSAA reviewed it he was playing against Coffee County the next week. But that's the ONLY time I remember the TSSAA even considering overturing its precious officials.

I remember one. Quincy Russell from Franklin County had one overturned in 2005 I believe it was? He was ejected the week before the Rebels came to Manchester, but after the TSSAA reviewed it he was playing against Coffee County the next week. But that's the ONLY time I remember the TSSAA even considering overturing its precious officials.

Seems like if you have proof on film....it should be. Knowing TSSAA though they will charge you to look at it.