Whitehaven @ Fairley

kwc

Hard call, but Whitehaven seems to have loads of talent this year, so I will give them the nod.

stuman89:

Yes, Whitehaven is loaded. Whitehaven is always loaded. Every year. Despite that, Whitehaven has not lived up to it's potential. Whitehaven won this game last year, and I believe, the year before that. It is always a hard faught game. I'm thinking we win it again this year in a close game.

stuman89:

Yes, Whitehaven is loaded. Whitehaven is always loaded. Every year. Despite that, Whitehaven has not lived up to it's potential. Whitehaven won this game last year, and I believe, the year before that. It is always a hard faught game. I'm thinking we win it again this year in a close game.

Fairley returns a number of players from last years breakout squad and in my opinion will battle Melrose for the region 8 title. Also, this is a big rivalry, so anything can happen. I am going with Whitehaven in a game that will be decided by no more than a touchdown. However, I would not be surprised if Fairley pulled off the upset

OMW

Fairley returns a number of players from last years breakout squad and in my opinion will battle Melrose for the region 8 title. Also, this is a big rivalry, so anything can happen. I am going with Whitehaven in a game that will be decided by no more than a touchdown. However, I would not be surprised if Fairley pulled off the upset

OMW

OMW:

You gotta ask yourself ... if Fairley wins ... is it an upset? I know Whitehaven is 5A and Fairley is 4A, but honestly ... looking at the teams and the personel, does Whitehaven have that much of an advantage in numbers? I haven't looked at the enrollment numbers, genrally, Whitehaven is around 1,500 students, give or take 100 or so. I don't know Fairley's and I don't feel like looking it up, lol. But .. just from the crowd and atmosphere, and knowing the communities the way I do, I don't feel like Whitehaven has that much of an advantage, if any.

That being said, Whitehaven is suppose to win becsue they are 5A ... but Fairley has the players and depth. They both can run the ball and we know that they can pass the ball. It all comes down to who's defense can slow down the others offense enough for their offense to outscore them. Both teams are loaded with studs. I hate that I am going to miss this one.

Melrose plays Mitchell don't they? Whitehaven beat them 28-16 ... but I was told they were leading 25-0 at half without subbing in the JV. I was told that Whitehaven relaxed and let Mitchell back in it. I don't like the sounds of that. So ... this week will be another indicator on each teams progress. Fairley beat Westwood 42-0. But Westwood is a bad 2A team ... what can you learn from that? I know Mitchell is a 3A team ... but they are a pretty decent 3A team. Westwood's program is on life support, and has been for a very long time.

Tomorrow's games will be telling, and good.

I saw Whitehaven play in the National 7 on 7 Tournament in Hoover. They seemed to have a good chemistry and were loaded with talent. If they have any interior linemen, they should make a deep run this year.

12NCS:

Yeah, Whitehaven did well to finish 5th place in a national 7 on 7 tourmnament. I was pleased to hear it. Traditionally, Whitehaven does well in 7 on 7 tournaments. Will that translate into the Whitehaven offensive philosophy? I would like to see Whitehaven open it up a bit more in game time situations. Whitehaven has always had top notch running backs because of the running game. We will see what the OC at Whitehaven elects to do. 7 on 7 tournaments, do not simulate real gametime play. The jury is still out. We will see.

OK guys:

Those who attended this game give me some feedback. I've seen the score and I've seen the stats. I didn't go to the game. The stats say the game was equal, the score says otherwise. My guess is that Fairley had turnovers on their side of the field and Whitehaven took advantage. I can't see it any other way. The stats aren't overwhelming in Whitehaven's favor. So what gives? Did I surmise about right?