Independance vs Cordell

Legend48

I GUESS EVERYONE IS HAPPY!!!!!! NOW ZAC CORDELL IS OFF OF THE FOOTBALL TEAM. WHO CARES IF WAS JUST HIS SENIOR YEAR AND ALL THE HOURS SPENT ON THE PRACTICE FIELD AND TRAVEL FROM PLACE TO TRY TO PLEASE SOME COACH AND THE HAVE FANS CHEERING HIM AND THE TEAM ON SO LITTLE REWARD FOR SO MUCH WORK. BUT WHEN ZAC NEEDED THAT CHEERING ON HE GOT A BACK TURNED TO HIM . FINNALY ! HIS JUNIOR AND SENIOR YEAR BOY WON'T THAT BE GREAT. MOVING FROM MBA A POWER HOUSE THAT BRINGS PLAYERS IN FROM EVERYWHERE AND MOVING TO A NEW AND FANTISTIC INDEPENDENCE HIGH SCHOOL AND TRY TO MAKE THAT TEAM AND FINISH OUT HIS HIGH SCHOOL YEARS. WELL ! A LITTLE GRAY HEADED CAFETERIA LADY AS I REMEMBER THEM SAID NO TO A 35 CENT HAMBURGER AND FORCED HIM TO MAKE A WRONG DICISION TO GO AHEAD AND EAT ONE BECAUSE OF PRACTICE COMING IN THE AFTERNOON THAT WAS THE START OF IT ALL. MADE SUCH AN IMPACT A TEACHER MADE HER CLASS WRITE A ESSAY ON THE STORY!!! WELL ALSO SOME PARENTS THAT WERE JEALIOUS OF A TALENTED PLAYER COMING IN AND TAKING THEIR SON'S PLAYNG TIME. A PRINICIPLE , COACH, PARENTS, CAFETERIA WORKER, TURNED THIER BACK !!NO CHEERING FOR ZAC CORDELL AND THE TEAM! YES TEAM THEY SUFFERED TOO. A BIG LOSS TURNED THINGS AROUND FOR THEM AND THEY COULD NOT RECOVER. THIS TIME CHEERING COULD HAVE BEEN BIG HELP!!!!!! ZAC NEEDED ENVOURAGEMENT BUT I GUESS A THIEF IS A THIEF ! KICK HIM OFF THE TEAM!!!! I READ ON THIS BOARD - SCHOOL FROM SCHOOL I HEARD - HIS DADDY DONE THIS AND THAT ! I READ !!! YES HIS DAD HAS DONE IT HE LOST THOUSANDS ON A HOUSE AND DISRUPPED HIS FAMILY TO MOVE INTO A SCHOOL DISTRICT FOR HIS SON TO FINISH OUT HIS LAST 2 YEARS OF HIGH SCHOOL AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE A CHANCE TO PLAY COLLEGE FOOTBALL. BUT WAS HE CHEERED ON FOR BRINGING A VERY TALENTED PLAYER TO INDENDPENCE NO HE WAS NOT EVEN SPOKEN TO BY THE OTHER PARENTS BUT THEY YELLED OUT NEGITIVE COMENTS WHERE HE COULD HEAR IN THE STANDS BUT HE TOOK IT AND WENT ON. HE WAS THERE FOR ZAC AND HE WAS ONE OF A FEW THAT CHEERED ZAC ON . YEA A FAMILY THAT HAS SPENT MANY HOURS, MONEY, TO SEE THIER KID PLAY HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS.!!!! JEALIOUS PARENTS THINK IF YOU HAVE REALLY MADE THAT SACAFICE FOR YOUR KID THAT STANDS ON THE SIDELINE.

THE UNDERGROUND TEAM SAW VICTORY THIS WEEK WHEN ZAC CORDELL FINALLY COULD NOT TAKE ANY MORE AND LEFT INDENDEPENCE HE IS ONLY A 19 YEAR OLD KID THAT WANTED TO PLAY BALL MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD A PERFECT KID NO ! NOW HE IS OUT GETTING JOB'S DURING THE DAY AND A 2ND JOB AT NIGHT OH! WHAT ABOUT GRADUATION? THE PRESSURE THIS KID HAS HAD THE LAST 2 YEARS GED SOUNDS REAL EXCITING TO HIM. EVERYONE THAT HAS SAID ANYTHING NEGITIVE AGAINIST HIM AND HIS FAMILY SHOULD RETHINK YOUR THOUGHTS

I AM JUST A OUTSIDER THAT CAME TO WATCH HIM PLAY LAST YEAR AND WAS ANIOUS TO WATCH THE TEAM GO FAR THIS YEAR BUT THAT IS HISTORY FOR ME I HOPE THE TEAM GOES UNDEFEATED. I AM ONE THAT CHEERS FOR THE TEAM I FOLLOW!!! MY WIFE AND I HAVE 5 CHILDREN, SOME THAT EXCELLED IN SPORTS AND SOME THAT DID NOT BUT WE ALLWAYS CHEERED THEM ON NO MATTER WHAT.

THIS BOARD IS GREAT AND I HOPE THEY ALLOW THIS LETTER TO GO OUT TO EVERYONE THAT IS ENVOLVED AND EVERY PARENT NEEDS TO READ THIS AND PREPARE THIER SON OR DAUGHTER FOR WHAT IS COMING OUT THERE AND WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE SPORTS OF HIGH SCHOOL.

THIS BOARD COULD HAVE CHEERED ZAC ON WHEN HE NEEDED IT BUT IT FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COULD HAVED SAVED A GOOD PLAYER!!!!

I DO SAY GOOD LUCK TO INDY! AND THAT I MYSELF AM STILL CHEERING ZAC CORDELL ON BECAUSE HE WILL NEED IT DURING HIS EARLY START IN LIFE.

I AM SENDING THIS ANYWAY I HOPE YOU ARE NOT CHECING GRAMMER OR SPELLING BUT JUST LISTEM TO WHAT HAS HAPPEN TO A GREAT LITTLE KID BUT IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD LIFE GOES ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So he wanted to eat a hamburger at lunch and didn't have enough money and that is the big "Hamburgler" incident. Ridiculous!!!!! I absolutley hate it when school cafeteria's won't let kids eat and turn them away hungry just because they forgot their money or whatever. Zac, if you get a chance to read this, don't let these jealous parents get the better of you and don't give up!! I hope you and your family find the right place for you. I know there are probably many schools that would love to have you.

Umm...so I "listemed" to what you had to say about this incident, and after "checing" through your message, I must say how "anious" I am for your 5 children. You represent Tennessee very well with your capitalized rant about a kid who forgot football was a privilege.

And since when was it a public board's responsibility to cheer on a player? I suppose every NFL board should be littered with "I love Michael Vick" sentiments. Heck, why don't we go to a college football board and send cyber kisses to that backup punter from Northern Colorado who stabbed the starting punter's leg. Give me a break.

No one has a right to play sports. Every student must (theoretically) abide by school rules, and do essentially whatever the coach/athletic director/school administration asks them to do, within reason. I don't know the exact details of this case, but I don't need to. If the collective of the authoritative body doesn't want Cordell to play, then he shouldn't be allowed to play until he has fulfilled whatever need said body has. Obviously Zac Cordell couldn't do that.

So, in closing, please be quiet.

Oh, and by the way, if you go into a cafeteria with no money and still expect food, you obviously don't have the sense to play football. Or do much of anything, for that matter. It's called STEALING. "Oh, he just wanted a hamburger, and didn't have any money, so he took it, what's wrong with that?". Um, lets see, maybe the fact that you don't just take whatever you want in this world. Maybe I should go to a local museum and just exclaim "Oh, I want that! But dear me, I haven't the money to buy such an object. Oh well, with it I go regardless!".

NOW please be quiet.

This pity thread is short sited.

Priorities are mixed up, education before sports. I couldn’t care less if he played football or not. I do care if a child has the possibility of full-filling his education requirements at high school and going on to college. This is the real tragedy.

Well that was 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back. So one of your teachers had you guys write an essay on this obviously scandalous situation? Hmmm.....after that long-winded diatribe I suggest you get back to the classroom.....and fast. Send my best to Mr. Cordell since I have utterly failed in my duty to come on a public message board and give him my full support.

Umm...so I "listemed" to what you had to say about this incident, and after "checing" through your message, I must say how "anious" I am for your 5 children. You represent Tennessee very well with your capitalized rant about a kid who forgot football was a privilege.

And since when was it a public board's responsibility to cheer on a player? I suppose every NFL board should be littered with "I love Michael Vick" sentiments. Heck, why don't we go to a college football board and send cyber kisses to that backup punter from Northern Colorado who stabbed the starting punter's leg. Give me a break.

No one has a right to play sports. Every student must (theoretically) abide by school rules, and do essentially whatever the coach/athletic director/school administration asks them to do, within reason. I don't know the exact details of this case, but I don't need to. If the collective of the authoritative body doesn't want Cordell to play, then he shouldn't be allowed to play until he has fulfilled whatever need said body has. Obviously Zac Cordell couldn't do that.

Oh, and by the way, if you go into a cafeteria with no money and still expect food, you obviously don't have the sense to play football. Or do much of anything, for that matter. It's called STEALING. "Oh, he just wanted a hamburger, and didn't have any money, so he took it, what's wrong with that?". Um, lets see, maybe the fact that you don't just take whatever you want in this world. Maybe I should go to a local museum and just exclaim "Oh, I want that! But dear me, I haven't the money to buy such an object. Oh well, with it I go regardless!".

NOW please be quiet.

Telling me to be quiet is a true admission of guilt, we are not talking about phyiscial harm to animals or humans it was something for lunch .35 bashing and making fun of must be your life . You must be a young man so keep this in mind the next time 35 cents becomes a issue in your life.

This pity thread is short sited.

Priorities are mixed up, education before sports. I couldn’t care less if he played football or not. I do care if a child has the possibility of full-filling his education requirements at high school and going on to college. This is the real tragedy.

You are right and I am sure he will finish his education, you are right again it is a tragedy!

NOW please be quiet.

First of All, Don't EVER tell me to "Be Quiet". Second, Millions upon Millions of students go into a cafeteria every day and get lunch for free, and it's the suburban kids who forget their money who are denied. It is RIDICULOUS!! No school student should be denied lunch for lack of money. Second, it is a tragedy when a student drops out of school and you obviously show no sympathy whatsoever for this kid!! Shame on You!!

Actually, telling someone to be quiet means I simply don't want to hear a rant anymore.

Secondly, this isn't even about stealing a hamburger, it's about a kid who wouldn't follow the rules. Where exactly are his parents in all of this? Do you realize how easy it is to pass high school? How about how easy it is to abide by it's regulations?

Please "shame on me" all you would like. This thread isn't about a kid dropping out of school. It's about a kid being no longer being on a football team. I'm reacting primarily to the first two statements made in the initial post of this thread:

"GUESS EVERYONE IS HAPPY!!!!!! NOW ZAC CORDELL IS OFF OF THE FOOTBALL TEAM."

The bigger topic indeed is education. However, this is a FOOTBALL forum, and the education of a student has no place here.

First of All, Don't EVER tell me to "Be Quiet". Second, Millions upon Millions of students go into a cafeteria every day and get lunch for free, and it's the suburban kids who forget their money who are denied. It is RIDICULOUS!! No school student should be denied lunch for lack of money. Second, it is a tragedy when a student drops out of school and you obviously show no sympathy whatsoever for this kid!! Shame on You!!

Oh, shut up!! You talk like Cordell is from the streets or something. If you can afford the tuition for schools such as Ezell-Harding and MBA, then you can fork over some money for lunch. There's a reason those kids get lunch for free, and it's much more tragic than anything that's ever happened to Zac Cordell. Yeah, it's a sad story what happened to him, but everything that happened was a result of his own choices.

Oh, shut up!! You talk like Cordell is from the streets or something. If you can afford the tuition for schools such as Ezell-Harding and MBA, then you can fork over some money for lunch. There's a reason those kids get lunch for free, and it's much more tragic than anything that's ever happened to Zac Cordell. Yeah, it's a sad story what happened to him, but everything that happened was a result of his own choices.

As a parent, you embarrass me!! And you embarrass your school!!

As a parent, you embarrass me!! And you embarrass your school!!

First off this is not an answer to this statement just a few things...... what everyone has wrote on here i beleive in to an extent. It is sad to see a kid waste an education degree. It is sad that the kid has problems but "Legend" you have no right coming in here complaining about what some people say or do. Cordell is playing a competitve sport where to much suprise there are fans and when you dont do good you will be critisized. When coaches saying playing sports is alot like life it is. So are you argueing that when Mr. Superstar Cordell screws up his job no one should be on his case about his performance??? It's garbage!! If he can't take it he shouldnt play the sport period. And like what was said earlier on that it is a privelege to play a sport and there are ways that athelets should carry themselves and that kid did not care enough about what his actions might cause. Another question that was brought up, is where were his parents??? If as you say LEGEND that his parents did so much for him and his football career, why weren't they teaching him how to be respectful to the rules and to his own teamates??? Because your a so called "STAR" of a team it does not give you the right to do as you please and yes i know enough is said on him but Michael Vick is prime example... So enough said on Cordell.... it is a shame and prayers go out to him but this is a football page not education page and second the beauty of this country you can say what you want when you want its opinion and in the world of sports every single person who watches sports has an opinion so if a player or a parent or a coach can't take upset fans get out of sports... So Indy came off a sloppy win this week however a win is a win and they need much improvement if they hope to improve there record for the season.....