Independance vs Cordell

Legend48

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess we've reached the sad end to what has been a long train of events. It didn't have to end this way--people are shaped by the choices that they make. Sure, people coddled him his whole life, but he's almost 19 years old now. He makes his own decisions and he has to live with them, simple as that. No different than any other adult.

This rant is childish and absolutely ludicrous. Zac has made his bed, now he must lie in it. This issue is nothing more but a Cordell family issue and it should be treated as such. Nobody on this board should be discussing his affairs. Let him be.

Why? Because you don't want to accept the truth?

CHS, I am just dissapointed. I can relate to what Legend is talking about. I know how some of these parents can be when things don't go the way they want and they can be ugly. They yell things at football games, they shouldn't yell. And things can get blown out of proportion. What you are seeing and hearing on some of these message boards continue to be ugly, and it's wrong. These are still kids, and we parent's need to behave responsibly and set proper examples and we don't always do that. Saying these negative things about a student athlete's character anonymously is just wrong. As I said, hopefully, he will find another school. I would encourage a school that is in need of a QB and has a welcoming program to contact his family. I imagine he has learned a thing or two. We all continue to make mistakes and learn, he's no different.

CHS, I am just dissapointed. I can relate to what Legend is talking about. I know how some of these parents can be when things don't go the way they want and they can be ugly. They yell things at football games, they shouldn't yell. And things can get blown out of proportion. What you are seeing and hearing on some of these message boards continue to be ugly, and it's wrong. These are still kids, and we parent's need to behave responsibly and set proper examples and we don't always do that. Saying these negative things about a student athlete's character anonymously is just wrong. As I said, hopefully, he will find another school. I would encourage a school that is in need of a QB and has a welcoming program to contact his family. I imagine he has learned a thing or two. We all continue to make mistakes and learn, he's no different.

CHS's comments had nothing to do with how parents act at games. He was refering to your rant against the people who get lunch for free everyday as opposed to kids who were in a "situation" such as Cordell's. CHS is right, those kids who have to get lunch free are the same kids whose parents use food stamps, have multiple jobs, and scrape together every bit of change they have to live. Zac Cordell was not in this situation at all. To sit here and codell someone because they didn't have "$0.35" (which I may add is an incorrect figure) to buy a hamburger is ridiculous.

Yes, high school students need support, but this is also the time where they need to begin to face reality. For a senior like Zac he would have been in college in a year, and he would have entered a world where people aren't babied. As for your comments about a program needing a QB, that will never happen. Not because of the assassination of his character, but because of the fact that he is no longer eligible to play.

Finally, in response to this original post, don't blame shift and say "it's everyone elses fault." Cordell has done things wrong, and just like anyone else who does something wrong, he has had to face the consequences. Don't blame other parents, teachers, or the cafeteria lady, because it isn't their fault. It is his fault. It is not our fault for not, "giving him the support he so desperately needed," but instead his fault for continuing to act irresponsibly.

Why? Because you don't want to accept the truth?

The sad part about this thread and others like it is that very few people know exactly what the truth is. And then you get the forum trolls that like to pipe in with their 2 cents when they have no idea what they're talking about. This thread serves absolutely no purpose other than blaming everyone from Zac to a gray-haired lunch lady. I have emailed coacht to kill this thread. It serves no purpose.

The embarassing thing is that "someone," I say "someone" started this juvenille thread to begin with. And about the stealing the hamburger incident, if a student does not have the money to purchase a regular meal from the school cafeteria then a substitute meal is appointed to that person. An example being a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. So therefore he was not "denied lunch." Stealing is not and I repeat not the answer to anything. And I wonder how much did Independence really miss Zack last season when the whole hamburger incident took place. If memory serves me right the Eagles mass 441 yards on offense without him in the Dickson County game and upon his return against Ravenwood they amassed as astonishing 80 yards as stated in the Independence High Football Media Guide.