Best Players To Come Out Of Carter County?

longhairdontcare

You must be a young guy. Hampton has had a lot of great players that I could name from 1990 on up and so has Cloudland. Maybe Tommy Sams from Happy Valley. I can't think of anyone up on the creek.

Im not young but i watched alot of games last year and they all good but... all right i give you a player from the 90's maybe the best QB ever..... Mark Brown..... but once again lil Mike Lunsford is very good... starting as a Sophomore and doin very well that says something

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Mark Byrd, Cloudland... easily the best player I have ever seen. he just made opponents look retarded. all-state 4 years. mr football winner, when he graduated he was 1st and 2nd on the all-time list for rushing yards in a season by a QB

2. BJ Taylor, Hampton... very quick, extremely fast and he hit the hole like no other player i have ever seen. i can still remember him running td's against alcoa in the 1996 playoffs

3. Tim Clipse, Cloudland... never saw him play but heard he just absolutely ran through teams. have heard 1 person say he was better than byrd but that is hard to believe. i also heard tennessee was seriously recruiting him at one point

4. Adam Townsend, Hampton... very quick, his moves in the open field were only rivaled by byrd. he may not have been able to outrun every player on the field like byrd or taylor but he made you miss and was fast enough to leave you standing still, was 1st in the state and 16th in the nation in rushing yards at the time of his injury last year

its hard to distinguish between Clipse, Taylor, and Townsend because I never seen Clispe play and can barely remember BJ. the argument between Townsend and Taylor is that Taylor did in 2A against a lot better oponents week in and out than Adam. but BJ had a much better line to run behind than Adam did and I agree that BJ had a better line. i just think that the difference in the quality of opponents seperates the two. but i believe just about everyone agrees that byrd is the top player to come out of carter co.

others... dane christman, cloudland. dakota benfield, cloudland, andrew rhinehart, elizabethton.