coffee county

windysports

• 2 weeks later...

Although I can admit to knowing next to nothing about the details and intricacies of playing soccer, to me, it looks as though as long as they are winning, the competitive edge is with them; however, they tend to get a little down if they give up a couple goals. That's not to say that they aren't some of the most competitive girls in the state, its just pointing out that a good pep talk with a little intensity might do them some good. Again, I know nothing about soccer. Just my opinion.

bump

The girls soccer program has seen a steady decline over the past four years. From 2002-2004 CHS soccer along with Tullahoma was really the cream of the crop. Even in 2004, though, it started to go downhill somewhat. Coaching instability can certainly be to blame. After coach Richardson resigned, Coach Sain was only there for a season before leaving and now Coach Winton is working on her third season. Also, the decline of marquee athletes. In the "glory days" if you will, the Lady Raiders put all-region type of players on the field. Ex. Christina Webb and Jessica White, two girls that started from their freshman years on up (2001-2004) and are both excelling in collegiate soccer programs. Something that is really overlooked here is the installation of a Volleyball program. CHS did NOT have a volleyball program until 2006, and now, it appears that the better female athletes (including some that are very capable soccer players) are on the hardwood and not on the grass surface. Just an outside opinion.

bump

Apparently there are some issues that you have about this program and coach (when 4 of the 6 posts are by yourself). Airing your greivances on a public forum about a coach who cannot defend herself is not appropriate and is one of the reason that other coaches in this state are thinking that Coach T is just a gossip forum for disgruntled parents and players. Perhaps you should confront her with your concerns and allow her to explain herself, or approach the athletic director and let him handle it. I thought you might get the idea when I deleted the last thread you started, but I guess not.

It is REAL easy to blame a season on a coach, especially when you are not pouring your blood sweat and tears into a program day after day, but sitting and observing. While I would normally just close this thread, I am just a bit tired of coaches getting blasted (whether they deserve it or not). Do something about it, if you don't like it. Volunteer to help, get a coaching license and coach yourself, but don't get on here and throw verbal darts at coaches. If you are unclear as to why, please refer to the COACH T rules (especially rule 12)

Be Responsible: Do not post slanderous, libelous, or any defamatory statements on the Message Boards.