Best Perry County player of all time?

colonel94

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well White had 126 tackles his sophmore year. I think not for sure but I dont think Francis played on both sides of the ball, at PC the good players play on both sides of the ball because of the lack of numbers. I think if white wouldnt have got hurt and only played linebacker his stats would have been real good, and might have went D1, but of course in 1A you have to play both sides of the ball. As for my top 5. As bad as I want to Im not going to include myself, if you couldnt tell this Calvin Zemer, but here you go.

1.White

2.Rainey

3.Bastin

4.Reed

5.Bunch

Calvin you were a heck of a player. Never will forget when you broke your arm in 7th grade in drills going agaist Forrest White. You never once complained about your arm, all you could say was "Dang, now I ain't gonna get to play" missed the entire season due to your arm, but you came back the next year and did a great job! Went on to H.S. to be one of the best the school has had. Good Job!

Sure thing coach. So I think i might join in on the conversation. Ya'll must remember the "old" war horses, Clay Pope, Clay is the most athletic player that's been at PC since football started, he played Football-Baseball-and Basketball and was very good at all three, very versatile. I don't think any of these young players that play for the H.S. now could take a hit like that one Jeremy Breaud, and Wesley Hedgepath gave, heck I'm a big guy,[was] and i ain't all that but i also didn't stink and I know that the hits I got from them really really hurt. Blaster you probley remember this, Hedge's senior year when we played JCS they had this "All American" DE big hopes for this guy, he was big. It was the first play of the game, we had the ball, coach sent in the play ,Hedge had to pull left and hit the DE which was the "AM". Well, hedge pulled and smack, down goes Frazier, dude went out hardly ever played another down, that memory just sticks out in my mind, you talking about hit i was blocking downfield on that right side of the ball and heard that one, heck he pulled left from the LG position. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> hey look calvin i found you a flower.

Sure thing coach. So I think i might join in on the conversation. Ya'll must remember the "old" war horses, Clay Pope, Clay is the most athletic player that's been at PC since football started, he played Football-Baseball-and Basketball and was very good at all three, very versatile. I don't think any of these young players that play for the H.S. now could take a hit like that one Jeremy Breaud, and Wesley Hedgepath gave, heck I'm a big guy,[was] and i ain't all that but i also didn't stink and I know that the hits I got from them really really hurt. Blaster you probley remember this, Hedge's senior year when we played JCS they had this "All American" DE big hopes for this guy, he was big. It was the first play of the game, we had the ball, coach sent in the play ,Hedge had to pull left and hit the DE which was the "AM". Well, hedge pulled and smack, down goes Frazier, dude went out hardly ever played another down, that memory just sticks out in my mind, you talking about hit i was blocking downfield on that right side of the ball and heard that one, heck he pulled left from the LG position. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> hey look calvin i found you a flower.

Yes I do remeber that hit. One of the best hits I have seen in H.S. football. Heck, I haven't seen hits like that in NCAA or NFL. I am sure the Frazier kid from JCS remembers it too.

• 2 weeks later...

well it has been said some kid named Robert Francis. I looked into it and found most of his tackles were assists. Also it helps when your dline was being double teamed. Plus Francis dont even play college ball. So what does that say? As for Mike Rhodes, he is the best B-ball I ever knew at PC. As for Football, I stick with White, Zemer and Sanders. Zemer and Sanders are the only 2 still playing ball. White quit. And where did Sanders come from? I couldnt find much on him. All I could find was his senior stats...

Thanks ..Kenny T for bringing this up.....Hello PC I rose from the ashes!!!!! Col94....u rang my bell and v-pride said it so... Had u came to any of the games you would know alot about my son!! Robert Francis, those 125 "R" ligit plus all the other stats Oh yeah lets talk about 2A riverside/PC match up,,,Robert had his best day there a blocked FG, blocked punt, int.,11 tackles....Ohhhhh, I forgot, the hit heard around the county Rob't & D. McCaig( by the way Robt was #55, McCaig #46) when with 20 ticks remaining, hit the Riverside receiver in the end zone which drop the ball for PC to win that game. I was at every game that yr. and didnt miss a single sec. of any game. Im going to give credit wheres its due our PC boys that yr. AND EVERY ONE OF YOU HAD A PART AND OTHERS MORE that it least we had a great year, we should have been 9-1.but of course thats history. As for Robert is attending Bethel with Sanders. As for Robert in the team... there was a recruiter from there took roberts stuff then left Bethel with his stuff and didnt return. I called and of course they didnt know of him....we met up with the new def. coord. and told me Robert will begin his season in Jan 08. Im sorry...did I mention Robert played with a broken collarbone the whole season...

Just for laughs I talked to kenny t today about PC football and its past, he he did mention those players from the past such as hedgepath,,, Robert was fortunate to be recognize in the 06 all state team, and his jersey to be retired. which I know #55 was Sanders #. I did tell Robert ,,Im sure there were past players who should have their jersey retired..I know I cant answer that...thats for the coaches then to answer...Maybe they can be recognized, as well of the players in the future who earn the honor. Robert knows all of this, and he knows he didnt do it alone it takes the def. to set up the plays for things to happen. But give Robert where credit is due...at least he deserves that ..I do every weekend I get to see him from college. Thank you every one who helped Robt get to where he is from Coach Tutor and his staff to Coach Laster (blaster) to Coach Rice and to Coach Bradley and the DIRTY DOZEN you know who u are. To kennyt and the Vikings from the past..... thanks for opening the door for the vikings of the future. And yes Chris will be 1 0f them

It is great to hear that Robert is in College. I hope he does well. Mr. Francis, my email address is retsalt@yahoo.com keep me informed on how he is doing. I still can't believe how much Robert improved from year to year. This young man went from not knowing much about football to making an all state team and going to college. If that is not success in a program, would someone please tell me what is. It is all about the kids, lets keep it that way!

I say VikingPride had the best guess at it. But there are definetly more players that deserve to be on the list that had played in the past. But as for you Mr. Francis Robert is a good kid and was a heck of a player but you need to know that Sanders never wore #55. He was #20. Forrest White wore it before him and Josh Lineberry before Forrest.

I say VikingPride had the best guess at it. But there are definetly more players that deserve to be on the list that had played in the past. But as for you Mr. Francis Robert is a good kid and was a heck of a player but you need to know that Sanders never wore #55. He was #20. Forrest White wore it before him and Josh Lineberry before Forrest.

U are very right... Just got mixed up there, theres a place called Harley's Restaurant (very good food , by the way lol.) alot of pics of him (Forrest). My Bad ...sorry Forrest!!