Best Perry County player of all time?

colonel94

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know if there has been an outstanding player come out of perry county.

Robert Francis does come to mind. not the best overall. definitly the best linebacker so far. the only reason he didnt go play futher was his size... what is he.. 150 lbs? LB Coach from Bethel was interested but left.

Those 126 solo tackles are legit.

Top 5..

5. Robert Francis/ Josh Rogers/ Collin Bastin/ Drew Bunch/ Warren Bates/ Brad Sanders and a whole lot more would tie for top 5. always had great fullbacks (especially those under Rice.)

4. Forrest White.. would have been number one. but the knee problems he had really effected his game. his first games as a junior before the injury... none better.

3. Shannon Rainy. great Athlete. one more year under Rice would have made this kid famous.

2. Calvin Zeemer. Has the best chance to do something at the college level.

1. Chris Reed.. dont know how this season will be for Chris but last year the offense was made for him. he had nearly 1,000 yards rushing and also passed for several hundred. great defender and tackler. like most kids from PC he is smaller than most colleges like but is the best so far. i hope his carreer only gets better this year.

I agree with the names that you mentioned being some of the best PC has had, but I am not going to rank them. However, It is hard to mention the best players with out listing names like Wesley Hedgepath, who was recruited by some colleges but chose another route, Kenny Trull, Wes Waters, Jeremy Breaud, Brian Cagle, Clay Pope(Who in one game ran a fake punt from standing on his own goal line for a TD), Craig Mercer who played one year at Martin, Brian Taylor who only got to play one year because football started his senior year, and several others who played the game well. I will have to agree that Chris Reed has the potential to be the best that PC has ever had.

Robert Francis does come to mind. not the best overall. definitly the best linebacker so far. the only reason he didnt go play futher was his size... what is he.. 150 lbs? LB Coach from Bethel was interested but left.

Top 5..

5. Robert Francis/ Josh Rogers/ Collin Bastin/ Drew Bunch/ Warren Bates/ Brad Sanders and a whole lot more would tie for top 5. always had great fullbacks (especially those under Rice.)

4. Forrest White.. would have been number one. but the knee problems he had really effected his game. his first games as a junior before the injury... none better.

3. Shannon Rainy. great Athlete. one more year under Rice would have made this kid famous.

1. Chris Reed.. dont know how this season will be for Chris but last year the offense was made for him. he had nearly 1,000 yards rushing and also passed for several hundred. great defender and tackler. like most kids from PC he is smaller than most colleges like but is the best so far. i hope his carreer only gets better this year.

I forgot all about Reed. He is probably the best so far. To bad he is not bigger. However he still might go somewhere. Where did Zemer and Sanders go? How they doing?

Shannon Rainey Rushed for 1000 and passed for 1000 and was a heck of a good saftey thatb would hit somebody

Shannon was a great athlete. I remeber in practice one day he was playing strong safety during a scrimmage and hit one of our receivers and almost knocked him out. When the other kids started saying things like "Dang Shannon, you didn't have to kill him" Shannon came back with a coment that I still use on the field today. This quote truely describes the kind of player Shannon was. " We didn't come out here to play two hand touch!!!"

That is the mentality of a true football player! I do not know where Shannon is today or what he is doing, but I wish him the best of luck.

Top 5..

Well White had 126 tackles his sophmore year. I think not for sure but I dont think Francis played on both sides of the ball, at PC the good players play on both sides of the ball because of the lack of numbers. I think if white wouldnt have got hurt and only played linebacker his stats would have been real good, and might have went D1, but of course in 1A you have to play both sides of the ball. As for my top 5. As bad as I want to Im not going to include myself, if you couldnt tell this Calvin Zemer, but here you go.

1.White

2.Rainey

3.Bastin

4.Reed

5.Bunch