Whats wrong with MO'WEST?

TrojanOT50

i havent had time to go see them play, but the seniors call me frustrated all the time. i'm just wondering whats going on from some of you old guy's perspective? they have talent, always do. so whats happening?oh, and please no coach bashing. the guys at morristown west are one of a kind, and are awesome men, so if it might head that way i'll just have a mod lock the thread.

TrojanOT50,I have seen every Morristown West game this year, and I can tell you the two biggest problems are mistakes and the competition.They have played 3 very strong teams in Catholic, Jefferson County, and Science Hill. Catholic is a huge power in class 3A, and with Jefferson County and Science Hill being 5A...its hard to classify those losses as upsets. Science Hill and Catholic are probably the strongest teams that West will see all year, short of Maryville (should they meet in the playoffs).As far as what can be handled on the field...turnovers and special teams have been the most problematic. In the 3 losses, they have given up a touchdown return on special teams. The Jefferson County game, it was turnovers that ultimately did in the Trojans.However, they played their best game of the season against David Crockett. It really looks like they have righted the ship, and I anticipate them improving in the 2nd half of the season. It all starts with the first game after the BYE week....MORRISTOWN EAST!

i havent had time to go see them play, but the seniors call me frustrated all the time. i'm just wondering whats going on from some of you old guy's perspective? they have talent, always do. so whats happening?oh, and please no coach bashing. the guys at morristown west are one of a kind, and are awesome men, so if it might head that way i'll just have a mod lock the thread.

If it's not the coaches, that only leaves one other possibility. The kids are a good group and after last week seem more cohesive.

It doesn't seem a true leader has emerged to keep the fire going as in years past. The overall effort looked much better last week - better tackling efforts on defense and good second/third efforts on offense. The execution by the OL looked a little better (I noticed some new numbers out there...).

It usually comes down to two things:

1. How badly do you want it?

2. What are you willing to do (in practice or the game) to get it?