TIES, TIES, TIES ok or not.

NeWbLuE

I would just like to hear your opinion on ties, I think they are better than a loss obviously, but c'mon check us out, we have 10, count um 10 ties this year !!!!(check eurosport) That just might be a State record. 5/2/10 overall.(2/0/7 district) No losses in district play. The only losses came at the Sycamore Invitational Tourney at mid-season. In one way it is a good thing... undefeated in district play but you can only tie so many times and your confidence level tends to drop because it is not a win either. Only time will tell. We have scored too...30 goals to 10 on us. We just can't seem to get over the "hump".

Thanks.....

I think that all teid games in High School Soccer should be broken with the same format that occurs in the play-offs! The entire season no team gets to practice PK's in a setting that instills the presure that only a match can provide. If the regular season games were allowed to go to PK's after 80 minutes + the two overtime periods, then it would serve for a better playoff system due to the practice. Look at TSSAA sports: Football, Basketball, Softball, Tennis, Golf, Volleyball---There isnt anyother sport that I can think of that allows a regular season game to end in a Tie!

The ties are pretty beneficial for WH-H considering how the district is figuring seeding for the tournament. According to the report I've seen, they are giving 2 points for a win and 1 point for a tie. This gives WH-H 11 points and puts them at 2nd in the district.

Don't know why the 2:1 ratio instead of 3:1. Doesn't seem right that a team with only 2 wins in the district would be seeded higher than teams with at least 4 wins (which there are 3 of right now.) Something may change, that remains to be seen.

Doesn't seem right that a team with only 2 wins in the district would be seeded higher than teams with at least 4 wins (which there are 3 of right now.) Something may change, that remains to be seen.

Obviously, the reason is because the team in question have not lost to any team in the district including the Top teams (and that my friend is not easy)....The other teams might have 4 wins but they still have Lost some games too, correct.

I do agree that a win should equal 3 points a tie 1 point just like every other scoring system in the world does it. That would eliminate any question.

Good luck