SMYRNA VS LAVERGNE

82cat

sorry but the rain is going to be long gone by game time.(based on all 3 local forecast)

sonny is one of the best at throwing the ball in wet weather.

with no rain and the field wet it is an advantage to wrs

if lavergne concentrates 8 players on sonny and covers with only 3 db's lavergne will need more lights on the visitors side of the score board!

as for all this blitzing sonny I have news-- smyrna over the past 3 years has seen every type of blitz conceivable trying to get to him. Sonny is just like peyton manning - when he sees a blitz he knows there is a big play out there.

sonny has his own qb coach in coach robbins (who coached twenty something years in college sending several qbs to the pros) that works with him on virtually every scenario. Sonny is a great talent but coach robbins coaching sonny knows what to expect and where the defensive weakness.

however all this qb wr stuff may be a moot point apparently everyone has forgot the last time smyrna lavergne played in the playoff last year. Smyrna came out with a ball control offense and took nearly the entire 1st qtr to drive it for a td with every play being a run. smyrna continued with a ball control running game plan for the rest of the game with success.

I do like how you lay out your thoughts though

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that was a really in depth post. I think the rain may be gone by Friday night, but you never know.

Last year, Smyrna had the two veteran Sr. rb's and that was the kind of experienced depth that made for the "keep the ball out of the other team's hands" that had lots to do with the 24-0 final score. Obviously they also played good defense, seeing as how LHS had starting putting up some big numbers on teams late in the year (52 at Blackman, 48 vs. Wilson Central in muddy quagmire, plenty enough points to win at Cookeville)...

I'd hate to see weather be a factor at all in any teams favor. This is going to be a great game as is Riverdale/Wilson Central. I hope the fields dry out in time for the games.

In my opinion bryson is better than either of smyrnas tbs last year

he sees the field better and once he gets into the defense backfiled he is like barry sanders. hendricks and harris were both straight ahead hit the gap runners. bryson can do either

now he is not better than the combination of the 2, that was a huge advantage to be able to alternate harris and hendricks

latest forecast

rain stops today sunny 75 tommorrow right now it doesn't look like weather will be a factor.

sorry but the rain is going to be long gone by game time.(based on all 3 local forecast)

sonny is one of the best at throwing the ball in wet weather.

with no rain and the field wet it is an advantage to wrs

if lavergne concentrates 8 players on sonny and covers with only 3 db's lavergne will need more lights on the visitors side of the score board!

as for all this blitzing sonny I have news-- smyrna over the past 3 years has seen every type of blitz conceivable trying to get to him. Sonny is just like peyton manning - when he sees a blitz he knows there is a big play out there.

sonny has his own qb coach in coach robbins (who coached twenty something years in college sending several qbs to the pros) that works with him on virtually every scenario. Sonny is a great talent but coach robbins coaching sonny knows what to expect and where the defensive weakness.

however all this qb wr stuff may be a moot point apparently everyone has forgot the last time smyrna lavergne played in the playoff last year. Smyrna came out with a ball control offense and took nearly the entire 1st qtr to drive it for a td with every play being a run. smyrna continued with a ball control running game plan for the rest of the game with success.

I do like how you lay out your thoughts though

Three Questions for CAT

1)If YOU coached LaVergne how would you attempt to beat Smyrna?

2)What do you think the final score will be?

3)Is Sonny Superman?

Three Questions for CAT

1)If YOU coached LaVergne how would you attempt to beat Smyrna?

2)What do you think the final score will be?

3)Is Sonny Superman?

I realize I am not Cat, but here are my answers.

1. Do not turn the ball over. Establish the run and keep Sonny and Co. off the field. That has been the key for the last several losses Smyrna has had.

2. 26-16

3. more like Batman. (the utility belt helps)

I realize I am not Cat, but here are my answers.

1. Do not turn the ball over. Establish the run and keep Sonny and Co. off the field. That has been the key for the last several losses Smyrna has had.

2. 26-16

3. more like Batman. (the utility belt helps)

I agree about ball control but it just does'nt seem to fit the LaVergne O. This offense is built on big plays and time possession has never been their strong suit. Lavergne will score 21 points without a doubt but its the D that will need to tote the line. Our offense has not had many opportunities to get on the field in the past two regional games.

Our opponents have ripped us a new one up the middle with qb sneaks leaving our offense on the sideline as spectators. IF the LAVERGNE "D" can hold Smyrna to under 20 points LaVergne will win. Yes, I said it.......write it down and tell your friends. The LaVergne offense will show up in this one if we can hold Smyrna to under 20.

Looking for all takers......Here's the bet.... If Smyrna scores under 20 points and wins I will personally jump on the Smyrna bandwagon and post only (positive) threads about Smyrna each week for the remainder of the year including playoffs. I will also download the Smyrna logo to my picture section beside my name on Coach T. BUT, If I win and you lose ...then you will post positive things each week regarding LaVergne and climb aboard our bandwagon for the remainder of the year including playoffs. You will also download the LaVergne logo beside your name on coach T. This is for Smyrna fans or other regional teams only .....LaVergne fans are excluded.

Stand up and be counted:

1)

2)

3)

4)

My plan is quite different if it goes Lavergne's way in this.

But I can't say what that plan is at this time. Sorry about that.

????????????????????????????????????????????///.....what?

I know a secret but i can't tell??????????????then why even say anything?????????????

Please delete your post ........it doesn't belong unless you will clarify your statement

Yes and if you remember correctly I was one of the first to be on here to congratulate you about it. Thing is as some keep pointing out that was LAST year and this years games have yet to be played.

The more I see bdogg on here spouting off about R'dale the more I am CONVINCED he don't think y'all can do it again. He may say he isn't but the boy/girl whatever IT is, is either obsessed or worried. I know how 82cat likes to poor mouth y'alls teams and the ability to beat us and I am not buying it either. Man is trying to play with our minds and he does a good job of it, but I do NOT think Coach A will let it get to the actual players as it should NOT. I have lots of respect for 82cat but NONE for bdogg. 'IT' resorts to name calling and put downs when hit in the face with the facts.

Any way it goes I 'think' R'dale will keep on rolling along with its winning ways. After all they are STILL Region CHAMPS!

Got my asbestos suit on bdogg, take your best shot! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

no i was talking about how they said lavergne lost to yall...i was saying that they lost to us..im not saying anything about the smyrna riverdale game till next week

????????????????????????????????????????????///.....what?

I know a secret but i can't tell??????????????then why even say anything?????????????

Please delete your post ........it doesn't belong unless you will clarify your statement

Even though I know we pull for the same school, I don't think being a member of the "T" for 48 hours makes one a moderator with standing to tell what can and can't be posted.

Sorry to pee on your attempt to be the board moderator.

Even though I know we pull for the same school, I don't think being a member of the "T" for 48 hours makes one a moderator with standing to tell what can and can't be posted.

Sorry to pee on your attempt to be the board moderator.

Are you kidding me? Im not trying to moderate but your post only seem to take up space that contain little knowledge. I have been reading the forum section on this website for a while now and just now felt like responding.

Way to share your football knowledge with the group. When you actually have something useful to share with the group then post a comment until then let those of us who actually understand the game of football respond. Don't rush to posting......think it through......be halfway intelligent with your response for I refuse to match wits with an unarmed man.

Actually, I could easily do indepth anaylsis of the offense, defense and special teams play of LHS for the last 3 years. I could give a 200 word comparison between A-rod and Crocker. I could go another 150 why the backup tailback (Oliver) should be a wide-out next year and the backup wideout (Hodges) should be the replacement for Tillery instead. I know which special teams player is pound-for-pound, probably the strongest player on the team nobody ever hears about. I've missed seeing 2 games in the last 3 years - home and away - including post-season.

If you had been on this board prior to the last 48 hours, you would already know all this.

Your knowledge of LHS football might be equal to mine (maybe) - but your lack of time on this board is causing you to act ignorantly. My statement of being "non-committal" on what my reaction will be if LHS wins this game was based 100% on referring to what the tone of my posts would be re: Smyrna supporters (and the ones who have posted here the most can only surmise what that will be - LOL!!!)