Mo East vs Volunteer

flyinfalcon

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He came in and began to clean up a program that overlooked everything and was doing a good job of being an example of integrity and then just quit. There are things going on that would have gotten guys booted last year that are tolerated. My issue is that this team has young talent and I am not upset with the losses. I am upset with the assesment of the talent and the utilization of it, The lack of fundamentals that are taught and the overall discipline of the team. I saw a east player give the throat slash while trailing 13-7. There is no room for that crap in HS ball and even if it had been seen, it would not have been dealt with. I think the issue that fans are having is not the fact we may lose but how we are doing it and what is going on behind the scenes that the average fan may not know.

I agree, some things have been overlooked with a few players. Couple of these players, have problem

at home. I think Coach Hatcher has try to be a father figure to some. When you start changing the rules,

because someone is a great player, You end up with the problem we have now. I really think Coach

Hatcher heart is in the right place, but you cannot save everybody. We as fans, need too give Coach

Hatcher our support. This is only his 2nd year here, He will learn alot about this year & any mistakes

that were made.

Canefan72, you know who I am. I think, when the season is over, Alot of the problem you talk about can

be address. Have a little more faith in the program. We will have alot of talent on next year team.

I fell a open door meeting(with coach Hatcher) after the season, will only make us stronger for next

year. We as fans & parents need too be on the same page as the Coaches. We have 2 more games

too go in the season. Let's support our young men & Coaches these next 2 weeks. You never know

What can happen.

Remember this is not the same team we had in fall camp, because of injuries and kicking off an all-state

RB. This is a young team now, We just have to live with someone of the mistake from players & coaches.

We will never have a soild program, if we keep changing Coaches every couple of years. Let's give these

Coaches atlease another year or 2 before we start crying for a change. Coach Woods has been at West

for 10 years or more. It took him time to build that program. Go Canes!

He was being blocked down field and turned. Learn some football and as far as our crowd and our field, you have NO room to talk trash, you are volunteer.

If he was engaged..how did he turn? Hmm....physics question. So your man was blocking him (hard down the field, like you said) but our guy turned his back? Sound like David Copperfield. An Illusionist.

Still one play didnt make the game, just the final score. East was soundly beat. And for a team that was picked second in the conference and now may not make the play-offs, hmmmmm

If he was engaged..how did he turn? Hmm....physics question. So your man was blocking him (hard down the field, like you said) but our guy turned his back? Sound like David Copperfield. An Illusionist.

Still one play didnt make the game, just the final score. East was soundly beat. And for a team that was picked second in the conference and now may not make the play-offs, hmmmmm

please keep typing. You seem more intelligent with every word. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Eastfan and cane72 that is the problem, the fans and parents are not in this phase of the program. You hired a guy to do these things and run this team. You don't have to know or approve of the things that they do. Your job is support of the kids and the program. I don't know who you are and unless you are in the admin. or have something to do with hiring, then it is not your place. If you are a parent then find out what your kid needs to do to get better and work on that. Trust the guy hired.

I edited this because I don't know the entire story. If you are not happy with playing time or where they are playing, or play calling not for you to say.

Eastfan and cane72 that is the problem, the fans and parents are not in this phase of the program. You hired a guy to do these things and run this team. You don't have to know or approve of the things that they do. Your job is support of the kids and the program. I don't know who you are and unless you are in the admin. or have something to do with hiring, then it is not your place. If you are a parent then find out what your kid needs to do to get better and work on that. Trust the guy hired.

If you read my post above, we are saying the same thing. I agree we Hired a Good Coach in Mr. Hatcher.

I am an fan of East High Football ( My son played a few years back) I hope any of my comments didn't

Hurt any player or Coaches fellings. Their is not a bigger supporter of East High football or Coach Hatcher,

than me. I do trust Coach Hatcher in getting this thing fixed. Most of my comment come from what I see

each friday Night. I have been with this program along time, and I can add sure you, it has been alot worst.

I do not have a son playing, so I cannot comment on some of the things Cane72 is talking about. This is

an message board were fans can vent alittle, Just some Fans & parents may go too far. Every team has

a few nuts in the stands. MAKE NO MISTAKE, I SUPPORT THE TEAM & COACHES! Go Canes!

U all can't blame the coach i still haven't heard the real story on dockery but thats where u start see look at sullivan south u take out phillips there in the same situation that u guys are in how does an all state guy get kicked off the team u make up tons of excuses and keep him there right duh? but this isn't ur coaches fault its the lack of discipline in the players this is how it was in greeneville zeller was a great coach his players just stopped listening and didn't respect him and now mccurry has instilled a fear in the player that he is the coach and what he says goes so maybe this all just starts with dockery and when he was lost the team lost any swagger they had and no one has stepped up

I went to east,played at east and that is my school. I want to see the right thing done. Dockery left a summer session early and then did not show the next day. He was suspended for the first half of the karns(opener) and told if he did it again he would be dismissed. He did and was the following monday after the karns game. My issue is that since then, there was a player whom quit the team on a monday and then played on friday after being told he would not and another that has missed at least 3 tuesdays(heavy day) and has not been benched for it until friday when he was told he would not play and then went in with 6:40 left in the first half and played the rest of the night. There are players being benched on the O line each week for poor play so it looks as if discipline has gone out the window. There are guys whom get burned deep every week on D and fumble almost evry time they touch the ball and they keep playing but not the O line. 4 of the 5 starters lost their jobs and get screamed at by fellow player(a coaches job) but that is overlooked. My point is that they need to be consistant with rules and punishment for breaking them. I do not get paid to want the program to be something to be proud of, the coaches do. I am sorry that I refuse to drink the koolaid and just blindly support something that I see as wrong. I do not boo about it and nevr will. As 07devil said, McCurry put the fear in the guys and let them know he meant bussiness. Last year, we had that but this year they are trading that off for a chance to win a game by putting a suspended player in(btw, we lost both of those games) The swagger should be from hard work and confidence and not from ego. If you look back at my posts, I supported the moves made last year and agreed with cutting dockery but after they cut him and struggled on offense(due to injuries and youth not dockery) they changed how they dealt with certain issues and that is when my position changed on how I support the team. I love these players and the ones who know who I am know that I want only the best for them and that is all I want for my alma mater. To be a TEAM and work together and make a commitment to each other should be the goal. If you teach a work ethic and instill values in a kid, winning will happen.

I went to east,played at east and that is my school. I want to see the right thing done. Dockery left a summer session early and then did not show the next day. He was suspended for the first half of the karns(opener) and told if he did it again he would be dismissed. He did and was the following monday after the karns game. My issue is that since then, there was a player whom quit the team on a monday and then played on friday after being told he would not and another that has missed at least 3 tuesdays(heavy day) and has not been benched for it until friday when he was told he would not play and then went in with 6:40 left in the first half and played the rest of the night. There are players being benched on the O line each week for poor play so it looks as if discipline has gone out the window. There are guys whom get burned deep every week on D and fumble almost evry time they touch the ball and they keep playing but not the O line. 4 of the 5 starters lost their jobs and get screamed at by fellow player(a coaches job) but that is overlooked. My point is that they need to be consistant with rules and punishment for breaking them. I do not get paid to want the program to be something to be proud of, the coaches do. I am sorry that I refuse to drink the koolaid and just blindly support something that I see as wrong. I do not boo about it and nevr will. As 07devil said, McCurry put the fear in the guys and let them know he meant bussiness. Last year, we had that but this year they are trading that off for a chance to win a game by putting a suspended player in(btw, we lost both of those games) The swagger should be from hard work and confidence and not from ego. If you look back at my posts, I supported the moves made last year and agreed with cutting dockery but after they cut him and struggled on offense(due to injuries and youth not dockery) they changed how they dealt with certain issues and that is when my position changed on how I support the team. I love these players and the ones who know who I am know that I want only the best for them and that is all I want for my alma mater. To be a TEAM and work together and make a commitment to each other should be the goal. If you teach a work ethic and instill values in a kid, winning will happen.

Very well put...the coaches need to have a meeting with each other and figure out the problem