District 3-A and 4-A

Cookevegas3

What is everyone's take on Region 2 A and how it will play out?

District 3A

1. Grace Christian - Clear #1 who returns all starters from last year's team that made it to the region semi-final. Hopefully they will play a more competitive schedule than last year.

2. Rockwood - They did lose a few players, but Coach K always has his team ready.

3. Harriman - Lose 4 starters, but will reload with talented young players.

4. Greenback - Should return most of last year's team and have another year under the Coach Mac system.

5. Knox Christian - Not sure about returning players, but they could be higher.

6. Berean CHristian - A new team to the district who returns all but one from a team that beat OS and Loudon last year.

7. Midway- Probably won't have the horses to keep up with most teams this year.

8. TSD - Don't know much about them so they could better than the bottom team.

To me, #1 is solid with teams 2-6 being more flexable as 2 and 3 could challenge with 4-6 being sleepers.

District 4A

1. Oliver Springs - Loses a few from a year ago but does return their leading scorer and a couple others ready to make a name for themselves.

2. Sunbright - Didn't lose much and should have a team ready to compete for the top spot.

3. Oneida - Did lose 4 seniors, but return a handful of players who saw plenty of action last year.

4. Wartburg - Hurt most with graduation, losing about 7 seniors. Returns 1 starter and little experience.

5. Oakdale - Return most of last years team, but need to find better post game and consistant perimeter game to climb.

6. Coalfield - Like Wartburg, lost almost all of experience due to graduation. Will rebuild with young team and new coach.

I give the slight edge at 1 to OS, with Sunbright and Oneida to challenge. 4 and 5 are sleepers this year.

OVERALL IN THE REGION

1. Grace

2. OS

Others to compete: Oneida, Sunbright, Rockwood, Harriman

I dont know much about rockwood but my rankigs would have to go

#1 Grace really good team lots of weapons

2 Harriman dont know much about but hear they got some size

3 Greenback they'll play with a lot of heart this year

4 Rockwood could use some size this year

5 Knox Christian new coach?

6 Midway needs alot of help

7 T.S.D dont kno anything about them

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know much about rockwood but my rankigs would have to go

#1 Grace really good team lots of weapons

2 Harriman dont know much about but hear they got some size

3 Greenback they'll play with a lot of heart this year

4 Rockwood could use some size this year

5 Knox Christian new coach?

6 Midway needs alot of help

7 T.S.D dont kno anything about them

From the little I saw of Rockwood over the summer they are huge this year. Even most of their wings are 6'0 plus. Harriman lost most of its size and will be a guard laden team. They will have to be scrappy to guard the good post players around the region. I don't know about third, but I do agree with you about Greenback, they always play hard and will have a good year.

• 3 weeks later...

What is everyone's take on Region 2 A and how it will play out?

District 3A

1. Grace Christian - Clear #1 who returns all starters from last year's team that made it to the region semi-final. Hopefully they will play a more competitive schedule than last year.

2. Rockwood - They did lose a few players, but Coach K always has his team ready.

3. Harriman - Lose 4 starters, but will reload with talented young players.

4. Greenback - Should return most of last year's team and have another year under the Coach Mac system.

5. Knox Christian - Not sure about returning players, but they could be higher.

6. Berean CHristian - A new team to the district who returns all but one from a team that beat OS and Loudon last year.

7. Midway- Probably won't have the horses to keep up with most teams this year.

8. TSD - Don't know much about them so they could better than the bottom team.

To me, #1 is solid with teams 2-6 being more flexable as 2 and 3 could challenge with 4-6 being sleepers.

District 4A

1. Oliver Springs - Loses a few from a year ago but does return their leading scorer and a couple others ready to make a name for themselves.

2. Sunbright - Didn't lose much and should have a team ready to compete for the top spot.

3. Oneida - Did lose 4 seniors, but return a handful of players who saw plenty of action last year.

4. Wartburg - Hurt most with graduation, losing about 7 seniors. Returns 1 starter and little experience.

5. Oakdale - Return most of last years team, but need to find better post game and consistant perimeter game to climb.

6. Coalfield - Like Wartburg, lost almost all of experience due to graduation. Will rebuild with young team and new coach.

I give the slight edge at 1 to OS, with Sunbright and Oneida to challenge. 4 and 5 are sleepers this year.

OVERALL IN THE REGION

1. Grace

2. OS

Others to compete: Oneida, Sunbright, Rockwood, Harriman

I think grace will definately take this region and go on to state and if there players play up to their potential could do some real damage. With Pridemore and Slusher both back who both avgd over 18 a game last year as soph. look for them to make some noise, and to everyone who says that grace has been recruiting a little info for you, all the new kids this year either didnt play sports and there other schools and two of them decided not to play last year and play football so dont say things before you know the facts about what your talkin about.