7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

PHargis no report from the game tonight? i have heard a report but my source isnt very reliable i heard that both of our coaches was very unhappy burks(boys coach got a T) and burt(girls coach probably could have gotten one)was this both sides or was it a typical game....it sounded liek it was well fought game with both sides playing hard

I'm not as eloquent as PHargis but I will try & tell you. Siegel came out hustling hard. Faulkner & Cason are dynamic. Drive & kick was working well. Riverdale for a while was popping threes from all over the place. It was a hard fought game. The refs were ok, called alot of charges. Riverdale's Burgess & 55? can't remember her name are also a great combo. I had read about them, and saw what folks were talking about. Burgess has a beautiful shot. There were several lead changes @ the end. Siegel seemed to have the lead for good until Cason went out with cramps. The Riverdale went back up. Cason came back in & it went back & forth with Cason putting up the game winner fading jumpshot off the backboard with about 8 seconds left. Riverdale missed 2 shots @ the end to win the game. Great game, great atmosphere. It was also on the radio, goinsidesports.com I think.

By the way great meeting you PHargis.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PHargis no report from the game tonight? i have heard a report but my source isnt very reliable i heard that both of our coaches was very unhappy burks(boys coach got a T) and burt(girls coach probably could have gotten one)was this both sides or was it a typical game....it sounded liek it was well fought game with both sides playing hard

RDMan. its obvious that this was one of the hardest fought games of the year for both teams. Sure Coach Burt was upset because of some calls against his team but when the referees cal the game a certain way, a team must change their way of playing. That is the way it is. Last night, this was a typical 7AAA rivalry game with what this poster thinks might have been the best defensive effort for both teams for the year. So as objective as this poster can be under the circumstances, the officials knew this was a high profile games with a lot at state and let the teams play and it was a fine defensive matchup. Riverdale tried to win it from outside, did hit a number of threes but missed some also. They lost the game from the foul line, it was very obvious. They did not make a good percentage at all. they had the chance to put it away there, most of the night. They did make some turnovers at times that I would wager they have not made all year. Siegel scored at the right times and was able to counter what Riverdale had done most of the time, Siegel made their foul shots. That was the game with Riverdale having a chance to win at the end and they couldn't put it down. So what else was different. Understand this, this was a Battle of the Boro. Besides that, Riverdale was trying to put the District away with the win and Siegel knew that and fought back the only way they knew how. Faulkner made some very big shots in the first half and the game and a Freshman, Cason, beat the riverdale point at the last for a big shot. Siegels post was a thorn in Riverdales side all night and Riverdales post, as it has done the past number of games, could not adjust and tried to get it in foul trouble and was unable to do it and fouled out early..

After all, the past four years, Siegel has beaten Riverdale 3 out of 4 times at Siegel but Riverdale has beaten Siegel every time at Riverdale. For those who have not been to one of these games, the Coaching matchup between Bush and Burt is one that anyone who is trying to learn coaching tatics should go and watch. It has been that way every year. Riverdale man, this was a long way of answering your question. THIS was a typical RD/Siegel event with all of the class possible from the pregame band, to one of the most stirring performances of the Siegel Stars Vocal

Corrale to the very fine game and a very good performance by the Siegel Dance team and not only that the performance by these two coaches was worth the price of admission. I hope you were there but you have another chance when these two schools play again a little later. This win salvaged a District win for Siegel and the loss will make a better team and play for the fine Riverdale squad, still the reining AAA champion of last year. Nothing has changed.

He played every guard he had?who are the good shooters?my opinion is they have cash roberts sims and daniels and they can at times get hot but the problem is inconsistency never no which one will be on they all shot and played last night so lets face it maybe we are not quite as good as you guys think.Is it coaching heck no seriously he has gave every girl that could possibly help us a chance its time they stepped it up!!!!Parents if your on here encourage your kids dont be part of the problem.

LOL /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

He played every guard he had?who are the good shooters?my opinion is they have cash roberts sims and daniels and they can at times get hot but the problem is inconsistency never no which one will be on they all shot and played last night so lets face it maybe we are not quite as good as you guys think.Is it coaching heck no seriously he has gave every girl that could possibly help us a chance its time they stepped it up!!!!Parents if your on here encourage your kids dont be part of the problem.

Im not a parent, good thing too. I probably be alot worse about this than I am right now. Read the names you put up there. Whos name is missing and whos name is up there that should be missing? And the other ones they didn't get time to shoot. Well 2 of them didn't.We're not good at all. We be lucky to get to the region.Giving a girl a chance?Jessica Wilson played great last night and so did Whitney Randolph, well when she was in there.I been watchin the county play for over 20 years and Im tired of watching the same stuff.

Im going to slow down on what I say. Maybe you guys are right. Friday should be a good game. It will be a tough one. We need to win this one bad.We need some district wins. We don't need to face riverdale or cookeville in the first game in the tournament.We still can improve to increase our chances to get to the region. Good Luck girls and coaching staff.

Page sorry was in a hurry!!!!If you have been watching 20 years you have seen alot of good basketball and if your a true fan you would never get tired of wc basketball!!!!

I dont think Mr. walton is tired of wc basketball, he is tired of the girls not getting put in position to win games.

Elaborate on this oh wise one and welcome to coach t!!!!Not put in posistion lol its called making a shot in the clutch and someone besides cash and delaney pulling an offensive rebound every once in awhile we are in basically every game just dont have a pure scorer that can take over in the clutch,the girls are fine its you haters bringing negative vibes.I PROMISE YA THIS MAN OR WOMAN UP AND GO TALK TO COACH,BUT DONT HUMILIATE OUR PROGRAMS BY BASHING COACHES ON A MESSAGE BOARD.

Thats a good idea.

Get more points than siegel lol seriously play hard like we always do and hopefully knock down a few shots in the 4th.I dont think we are far from where we need to be and the girls play hard just gotta learn to win.

LOL. we just have to continue to play hard. Your right. Surely we can start getting wins.It just seems like we are missing something. You know. Can't figure it out yet

Thats a good idea.

Sounds to me like you guys are bashing the players. And I am pretty sure that cash is a pure scorer. Sparta boy is saying all that about our girls, and then turning around and telling me not to humiliate our program by bashing the coaches. Ive heard that the coaches may be humiliating some of the players!!!! The players are the ones that I care about, theyre the ones that have something riding on all this. I know which girls are working the hardest in the off season, as well as the regular season, and I just hope that those girls are getting a fair chance.