Macon @ Sycamore

SHS War Eagle 85

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Macon Co. still has SLIM HOPES at making the playoffs. They have to win their final three games at Sycamore, vs Greenbrier, & at DeKalb Co. If they are able to do this then they are playoff bound. The only way this would be untrue would be if Greenbrier beats BOTH Pearl Cohn & White House. If the Bobcats are able to accomplish this feat then they'd have four region wins and the most Macon could wind up with is three.

Despite what people may believe Sycamore is still not entirely mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

Here's their only scenario to get in

Sycamore has to win their final three games against Macon Co., DeKalb Co., & even the non-region game against Harpeth.

Greenbrier has to lose their final three games at Pearl Cohn, at Macon Co., & against White House.

Macon Co. has to lose this week at Sycamore and then turn around and beat Greenbrier & DeKalb Co. to end the season.

In reality that all sounds unlikely HOWEVER it is true that the only case in all of those games in which Sycamore would need for an underdog to beat a favorite would come next week when Greenbrier visits Macon Co.

If this all happens then we'd have a three-way tiebreaker in Region 4-3A for the final playoff spot.

Sycamore: 6-4 (2-4)

Macon Co.: 3-7 (2-4)

Greenbrier: 5-5 (2-4)

Sycamore would be the team that gets in by virtue of the fact that they'd be the team that lost the least amount of non-region games this season (0). Greenbrier lost a non-region game to David Lipscomb in week one. Macon Co. has lost non-region games to Trousdale Co., Westmoreland (OT), & Smith Co. thus far on the season.

Macon Co. would then finish at #5 because they would own the head-to-head victory over Greenbrier.

Greenbrier would finish sixth in this region with an overall record of 5-5. Go Figure /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Whoever wants this the most to continue will be the winner. I am not making no predictions I am clueless at this point now. I think these boys have lots of stress as well do the coaches now and this makes it hard for anyone. I hope these boys will somehow find something in themselves and do their best to come out on top. Sorry guys I don't mean to be negative by no means but you boys gotta do something or it is going to be over with. No regrets so you do what you have to and don't worry about all this bull mess going on. Block it out and get out there and play some ball.

Both teams are struggling for their wins this year. But, unlike many years in the past, Macon Co. finishes the game strong, win or lose. Sycamore had better be ready for 4 quarters of football. I have no doubt they will. This one should be more evenly matched and fun to watch. Good luck Tigers.

BC, anybody ever tell you that you think to much. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I read all that and couldn't remember it when I got through.

Both teams are struggling for their wins this year. But, unlike many years in the past, Macon Co. finishes the game strong, win or lose. Sycamore had better be ready for 4 quarters of football. I have no doubt they will. This one should be more evenly matched and fun to watch. Good luck Tigers.

BC, anybody ever tell you that you think to much. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I read all that and couldn't remember it when I got through.

Even I couldn't remember it. I had to write it down first /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The War Eagles are looking forward to this match up on Friday Night. Welcome to all the Macon County Fans and have a safe trip to Pleasant View. I believe our young men will provide an enjoyable evening of football and as always, prayers for a safe game on both sides of the ball.

War Eagles, play with heart and give it your all! Go War Eagles!!

GO MACON CO

That's an opinion and at least it was a post that wasn't titled "who wins" or something along those lines /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The loser of this one is done as far as the playoffs are concerned. Macon Co. is the team of the two that controls it's own destiny from here on in. Sycamore needs to win this week and they need for Pearl Cohn to beat Greenbrier to stay in the race. TAKE IT ONE WEEK AT A TIME!!!! That's what both teams should be going by at this point.

This has been the game to decide the #4 seed from Region 4-3A over the last two years. It still could do so this season as well though the picture is not nearly as clear for both teams this year as it has been in years gone by.

Whoever wants this the most to continue will be the winner. I am not making no predictions I am clueless at this point now. I think these boys have lots of stress as well do the coaches now and this makes it hard for anyone. I hope these boys will somehow find something in themselves and do their best to come out on top. Sorry guys I don't mean to be negative by no means but you boys gotta do something or it is going to be over with. No regrets so you do what you have to and don't worry about all this bull mess going on. Block it out and get out there and play some ball.

I agree with you that they need to forget about the mess and go with the game. However, I have read some other post and unlike other fans, my heart is with the boys. There are several real good football players on this team and that are getting the short end of the stick. They don't call the plays and no offense you can't win a game playing the same plays over and over again. I mean duh the opposing team watches film just as we do they know whats coming.

I agree with you that they need to forget about the mess and go with the game. However, I have read some other post and unlike other fans, my heart is with the boys. There are several real good football players on this team and that are getting the short end of the stick. They don't call the plays and no offense you can't win a game playing the same plays over and over again. I mean duh the opposing team watches film just as we do they know whats coming.

very good post mchs fan! Are you showing up for the game tonight?? GO BLUE and HIT SOMEBODY!!!

TIGER NATION 07