District 11A...Can two teams make it to state this year?

thenomad

always_a_dawg. we'll apparently you are bias to the dawgs of columbia academy because of your name but i just have one question about columbia academy...How can they compete without a dominant post player? CA is not known for it's big guys and i forgot their center's name but by what i have heard, he can be pushed around real easy and can't really finish his lay ups. Will he be able to compete with the other big man of the district? I think not. Preston from Mt. P will dominate when ever they play each other. But enough about that... I agree with your prediction that cully will win the district but maybe not hands down. Moore County will give them quite a good run and there should be some surprises along the road to state. This district will be very entertaining to watch. Good luck to all teams!

Although i am just an old man watching high school basketball heres wht i got......First off i dont think tht a 6 ft 150 lb player will be able to compete with flying colors at the post position...and i think CA is well aware tht they dont have a GIANT post player and thts why shooting takes a key role in their success and thts exactly wht they do....every single starter that they have (including their post) can step out and hit alot of shots...also every single player on their team is quick and tht makes them able to run the floor and penetrate the defense with ease....and about the missed layups from their post i believe that it is the beginning of the season and little things like that wont be a prob for him ne more....lastly when they play Mt. P i dont think preston will be able to keep up with the pace of their post player...preston is big and slow and CAs post player will run him up and down the floor all day...Well thts all i got right now but good luck to CA in the next 2 years and good luck to every team...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although i am just an old man watching high school basketball heres wht i got......First off i dont think tht a 6 ft 150 lb player will be able to compete with flying colors at the post position...and i think CA is well aware tht they dont have a GIANT post player and thts why shooting takes a key role in their success and thts exactly wht they do....every single starter that they have (including their post) can step out and hit alot of shots...also every single player on their team is quick and tht makes them able to run the floor and penetrate the defense with ease....and about the missed layups from their post i believe that it is the beginning of the season and little things like that wont be a prob for him ne more....lastly when they play Mt. P i dont think preston will be able to keep up with the pace of their post player...preston is big and slow and CAs post player will run him up and down the floor all day...Well thts all i got right now but good luck to CA in the next 2 years and good luck to every team...

Hey OLD MAN!!!! First off, for being an old man you talk pretty hip. But I see what you are saying not expecting much from him because have you seen at him? He looks like a little kid out there on the court ( well so does CA's whole team except for #20)!! I don't think that their post can step out and make shots if he can't even make a lay up at the start of the season. I just am going to say that i think their post player should probably practice more on his whole game. And why would you want a fast post? Aren't they there to be able to grab rebounds and make the tough points down in the paint? And he might want to get physical down there if their team is going to be throwing up shots from everywhere. And Preston is NOT SLOW, have you seen him out there on the football field? He will probably be able to run circles around CA's post player. Yea, CA will need all the luck you as an old man can give them with that kind of post player. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey OLD MAN!!!! First off, for being an old man you talk pretty hip. But I see what you are saying not expecting much from him because have you seen at him? He looks like a little kid out there on the court ( well so does CA's whole team except for #20)!! I don't think that their post can step out and make shots if he can't even make a lay up at the start of the season. I just am going to say that i think their post player should probably practice more on his whole game. And why would you want a fast post? Aren't they there to be able to grab rebounds and make the tough points down in the paint? And he might want to get physical down there if their team is going to be throwing up shots from everywhere. And Preston is NOT SLOW, have you seen him out there on the football field? He will probably be able to run circles around CA's post player. Yea, CA will need all the luck you as an old man can give them with that kind of post player. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

im not like 80 so i still got some "hip" in these bones...but yea their whole team is pretty young....no seniors, all 16 year old and younger.... tht does make a difference....but if he isnt big and bulky he will have to use his speed in order to become a contributor also if u look at their bench you can see tht there really isnt ne other choices for the post position....and he CAN make a lay up...your just exagerating the situation...just because he missed a few at the first game doesnt mean tht hes horrible and cant make ne thing it just means tht it wasnt his night...so i believe he will continue to improve and become better this season and even better the next season...and ok i havent seen preston since this last summer and if hes gotten faster than good for him but if not...idk...maybe CA should start recruiting big players like Culleoka does... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

im not like 80 so i still got some "hip" in these bones...but yea their whole team is pretty young....no seniors, all 16 year old and younger.... tht does make a difference....but if he isnt big and bulky he will have to use his speed in order to become a contributor also if u look at their bench you can see tht there really isnt ne other choices for the post position....and he CAN make a lay up...your just exagerating the situation...just because he missed a few at the first game doesnt mean tht hes horrible and cant make ne thing it just means tht it wasnt his night...so i believe he will continue to improve and become better this season and even better the next season...and ok i havent seen preston since this last summer and if hes gotten faster than good for him but if not...idk...maybe CA should start recruiting big players like Culleoka does... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I truthfully think you are prob just a teenager trying to act like an old man so people will take you seriously. But you really have strong feelings for their post player so maybe if you are an old guy then you are his dad so i won't hurt your feelings too bad. Wow, i didn't know their team was that young. They really have some potential for when that williams kid is a senior then. maybe then they will have a young guy that will be able to play a post position or maybe get a transfer to fill the big hole that they have in their team right now(only really weak position on the court). But i heard that they actually have some good post players on the bench. I heard they have a set of twins that are both about 6'5 and could possibly be able to shut down the twins from cully(Antwan and Shawne Beach), so i don't see why they sit the bench while #35 plays. Maybe the Coach just looks at age instead of real talent. And i sure hope he improves(can't get much worse /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) or what was said earlier about ca going 0-12 just might come true. I hope not because their Coach deserves much better than that. Maybe one day he will have the same amount of talent that he had back in the day when they were actually good. And also, what proof do you have that Cully recruits?

I saw that Preston Kid from mount pleasant when they played CA in football, and he made fool's of the tackles, and there faster and bigger than CA's Post, Idk how he will handle him, since he is like 150 pounds. But good luck with that i wish he the best of luck (he'll Need it)

well i dont know about you but i dont think it takes much to make fools of ca's tackles, and i highly doubt he is ffaster than the cross country/track star that ca has at the post position

I truthfully think you are prob just a teenager trying to act like an old man so people will take you seriously. But you really have strong feelings for their post player so maybe if you are an old guy then you are his dad so i won't hurt your feelings too bad. Wow, i didn't know their team was that young. They really have some potential for when that williams kid is a senior then. maybe then they will have a young guy that will be able to play a post position or maybe get a transfer to fill the big hole that they have in their team right now(only really weak position on the court). But i heard that they actually have some good post players on the bench. I heard they have a set of twins that are both about 6'5 and could possibly be able to shut down the twins from cully(Antwan and Shawne Beach), so i don't see why they sit the bench while #35 plays. Maybe the Coach just looks at age instead of real talent. And i sure hope he improves(can't get much worse /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) or what was said earlier about ca going 0-12 just might come true. I hope not because their Coach deserves much better than that. Maybe one day he will have the same amount of talent that he had back in the day when they were actually good. And also, what proof do you have that Cully recruits?

actually i just have strong roots in CA...i had 2 sons go there a while back...so thats why im supporting them...so i guess thats why im backing him up but yea i see wht your sayin...maybe coach should slam 35 on the bench in order to maybe show him that hes not that good and if he wants to be on the court he needs to improve...but im not gonna lie he is just about the worst post player that CA has had (in my years that i have been watchin them)...and im sure their coach wishes that their past star post, Price Robinson, would just magically reappear and so he could be strong in every position....but we all know that it wont happen...so i guess its up to their coach now to decide whether they should lose with #35 or start building their future program with those "6'5" twins....either way its gonna be a rough ride for CAs team...and about cully recruiting i was just speculating for fun...no harm meant just pullin your leg..

Look seriously guys we need to tone it down a little on bashing on kids, there 16-17 years old. Just because there post isnt very good, and misses layups( as you say) doesnt mean you should bash him, its highschool. I mean seriosly just because there is a couple of freshmen that are better than him there is no reason to bash him. About CA's season, I think they have a chance at doing well, They may be rother weak at the post position, but i hear they have some real talent around the outside, A real suprise to me is that number 20 kid yall speak of, he's the real deal, is he a freshman? or where was he at last year?

Look seriously guys we need to tone it down a little on bashing on kids, there 16-17 years old. Just because there post isnt very good, and misses layups( as you say) doesnt mean you should bash him, its highschool. I mean seriosly just because there is a couple of freshmen that are better than him there is no reason to bash him. About CA's season, I think they have a chance at doing well, They may be rother weak at the post position, but i hear they have some real talent around the outside, A real suprise to me is that number 20 kid yall speak of, he's the real deal, is he a freshman? or where was he at last year?

I dont know if yall watch the same game but im pretty sure Number 35 is way better than the "6'5 twins", i think their coahc definately knows what he is doeing by playin a really good 4 man as a junior at the 5 instead of two not that fast or strong 6'5 posts which would take them out of there run and gun strategy