Fulton vs. AE

footballspeed9

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If AE finsihes 3rd in the Region and Fulton finishes 2nd, I'm not sure they will meet in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Wasn't it the same scenario last year? I would think that Fulton will play a weak team the 1st round and more than likely play the Region 1-3A champ the 2nd round, who will likely be Carter again. I know we finished 2nd last year and started off with Claiborne and then had Carter on the road in round 2. AE played Catholic in the 2nd round. Did AE finish 3rd or 4th last year? Anyways, I know if Fulton finishes 2nd, then they will play the Region 1 champ in the 2nd round like last year. I could be wrong.

I'm not sure I agree with AE''s mistakes cost them the game. If Fulton doesn't give up 15 points on Special Teams to AE, then that game is not even close. Fulton's mistakes kept the Roadrunners in the game.

Ok Road2Three let's get something straight, Fulton would've played I think it was Kingston in the 2nd round last year but Carter beat them in the 1st round last year. AE finished 4th in the region last year, therefore they had to face Catholic in the 2nd round.

Now if AE wins this coming Friday, this will be the final 4 spots for the playoffs.. 1. Catholic 2. Fulton 3. AE 4. Kingston With that said, #2 and #3 will meet in the 2nd round if both teams win in the 1st round...Hey I worked on this last week so I know

If I'm not mistaking, Fulton didn't score to many points on Offense either. It was a special team battle last Friday. Without the special team scores, it would've been Fulton 18(missing all 3 2pt conversions)- AE 8. Lets not get on here and say AE couldn't move the ball because they did. Like I said in my last post, in my opinion, both teams looked EVENLY matched. They will see each other in the 2nd round at Bob Black Field and AE will prevail. Mark it down TURTLE said it. LOL

Now to the Parking, AE always charge for parking if you're parking behind the school that's why you should always park on Wilson or at Claude Walker field for FREE. That's not something you should've brought up. I've been to many schools where I had to pay to park. I mean a lot of schools charge, Fulton is just one of the ones who don't charge.

Good Luck see yall in 3 weeks GO AE!!

Ok Road2Three let's get something straight, Fulton would've played I think it was Kingston in the 2nd round last year but Carter beat them in the 1st round last year. AE finished 4th in the region last year, therefore they had to face Catholic in the 2nd round.

Now if AE wins this coming Friday, this will be the final 4 spots for the playoffs.. 1. Catholic 2. Fulton 3. AE 4. Kingston With that said, #2 and #3 will meet in the 2nd round if both teams win in the 1st round...Hey I worked on this last week so I know

If I'm not mistaking, Fulton didn't score to many points on Offense either. It was a special team battle last Friday. Without the special team scores, it would've been Fulton 18(missing all 3 2pt conversions)- AE 8. Lets not get on here and say AE couldn't move the ball because they did. Like I said in my last post, in my opinion, both teams looked EVENLY matched. They will see each other in the 2nd round at Bob Black Field and AE will prevail. Mark it down TURTLE said it. LOL

Now to the Parking, AE always charge for parking if you're parking behind the school that's why you should always park on Wilson or at Claude Walker field for FREE. That's not something you should've brought up. I've been to many schools where I had to pay to park. I mean a lot of schools charge, Fulton is just one of the ones who don't charge.

Good Luck see yall in 3 weeks GO AE!!

Sorry Turtle but you are wrong .... AE finished 3rd in region last year ... the REGION2 1st and 3rd place teams are in one side of bracket and REGION 2's 2nd and 4th are in the other and visa versa for REGION 1 teams ... Ruse was correct ... 1st round Carter / AC and Fulton / Rutledge winner plays each other .. the other side Catholic / Gibbs and AE / Seymour and winners play each other .... I studied on it !!!! If you dont believe me look at the bracket on TSSAA website ... www.tssaa.org .... both game will be tough .... Fulton / AC will be close this time I think .. and Catholic / AE might also .... the only place I have paid to park was at Catholic in playoff game a couple years ago .... never heard of charging for parking during regular season .....

Sorry Turtle but you are wrong .... AE finished 3rd in region last year ... the REGION2 1st and 3rd place teams are in one side of bracket and REGION 2's 2nd and 4th are in the other and visa versa for REGION 1 teams ... Ruse was correct ... 1st round Carter / AC and Fulton / Rutledge winner plays each other .. the other side Catholic / Gibbs and AE / Seymour and winners play each other .... I studied on it !!!! If you dont believe me look at the bracket on TSSAA website ... www.tssaa.org .... both game will be tough .... Fulton / AC will be close this time I think .. and Catholic / AE might also .... the only place I have paid to park was at Catholic in playoff game a couple years ago .... never heard of charging for parking during regular season .....

Just wondering, Is it legal to make you pay to park at a public school? I understand having to pay at catholic since it is private, but my tax dollars go into the funding of the school system. So, why should I have to pay again for something I've already payed for to begin with? Also, what can happen if I refuse to pay, but park there anyway?

Turtle ... I just read on the TSSAA website that if AE losses and AC wins that AE is out and Kingston is in playoffs ....

Nothing needed to be straightened out. As the following posts have indicated, Fulton will play the winner of whoever Carter plays in round one, which will be Anderson Co. or Kingston. Finishing 2nd in Region 2-3A is always more beneficial in my opinion in the playoffs than winning the region. AE finishing 3rd, like last year, will play Catholic on the road in round 2, like last year. I know Catholic won the region last year as well, but I was actually glad, seeing as though we got to play at Carter in round 2 (They beat Kingston) while Catholic had to play a dangerous AE team, who almost beat the Irish. Either way, Fulton will be better off facing AC/Kingston/Carter than a better AE squad, who Catholic will again have to face in round 2. Where the region champion benefits is in round 3 with home field advantage, but that never really matters, seeing how all 3 years we won State, the quarterfinal victory came on the road at AE and Catholic.

As for the game, Fulton did give AE their first 2 scores, and yes, they were on Special Teams mistakes. Fulton scoring on a kickoff return is not the same as Humphrey fumbling a ball in his own endzone, giving the Roadrunners a touchdown, and T. Cobb touching a ball inside the 5 yard line and AE recovering, which allowed the Roadrunners to score another TD when it should have been Fulton's ball. A kickoff return for a TD is a combo of some poor coverage on AE's part, good blocking by Fulton's return team, and great vision by Vic Smith. Not the same as handing AE two scores and not making them work for it, which Fulton clearly did. About AE moving the ball, with the exception of that 1 long pass Montgomery had, their offense failed to really threaten to score. The best they moved the ball all night was at the end when Fulton was playing the prevent defense up two scores. Had it not been for two special teams bloopers on Fulton's part, AE scores 7. Go ahead and take away Vic's return, it's still at least 26-7, a three score game.