GO CHOCTAWS

10sdad

I would like to thank both teams for a GREAT GAME!!!!! And to the student sec. thanks for letting an old man set and get wild with you. I had a BLAST last night and can not talk today. Lets keep it up all the way to state DC ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!! trojanfan56 are you still on here?? Have not seen a post from you!!! Do you have to much CROW to eat!!! Both teams played great last night just the BETTER TEAM WON!!!!!! GO CHOCTAWS I can not wait till Friday night....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to thank both teams for a GREAT GAME!!!!! And to the student sec. thanks for letting an old man set and get wild with you. I had a BLAST last night and can not talk today. Lets keep it up all the way to state DC ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!! trojanfan56 are you still on here?? Have not seen a post from you!!! Do you have to much CROW to eat!!! Both teams played great last night just the BETTER TEAM WON!!!!!! GO CHOCTAWS I can not wait till Friday night....

Congrats to the Choctaws great win Friday night to secure the Region 7-3AAA Title. Your son played "lights out" caught the Trojans completely by surprize with his speed and nifty moves. He certainly would be the player of the game,but I realize its a TOTAL TEAM EFFORT the CHOCTAWS want to Explemifly in their ONE GAME AT A TIME ATTITUDE WITH CONTRIBUTIONS FROM ALL EXPECTED. Trojanfan56 has been kicked off the boards on CoachT from his comments he made during the DHS DC thread that is closed now. If you check it out you can see for yourself. look for him under another name should he desire to join again.Yall have much to be Proud of from your young men, I know its something new to you but the road gets Tougher Each Week Now On Out, however if the CHOCTAWS PLAY, STAY FOCUED AS THEY HAVE THE PAST SEVERAL WEEKS YOU"LL GO A LONG WAY IN THE PLAYOFFS. One can not know this feeling of moving forward each week till youve experienced it.Each one of the DC Players Fans Supporters Dont Get Too High on the Hype OF State talk Too Early or It Will End Abruptly ! YALL MUST FOCUS, FOCUS, EXECUTE, EXECUTE ,ONE GAME AT A TIME ATTITUDE . YALL MUST TELL YOUR YOUNG MEN NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE ANYONE. THE CAVS AND MEMHPIS TEAMS WILL TEST YOU , ALSO HAYWOOD IS STILL IN THIS !! Yall made a Believer outta me among many others. I have been a Choctaw supporter tho I played at DHS ,All my children,grands are DC grads with three More to go so i know what "DC PRIDE" IS ALL ABOUT= KINDA CURLS YOUR BLOOD DOESNT IT!!! THE TROJANS WILL RIGHT THE SHIP (THEY ARE NOT QUITTERS ! ) THEY HAVE BEEN THRU THIS BEFORE AND CAME BACK STRONGER THAN EVER AS DID YALL EARLY IN THE SEASON ! GOOD LUCK TO THE CHOCTAWS DURING THE PLAYOFFS. >> ONE GAME AT A TIME , HOPEFULLY WE"LL MEET AGAIN WEEK 3 OF THE PLAYOFFS AT YOUR HOUSE . GO TROJANS!! GO CHOCTAWS !!

I feel both the emotion in one post & see the logic in the other. This battle is far from over. The "Game for The Ages" is now behind us. I would like to paint a scenario for you Choctaw players. The last time that I was a part of a situation like this was in 1973 & 1974. This is how important FOCUS is ! In 1973, we waltzed into week 8 facing an undefeated & unscored on Obion County team. The badgering & trash talk was just as intense as it was last week for you guys vs the Trojans. I received letters & the trash talk among fans (though not as close to home as Dyersburg) was just as tasteless & unsportsmanlike. Long story short on this part of the story, we (like you guys vs the Trojans) prevailed. Gotta brag a little here !LOL ! We hung 36 points on a previously unscored on team ! On to week 9 well another victory says enough ! BUT week 10 ......... we faced I beleive 0 -8 or maybe 1 -7 Peabody.... regardless a team tha we should have beaten handily. It was an ALL OUT WAR ! They had pride & everything else to gain & NOTHING TO LOSE ! Result ? They ruined our "Perfect Season" 29-21. You see a tough fought game with a lot of emotion a couple weeks earlier had us beleiving that we all wore an "S" on our chest ! The next week we got it done , but Peabody "STOLE OUR THUNDER" !

CHOCTAWS, listen what I'm trying to get across to you is this. We let a seemingly weak team "STEAL OUR THUNDER". This coming Friday, you face a well coached team that has improved EVERY WEEK ! So if a team that was 0-9 0r 1- 8 can do it to a team that EVENTUALLY WON A STSTE CHAMPIONSHIP ! My advice to you is to approach this week as you did Dyersburg last week. I don't expect much smash mouth from the Cavaliers. 1) They are coming to OUR house 2) I don't think coach Pratt will let that go on and 3) they are concentrating on COMING INTO YOUR HOUSE and doing EXACTLY WHAT THEY HAVE DONE EVERY YEAR IN THE RECENT PAST !

So take it from an OLD CHOCTAW and FOCUS ........ PREPARE ........... HOLD EACH OTHER ACCOUNTABLE ... HEY IF YOU SEE A TEAM MATE SLACKING .... GET IN HIS FACE .......... I DON'T CARE WHO IT IS ! YOU GUYS HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS ! HOWEVER YOU MUST KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE ! Your fellow students will likely give you a "HERO"S WELCOME" on Monday ! Listen to me & listen good ! Acknowledge it .... thank tham for their support ... BUT ......TELL THEM IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS THAT IF THEY WANT TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT FOOTBALL........ MAKE IT ABOUT THE CAVALIERS ! DO NOT REST ON A HUGE VICTORY AT THE EXPENSE OF BEING ANY LESS THAN YOU CAN ! DON'T REACH FOR YOU POTENTIAL, PUSH YOURSELVES FURTHER ! You now HAVE RESPECT ! IT IS NOW YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP IT ! GO CHOCTAWS !!!!! PREPARE FOR A WAR ..... 'CAUSE KNOW THIS.............. CROCKETT COUNTY WILL BRING ONE TO YOUR HOUSE !

I know that mattfromdburg kid said that i was throwing trash in their parking lot. I might have been out there tailgating, BUT the trash was already out there when i came out of the bathroom. I was one of the last people out of J.C. Sawyers stadium. But it doesn't matter it's over and done with.

Over & done with is right 08 ! Glad to have found out who you were Friday night ! Hey ! do what you can to help put the "Big One" as just another one in the WIN COLUMN & try to get your buddies to keep them Choctaws focused on Crockett ! See you Friday !

'73

Over & done with is right 08 ! Glad to have found out who you were Friday night ! Hey ! do what you can to help put the "Big One" as just another one in the WIN COLUMN & try to get your buddies to keep them Choctaws focused on Crockett ! See you Friday !

'73

No doubt. Us students and fans will help out. Oh and sorry for what i said to Smith. Just after all these years and hearing everyone down us. It was just another person proven wrong to me.

No doubt. Us students and fans will help out. Oh and sorry for what i said to Smith. Just after all these years and hearing everyone down us. It was just another person proven wrong to me.

Well, we've been down .......BUT NO MORE ! Just put the same enthusiasm into firing everybody up for CC that you did for the Trojans! Play down last Friday at every opportunity & FIRE 'EM UP FOR THE CAVS!

Well, we've been down .......BUT NO MORE ! Just put the same enthusiasm into firing everybody up for CC that you did for the Trojans! Play down last Friday at every opportunity & FIRE 'EM UP FOR THE CAVS!

I will tell you the Choctaws have very much to Look forward to in the Near Future. Your younger counterparts at Nothview Jr. High Went to Memphis Yesterday Coming away as TENNESSEE State Champs 24-8 . MY G-Son plays for the Mustangs and they are Very Good . All follow the Choctaws closely also running the no huddle "O" With a NASTY "D" DC HAS EXCELLED AT THIS YEAR . Thusly it appears the no huddle is the Style DC fans can expect for many years. Give "Em" a Shout Out" Tomorrow Choctaw Nation As You Have Been Their "HEROES" looking up to you as a Guide for Their Future at DC. Tho I played at DHS all my children,grands are DC grads with 3 more to go ,I Know All About "DC PRIDE" ! "KEEP FOCUSED" CHOCTAWS ONE GAME AT A TIME !! "CAVS THIS WEEK ONLY " !!! THEN WHOMEVER YOU FACE IN ROUND ONE OF THE PLAYOFFS WHICH HAS "NOTHING" TO DO WITH THIS WEEK !!!!! The Trojans Will Rebound !! LETS BE VERY PROUD OF OUR TWO DYER COUNTY TEAMS ! GO TROJANS !! GO CHOCTAWS !!!

i just reread mike smith's commentary in todays paper. he was fairly kind to DC , but at the end of the column he said " go ahead and get arrogant " about your win that you deserve to. while i feel it was meant as a compliment, it would be the worst thing for DC to do. you seem to have gotten to this point through hard work and the idea of you werent getting the respect you deserved. that respect will come your way now. dont let it go to your heads. the hard part is coming for you now. keeping the attitude that got you to this point. i know you can reach the higher goals you have set as a team if you just remember how you got where you are now. the people who put you down before the week have stopped their trash talking, but are still their waiting for you to fall. this win over d'burg will be called a fluke and no more than a wake up call for the mighty trojans if you dont keep your focus. i know the best team won friday night. its up to you to prove it again. a convincing win over crockett county would be a first step. i know you will do it. good luck and stay focused.

By all means CONGRATULATIONS to the MUSTANGS ! I know Coach Whittle personally & David if you see this I just want you KNOW HOW PROUD I AM FOR YOU & OF YOU ! Your Mustangs make things look BRIGHT for the Choctaws in years to come as well ! I've been away for a couple of months, but have been hearing about the MUSTANGS all the way to Wisconsin ! Send 'em CONGRATULATIONS from an old Choctaw for me ! Also tell 'em that if they continue to WORK & PLAY AS A T-E-A-M that Saturdays BIG WIN is just the "TIP OF THE ICEBURG" !

Steve