Slack VS Hudson

CatKiller

THE ONLY reason the Meigs pass was two yards short was because of THE CLOCK NOT WORKING PROPERLY! 52 seconds to go and Meigs is out of timeouts. The first play goes around the left end for 2 yards and does not get out of bounds. Instead of having to run to the line and get a play ran, Meigs gets a free timeout so the clock can be reset.(Wonder if that would have happened if Central had the ball?) Next play, pass over the middle for a first down. Clock stops to reset the chains, but wait the clock wont start so Meigs gets another free timeout. Next play, Rayl is sacked at midfield with 30 seconds left and NO TIMEOUTS but hold on instead of the clock running Meigs GETS ANOTHER FREE TIMEOUT to reset the clock thus setting up the final play. The final 52 seconds took 10 minutes to play and MEIGS WAS OUT OF TIMEOUTS! Yes Central was lucky because we had to beat Meigs and the clock. The sad part is I work with a Meigs parent and told him that morning we were down 7 points beore the game even starts because of HOMECOOKING and he AGREED! Everytime the clock messed up it went against Central and in favor of Meigs. A Central fan said it best walking out of Polk Friday night"This was a great game because it was straight up unlike the Meigs game" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

gotta say...it is hard to argue with that one! about the luck thing, Captain Obvious, don't you think you make your own breaks by being at the right place at the right time a preparing properley? i would say you make your own luck. haven't you ever heard the saying "it is amazing how lucky hard workers are?"

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta say...it is hard to argue with that one! about the luck thing, Captain Obvious, don't you think you make your own breaks by being at the right place at the right time a preparing properley? i would say you make your own luck. haven't you ever heard the saying "it is amazing how lucky hard workers are?"

No I havent heard that but what do you think I was talking about? A magic Baby Blue leprachaun showin up in Decatur and Benton? But thats not the only luck. Sometime the ball just bounces your way. And as far as arguin with 89charger, the clock operater was a Central graduate. Maybe you should be taking this up with him instead of me. I guess the whole worlds just out to get Central though.

No I havent heard that but what do you think I was talking about? A magic Baby Blue leprachaun showin up in Decatur and Benton? But thats not the only luck. Sometime the ball just bounces your way. And as far as arguin with 89charger, the clock operater was a Central graduate. Maybe you should be taking this up with him instead of me. I guess the whole worlds just out to get Central though.

yeah, i guess you could say that. and it only "bounces your way" when it is central...if meigs would have won it would have been because the were a good well coached team. right. doesn't matter if he was a central grad or not....the clock was unfairly used against MC....say it was "technical problems" or not, funny to me it only messed up when meigs was driving trying to win it in the last two min. guess they didn't have enough LUCK!!!!

Yeah, they do. Plus their coaches have done a much better job of scheming than Centrals has. Look at the teams Central has played that have a winning record and how many points they gave up to those teams. 35,35,41. Howard doesnt just out run teams, they out coach them too.

Well Captain, the same thing was said about Polk's and Meigs. The Chargers hung 42 and 41 respectively. Scored 28 in the second half against Polk. You also are implying that Coach Davis and Coach Martin were out coached by Tarver. Howard has a great team and a super running back in Hudson. Good coaching and good athletes make Howard a good team.

Central's coaching staff must scheme well enough to beat the mighty Tigers and Wildcats. I suppose the inability of Polk and Meigs to stop Central with less than 50 secs remaining is because they had a defensive scheme to stop the Chargers. Cpt. Obvious, be a little more objective in your comments about the Chargers

yeah, i guess you could say that. and it only "bounces your way" when it is central...if meigs would have won it would have been because the were a good well coached team. right. doesn't matter if he was a central grad or not....the clock was unfairly used against MC....say it was "technical problems" or not, funny to me it only messed up when meigs was driving trying to win it in the last two min. guess they didn't have enough LUCK!!!!

Im pretty sure I already said that every good team in a good game needs SOME luck to win so you can stop tryin to put words in my mouth. But I guess Central is the best football team ever so they dont need it. Right? Come on. I tried to think I might wish Central some good LUCK in the playoffs but who am I kiddin? They dont need it do they? Central sure coulda used some luck for ten straight years playin Meigs or in 7 of their games last year, or in that stretch of 20 some odd straight losses. But I guess were not supposed to talk bout that. Not this year. You heard it here first folks, this year Central plays real football and everybody else plays patty-cake. Nobody should even bother comin to a game since we know Central will win em all, even if all the breaks go against em.

There was a Central grad that was a line judge. You will have to give me a name or some proof on the clock operator. As far as you wishing Central luck it seems to me every post you have is negative toward Central. However being the good guy that Iam I will give you the benefit of the doubt and will thank you for the luck you have wished upon Central. Good luck to Meigs as well!!!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Im pretty sure I already said that every good team in a good game needs SOME luck to win so you can stop tryin to put words in my mouth. But I guess Central is the best football team ever so they dont need it. Right? Come on. I tried to think I might wish Central some good LUCK in the playoffs but who am I kiddin? They dont need it do they? Central sure coulda used some luck for ten straight years playin Meigs or in 7 of their games last year, or in that stretch of 20 some odd straight losses. But I guess were not supposed to talk bout that. Not this year. You heard it here first folks, this year Central plays real football and everybody else plays patty-cake. Nobody should even bother comin to a game since we know Central will win em all, even if all the breaks go against em.

no, you didn't. you said it requires LUCK, NOT SOME LUCK. you are putting TOO MUCH emphasis on LUCK. i agree the ball does have to bounce YOUR WAY A LITTLE. but you make your own breaks. you can talk about the past all you want...and you are right, central couldn't win a whole lot in recent past, but that didn't do anything for meigs or polk THIS YEAR did it? you are putting words into my mouth, man. i never said anything like other teams play patty cake. in fact i said meigs and polk both are good football teams. just get over your team's LOSS to central and just be happy for em that they are having a good year. maybe you'll ge LUCKY next year and your team can beat em.

"should have gotten beat".....you are wrong....we played well enough to win. so did polk. yeah polk helped us out a little, but we didn't twist their arm to do it....they made mistakes and we made them pay. CENTRAL IS THE BETTER TEAM...CENTRAL WON. i can't speak for volnation but i am not running my mouth...just talking about how i think we will beat howard...those athletes that you say are much better than polk's barely pulled out a win against em. fact is polk, central, howard, and meigs are very evenly matched. i like our chances against howard because that rust that held us back a little bit in the polk game will be gone and we will run the ball down howard's throat and take over the game...hudson can't score if he doesn't have the ball.....

If Central doesn't recover their own fumble, If we tackle #20 and not let him score (which was not on purpose as some have said), Hammonds doesn't mishit the pooch kick or he just kicks it deep we lose this game.

Your comment "we didn't twist their arm to do it" is right we never caused them to turn the ball over so you can't say we are better than Polk they just had some bad breaks and really beat themselves. I'm glad we won but lets keep it in perspective on how we did win and not go out and think we are the best team in 3A and are headed to Murfreesboro. Lets take one game at a time and stay focused and be humble about the breaks we were given to be in this position.

Lets see you were one of our fans saying we were going to kill Polk and guess what we should have gotten beat. We were extremely lucky to get the win. Now you running your mouth about us beating Howard and giving them even more incentive. They have alot better athletes than Polk and more than we have, so eventually you and some others are the one going to be eating some crow. Maybe one should close ones mouth and hide ignorance than to open it and prove it!!

For everyone reading this post....... I hope everyone knows that not everyone from Central is this way and he only represents the few not the majority.

Go Chargers!!!

I really don't believe "oldchargerfan" is really a Charger Fan?? just a little trash talk, man...get over yourself, good greif...and I think the "BETTER" team won re: the Central/Polk game....and by the way, idiot i'm not ignorant!! I represent myself and my alma mater very well I think!! My blood runs "BLUE" .... but it's obvious you are not True Blue.....................GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

i wonder if you would have brought up the lucky thing if polk or meigs would have won? you may be right...howard might have the edge here, but you also might be wrong...it doesn't matter what i focus on....i'm not out there playing...derrick will have them focused on whatever they need to be focused on to win the game...

I agree smokey....luck only gets ya so far....and I doubt luck got Central to their record as of now which is 8-1 if anyone doesn't know it....and as for Coach Derrick, man..I'm glad we have him, He has done a tremendous job, and probably should be coach of the year!!! and I sersiouly doubt he is focusing his game on one kid (hudson) and he is not focusing a win on just one of his kids....It has taken a "TEAM EFFORT" to get where they've gotten so far, I am very proud of them ALL!! If Central doesn't take home the win Friday Night, I'm as proud of them!!!! I say::::::::::::::GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!:::::::::::::::::::: /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I think he may be the only charger that knows how to handle winning like he's been there before.

Some of you need a new recreation!!! LOL

I have been there myself with a winning season at Central!! That's what makes it so grand this year to see my old school come out on top for a change....GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />