Predictions for district 6A

ukhoops

Which of these teams will be the favorite to win this district and what are the outlooks for these teams?

How does Whitwell look for the upcoming season and what about Lookout Valley this year?

CSAS (Chattanooga)

Lookout Valley (Chattanooga)

Richard Hardy (South Pittsburg)

Sale Creek

South Pittsburg

Whitwell

My thoughts:

CSAS- returns the core of its team, with clearly the best player in the district if not region this year Kayla Kelly...they have a new coach who i havent heard of, so that could be a question mark there.

SouthPitt/Whitwell- Both are well coached and South Pitt has the athletes to keep up with CSAS

Salecreek- had a good group of sophmores last year that should be even better this year

Richard Hardy/Lookout Valley- Not sure what they have i would excpect them to struggle

I think CSAS has won back to back titles and has only lost 1 district game in the two years...Should be an interesting season

My thoughts:

CSAS- returns the core of its team, with clearly the best player in the district if not region this year Kayla Kelly...they have a new coach who i havent heard of, so that could be a question mark there.

SouthPitt/Whitwell- Both are well coached and South Pitt has the athletes to keep up with CSAS

Salecreek- had a good group of sophmores last year that should be even better this year

Richard Hardy/Lookout Valley- Not sure what they have i would excpect them to struggle

I think CSAS has won back to back titles and has only lost 1 district game in the two years...Should be an interesting season

CSAS will be fine Coach Martin has been helping with the boys team for the last 5 years so I dont think coaching will be an issue

• 3 weeks later...

CSAS will be fine Coach Martin has been helping with the boys team for the last 5 years so I dont think coaching will be an issue

I think it will be between Whitwell and CSAS. Whitwell has four returning starters this year led by the District MVP Shea Thomas. Whitwell got beat by Cannon County by one and beat Huntland by around ten or so. Shea had like 32 against Huntland connecting on 5 threes. My guess is they will split the regular season games and meet again in the district championship game.

Whitwell and Grace played tonight, very entertaining game as both teams gave it all they had, each pressed a lot. Grace won 71-63, I think it was 61-60 with about three minutes left and Grace scored nearly all the points the rest of the way. Whitwell isn't a one-girl team, several players made some nice shots and others did the little things that don't make the standard box scores. Grace had a height advantage and executed better in the last few minutes. Whitwell was probably a bit more athletic overall especially the guards/wings, one of Grace's players might have been the best athlete on the floor though, she made some big plays on both ends. I could see them meeting up in a region final.

Any word on the CSAS team? I think they are back to back champs in the district, but there is alot of talk about how good whitwell is.

CSAS should be very good again this year...very athletic and quick. They didn't lose much if anyone from last years team. CSAS beat East Ridge handily. Should be a very entertaining year in the district.