Playoffs-Region 1 vs. Region 2

Tribefb

I'm going with a split,two games for each region next friday.That is a far cry from those that say region 2 will take all four games.I'm one of a several people that heard a region 2 game on the radio a few weeks back, a sweep was predicted by the region two team radio broardcaster.He said he would be ''Shocked'' if it didn't happen. I don't think TVA will have anything on him after next friday night.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with a split,two games for each region next friday.That is a far cry from those that say region 2 will take all four games.I'm one of a several people that heard a region 2 game on the radio a few weeks back, a sweep was predicted by the region two team radio broardcaster.He said he would be ''Shocked'' if it didn't happen. I don't think TVA will have anything on him after next friday night.

I'll go with recent history and say region 2 takes 3 of the 4 games. Of course, not knowing the exact match-ups hurts this sort of prognostication.

Bearden seems to be really flying under the radar and is not getting much respect, I have yet to see them play(that will change this friday) but its hard for me to believe that a team that's only lost to Farragut in OT is not worthy of at least some respect. I think DB is going to really shock its 1st opponent, I see no reason why there won`t be a 2-2 split.

I feel as though the 1 and 2 seeds from Region 2 are locks in the 1st round, whether it is WB and OR or WB and Farragut. The 3 team (OR or Farragut) at DB will be a good one. I would have to give Bearden the edge against Ooltewah right now. I am not sure what has happened to the Owls as of late, and Bearden is a fine team. I say Region 2 gets 2 wins if Farragut wins this Friday or

Region 2 gets 3 wins if OR wins this Friday.

I'm one of a several people that heard a region 2 game on the radio a few weeks back, a sweep was predicted by the region two team radio broardcaster.He said he would be ''Shocked'' if it didn't happen.

What game was being covered? What radio station? In what context was this said -- was it conversation between play-by-play and color announcers late in a non-competitive game or someone back at the studio looking to spice up the Scoreboard Show at night's end.

Personally, I think Bearden's got a good shot of getting past Ooltewah. If the Bulldogs can keep #36 Jacquez Smith (DE) off of Halliday he should be able to find open targets running through that young Ooltewah secondary. Bearden is solid and aggressive up front on defense -- certainly capable of forcing SO QB Brady Reed into a couple of ill-advised throws. Probably Bearden's biggest challenge is not allowing #5 Brian Marshall to get the corner on the toss sweep. In this matchup I like Ooltewah's athleticism and speed, but Bearden has a decided edge in experience at key positions.

It's win or go home. Which team's senior class would you rather have?

Playoff time is always a lot of fun.

For Ooletwah past history has shown the 4 seed from Region 2 is very capable of going on the road and getting a win. Ooltewah 2 years ago, WB last year. I think if a 4 seed is to win in class 5A it will be Ooltewah. I will go with Ooletwah in a minor (due to the seeding) upset in that game.

OR on the road at DB. IMO DB is the team the team in both regions that nobody wanted to play. I think they are playing better than anyone in Region 1 at this particular point. I know that I am very glad to be opposite of Farragut and DB, as those two will play each other in round 2, as DB will knock off OR at home, and then have the very very difficult task of going to Farragut.

Farragut will win over Jefferson County and WB will get a win in their first ever home playoff football game in round 1.

Round 2. DB on the road at Farragut, and WB at home vs. Ooltewah.

Just my opinion. Good luck to all the teams.

Playoff time is always a lot of fun.

For Ooletwah past history has shown the 4 seed from Region 2 is very capable of going on the road and getting a win. Ooltewah 2 years ago, WB last year. I think if a 4 seed is to win in class 5A it will be Ooltewah. I will go with Ooletwah in a minor (due to the seeding) upset in that game.

OR on the road at DB. IMO DB is the team the team in both regions that nobody wanted to play. I think they are playing better than anyone in Region 1 at this particular point. I know that I am very glad to be opposite of Farragut and DB, as those two will play each other in round 2, as DB will knock off OR at home, and then have the very very difficult task of going to Farragut.

Farragut will win over Jefferson County and WB will get a win in their first ever home playoff football game in round 1.

Round 2. DB on the road at Farragut, and WB at home vs. Ooltewah.

Just my opinion. Good luck to all the teams.

TVGOV I hope you are right. Ooltewah has alot to prove right now, not to the fans, but to themselves. How bad do they want to win? We'll see. I think we will come out strong against Bearden, and If we get the chance I think the WB game will be a whole different game than the first one. I think Wb is strong and very good, but Ooltewah will give them their hands full if we get a rematch. It will be a toss up on that game....if we get there.

What game was being covered? What radio station? In what context was this said -- was it conversation between play-by-play and color announcers late in a non-competitive game or someone back at the studio looking to spice up the Scoreboard Show at night's end.

Personally, I think Bearden's got a good shot of getting past Ooltewah. If the Bulldogs can keep #36 Jacquez Smith (DE) off of Halliday he should be able to find open targets running through that young Ooltewah secondary. Bearden is solid and aggressive up front on defense -- certainly capable of forcing SO QB Brady Reed into a couple of ill-advised throws. Probably Bearden's biggest challenge is not allowing #5 Brian Marshall to get the corner on the toss sweep. In this matchup I like Ooltewah's athleticism and speed, but Bearden has a decided edge in experience at key positions.

It's win or go home. Which team's senior class would you rather have?

We were playing Karns when I picked up the Oak Ridge vs Soddy Daisy game. I don't know who was talking but they clearly said they would be shocked if region2 didn't sweep the first round.I'm not saying it isn't possible,but that's not the kind of tact I would use. Later the announcers had an Oak Ridge kid on there that clearly said they would win the state this year.It was a week after the WB upset as they called it and I thought that's pretty bold.The kid was just a kid,but the announcer should have a little more common sense.We just finished a new concession stand for the visitors.Just in case it was an Oak Ridge announcer that said those things,we better make plans to build a press box twice as big to fit his nads into when he comes to Kingsport.