Congrats Bearden

secoverrated

congratulations to a well deserved win by Bearden. they played great and congrats to Collierville. C'ville over the past few years has been climbing the ladder in the shadow of the great Germantown and Houston teams of years past. Bearden showed greatness by winning two in a row. Collierville showed greatness by being in the final for 3 years in a row. Both teams are well deserving and I believe that several of the Collierville seniors should be mentioned for all state despite the loss. Jenna Fioranelli, 4 year starter, Anna Frye, Morgan McBride, Taylor Caveatte, Kelsey Wilson, Ali Glemser, and junior Emily Rothwell. All are good players who deserve recognition by the state for their efforts over this season and for some, over their high school careers.

Good luck in the future Bearden, you played a good game. You have made history. Collierville, hope to see you next year again. Bearden, you are there with the great teams of old Wish you the best and enjoy the moment.

Could this high school rivalry become something similar to the Lakers and the Celtics of old but on a smaller scale? Who knows. It all depends on how the new members of both of these teams look at the off season and ways they can improve whether it be conditioning, ball handling skills, tackling and or shooting on goal. The better they become, the more recognition the state of Tn gets on the national high school soccer scene. Nothing better for the state of Tn girls soccer than to eventually have 2 or 3 or 4 teams ranked in the top 20 in the nation. So I say, go for it Tn.

Happy and safe Thanksgiving to all.

Congratulations Lady Bulldogs! What a ride this has been. I want to take this time to thank Coach Turner and Coach Radcliff for the opportunity they gave my daughter. Before August of 2006, we had never been near a soccer field and Bearden needed a goalie. They asked my daughter and she said she would try. She asked Coach Turner if maybe she should have someone try to help her learn the game and he just told her to keep the ball out of the back of the net...he didn't care what it looked like or how she did it! The girls on the Bearden team rallied around her. They protected her goal and helped her gain confidence as each game passed. By the time they reached the state last year, I don't think anyone would have looked at her and imagined this was her first year playing the game. Coach Turner never allowed her to believe she couldn't do the job. My daughter has been in athletics for years. Good coaches, bad coaches...Turner is by far the best, most knowledgable, motivating coach we have seen. He produces winners. From day one these girls were told they could win the state. It didn't matter last year or this year that they were young and inexperienced. He believed in them and they believed in him. These classy young women, as well as their parents, rallied around my daughter and we can't begin to tell you how proud we are of everything she and this team has accomplished the last two years. I have a new found respect for this sport and think the girls that play it are the toughest athletes I have seen. I just wanted to publicly thank Coach Turner, all the athletes that I have seen play these 2 years and especially my daughter, for saying yes! Thanks for the great memories /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Congratulations Lady Bulldogs! What a ride this has been. I want to take this time to thank Coach Turner and Coach Radcliff for the opportunity they gave my daughter. Before August of 2006, we had never been near a soccer field and Bearden needed a goalie. They asked my daughter and she said she would try. She asked Coach Turner if maybe she should have someone try to help her learn the game and he just told her to keep the ball out of the back of the net...he didn't care what it looked like or how she did it! The girls on the Bearden team rallied around her. They protected her goal and helped her gain confidence as each game passed. By the time they reached the state last year, I don't think anyone would have looked at her and imagined this was her first year playing the game. Coach Turner never allowed her to believe she couldn't do the job. My daughter has been in athletics for years. Good coaches, bad coaches...Turner is by far the best, most knowledgable, motivating coach we have seen. He produces winners. From day one these girls were told they could win the state. It didn't matter last year or this year that they were young and inexperienced. He believed in them and they believed in him. These classy young women, as well as their parents, rallied around my daughter and we can't begin to tell you how proud we are of everything she and this team has accomplished the last two years. I have a new found respect for this sport and think the girls that play it are the toughest athletes I have seen. I just wanted to publicly thank Coach Turner, all the athletes that I have seen play these 2 years and especially my daughter, for saying yes! Thanks for the great memories /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Congrats to Bearden from a Greeneville fan. We have enjoyed playing you the last 2 years in substate even though things didn't go our way. You have a good group of kids who play lights out for their coach. There are several teams (and coaches) out there who should take note of your physical yet fair play. Bearden has proven that you don't have to act like a bunch of goons on the pitch to have a winning program.