Mt. Juliet

shakeandbake91

Back in what day were they ever dominant?

When???????????????????????????????????

Why did Mt. Juliet get out of their conference? What conference were they in and what conference are they in now?

Mt. Juliet High School used to have some competitive teams when Jerry Kirby was at the helm. Lately, I have rarely seen them wrestle.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When???????????????????????????????????

Why did Mt. Juliet get out of their conference? What conference were they in and what conference are they in now?

Mt. Juliet High School used to have some competitive teams when Jerry Kirby was at the helm. Lately, I have rarely seen them wrestle.

ITS NOT THE HIGH SCHOOL. JUST THE MIDDLE SCHOOLS.

DAKEKO,

OK Mr. Smart. I still asked a question about the Middle School and you still did not answer.

As for the High School, I was only making a statement as others had.

Can you answer the question or not??????????????????????????

They (West Wilson and Mt Juliet) were in the MTWA with Cookville A&B, Forrest, Hendersonville, Blackman's Sharpshooters, Clarksville, Smyrna, Nashville Catholic, Beech(Hunter) and Tullahoma. An earlier post stated that the county ruled the middle schools could not wrestle club teams for insurance reasons. I believe now they some matches with teams like Dickson and Harpeth and maybe some metro schools.

Dont be so harsh ''bleeder''. I hear they have nearly 35 boys coming out with the Yates kid leading the pack. Also a 130lber thats got plenty of potential. A MJ dad said his name is Brandon.

hey how did you here about this brandon kid? and also im guessing that the mj dad has a son on the team also right?

hey how did you here about this brandon kid? and also im guessing that the mj dad has a son on the team also right?

Hey brandyn,...... nice cover,....... I'm sure no one will mistake you for this brandon kid. BEARGRAPPLER or something probably would have been a better screenname. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Someone out there mentioned to me "this kids" work ethic and potential thats all.

They (West Wilson and Mt Juliet) were in the MTWA with Cookville A&B, Forrest, Hendersonville, Blackman's Sharpshooters, Clarksville, Smyrna, Nashville Catholic, Beech(Hunter) and Tullahoma. An earlier post stated that the county ruled the middle schools could not wrestle club teams for insurance reasons. I believe now they some matches with teams like Dickson and Harpeth and maybe some metro schools.

THis is mostly true. Except it is not the county that made them withdraw, it is the TMSAA. And West Wilson joined the MTAC as a school a couple of years ago. Part of the bylaws of the conference state that if their are enough teams in the conference with a particular sport all the schools have to bring that sport into the conference. This year they have just enough teams. So West Wilson had 2 reasons for leaving.

As for when was Mt Juliet Middle Dominant. It was about 6 years ago just before and just after Mt Juliet Junior split into West Wilson and Mt Juliet Middle schools. Coach Willis lead the team and went undefeated for 2 years. I think this includes any tournament that they went to. He continued this trend even after the split. He is not coaching at this moment and is a big lose for wrestling in Wilson County.

THis is mostly true. Except it is not the county that made them withdraw, it is the TMSAA. And West Wilson joined the MTAC as a school a couple of years ago. Part of the bylaws of the conference state that if their are enough teams in the conference with a particular sport all the schools have to bring that sport into the conference. This year they have just enough teams. So West Wilson had 2 reasons for leaving.

As for when was Mt Juliet Middle Dominant. It was about 6 years ago just before and just after Mt Juliet Junior split into West Wilson and Mt Juliet Middle schools. Coach Willis lead the team and went undefeated for 2 years. I think this includes any tournament that they went to. He continued this trend even after the split. He is not coaching at this moment and is a big lose for wrestling in Wilson County.

You can give any reason you want but nowhere in the TMSAA bylaws does it say TMSAA school can't compete with non TMSAA schools. I wish them luck but you don't get better doing what they are doing, and they won't.

Four years ago Nashville Catholic was the best middle school team in the area. Those kids are winning state championships at Ryan now. Five and six years ago Grassland was the best middle school in the area. Those kids won state championships at Franklin. As good as those teams were, I believe they both got beat by someone because they looked for teams to beat them...that's how you get better. Anyone can go undefeated and dominate church league. Before six years ago I'm a bit fuzzy so I'm sure you can tell me where the dominate Mt. Juliet middle school wresters won state.

You can give any reason you want but nowhere in the TMSAA bylaws does it say TMSAA school can't compete with non TMSAA schools. I wish them luck but you don't get better doing what they are doing, and they won't.

Four years ago Nashville Catholic was the best middle school team in the area. Those kids are winning state championships at Ryan now. Five and six years ago Grassland was the best middle school in the area. Those kids won state championships at Franklin. As good as those teams were, I believe they both got beat by someone because they looked for teams to beat them...that's how you get better. Anyone can go undefeated and dominate church league. Before six years ago I'm a bit fuzzy so I'm sure you can tell me where the dominate Mt. Juliet middle school wresters won state.

What I meant was that the TMSAA will not allow a school to wrestle any team not associated with a school. The biggest problem is Hendersonville. The team is producing some great wreslter (Jaekle and Trelor to name just 2) but there is no Hendersonville Middle School. Believe me I am not happy about this. Mt Juliet and West Wilson have been putting out some decent wrestlers in the past few years and I feel that it was partly because of the great competition that they faced every week.

Those Mt Juliet teams were another case of great middle schoolers not panning out as High Schoolers. And in some cases that kids quit wrestling to concentrate on Football or other sports. First one that comes to mind is Chris Miles. As an 8th graded he lost one match that year, to Chris Gann from West Wilson. 2 potential studs. Miles quit for football and Gann moved out of State.

What I meant was that the TMSAA will not allow a school to wrestle any team not associated with a school. The biggest problem is Hendersonville. The team is producing some great wreslter (Jaekle and Trelor to name just 2) but there is no Hendersonville Middle School. Believe me I am not happy about this. Mt Juliet and West Wilson have been putting out some decent wrestlers in the past few years and I feel that it was partly because of the great competition that they faced every week.

I'm assuming you are incorrect since Mt. Juliet was in the Harpeth tournament along with Hendersonville. So either they can wrestle against non TMSAA schools-like they did at Harpeth- or the TMSAA will be handing out punishment. All I know is that the TMSAA bylaws do not address wrestling out of conference and they, in fact, are wrestling non tmsaa teams, so why did they leave the mtwa?