District 8AA

Eaglepride00

I would have to say Station Camp is the favorite with All-everything SG Jon Jenkins. White House still has Gaines but not much help. Goodpasture was descent last year, but I haven't seen the new recruiting class. Portland only lost one senior and should be solid. Greenbrier has a new coach so who knows. DCA will probably be near the bottom. What do you think?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say Station Camp is the favorite with All-everything SG Jon Jenkins. White House still has Gaines but not much help. Goodpasture was descent last year, but I haven't seen the new recruiting class. Portland only lost one senior and should be solid. Greenbrier has a new coach so who knows. DCA will probably be near the bottom. What do you think?

okay talking about whitehouse. who is going to stop gaines? no one. they have returning 4 years starters jermey barnes and garrett wood. they have already replaced the spot of patrick rucker who grdauated this past year with zack trobaugh. i think gaines has plenty of help. and what school is it that you play for? station camp is good no lie there and john is great... but who is going to stop gaines and if they have to stop him who is going to stop wood or trobaugh???? station camp is not the largest team around. john will be hard to guard though. when he is on floor station camp does not play as a team as well as they do when hes off the floor. this is how it will go this year....

1.white house

2.station camp

3.goodpasture

4.portland

5.DCA

6.greenbrier

I am out of school. I am just a basketball junkie. I forgot about Barnes. He is legit. He can shoot it. I think you guys will miss Rucker and the point guard who wore a wig, I can't remember his name, a lot more than you are thinking you will. Rucker was the only guy on the team that played any D. Now he is gone and now Barnes is the only real ballhandler you have. You are correct that no one can stop Gaines but throw in a first year head coach and I just see problems. I could be wrong but I think a third place finish is in your future.

Have you lost your mind? Not much besides GAINES huh. Well they also have a 4 year varsity starter who is the returning CO-MVP of ths district in Jeremy "THE FLASH" Barnes. They also have Garrett Wood who has played on varsity for 4 years now. Also, WH is alot deeper then last year. They are 10-12 deep this year. I don't think you'll find many teams as deep as WH this year.

haha. you be joking right! big daddy-flash-bigun-tro-neals-paynes-parka-troxie-etc.

I am out of school. I am just a basketball junkie. I forgot about Barnes. He is legit. He can shoot it. I think you guys will miss Rucker and the point guard who wore a wig, I can't remember his name, a lot more than you are thinking you will. Rucker was the only guy on the team that played any D. Now he is gone and now Barnes is the only real ballhandler you have. You are correct that no one can stop Gaines but throw in a first year head coach and I just see problems. I could be wrong but I think a third place finish is in your future.

if u seriuosly beleive white house will come in 3rd you better be ready for a rude awakining. your right rucker was a big D factor on there team. and tyler welch the afro guy did run point but still they have already been replaced. and a 1st year coach doesnt change the personale on the team. it will be diffrent for them but not enough to make a diffrence. i have talked to alot of ppl on all the teams in sumner and they all say that WH is the team to beat this year.

I have to say that I love the passion from the Blue Devil Nation. I admitted that I had forgotten about Barnes. The Wood guy is a good rebounder but he doesn't help the ball handling situation. All that I know is I saw White House at Gallatin's camp this summer and they were a turnover waiting to happen. So, I don't know where all this depth that you are talking about is coming from but I haven't seen it. I love the nicknames too. Pookie, Ray Ray, Lil' Stomach ache, and Big Daddy Kane. Is that supposed to mean something to me? You guys have a great inside game, one good guard, and a rookie head coach. Third place... at best. Don't be mad. Its just my opinion.

I have to say that I love the passion from the Blue Devil Nation. I admitted that I had forgotten about Barnes. The Wood guy is a good rebounder but he doesn't help the ball handling situation. All that I know is I saw White House at Gallatin's camp this summer and they were a turnover waiting to happen. So, I don't know where all this depth that you are talking about is coming from but I haven't seen it. I love the nicknames too. Pookie, Ray Ray, Lil' Stomach ache, and Big Daddy Kane. Is that supposed to mean something to me? You guys have a great inside game, one good guard, and a rookie head coach. Third place... at best. Don't be mad. Its just my opinion.

now i dunno bout all the nicknames. but in the gallitin camp barnes didnt play because of an injury. sprained ankle. we ahd some will eb juniors in there to give them some varsity exp. and we didnt have zach trobaugh because he was on an junior oylimpic soccer team. so yea i can understand why u said a turnover waiting to happen. it looked pretty rough in some of those games. from what i have seen woods ball handling has improved not an amazing amount but enough to help to help the team. we had like 3or 4 seniors at that bball camp because of summer football practice. and we have alot of young players true but they all have somehting to give to the team. and i respect everyones opinion. thats why we have these boards anyway.

sup ricky k.

I agree on Station Camp winning it all. With their their up-tempo transition offense and good shooters like jenkins they will be hard to beat. Whitehouse lost their most valuable piece last in year in coach mathis. He was a real solid coach with the ability to make his team play the slow down game or up tempo and although whitehouse does still have good players i dont think they will have that same discipline. Greenbrier will be getting a breath of fresh air in coach ward. I dont know anything about this guy except hes out of state and was an assitant coach for a college team before taking the position at Greenbrier, no offense i dont think he has much to work with but i havent seen them play so i could be wrong. Portland will be above average this year , decent talent and depth goes a long way. DCA will be near the bottom, i havent heard anything about them nor Goodpasture so im guessing their nothing to brag about but this has been the year for upsets (as far as football goes) and hopefully that will be the case for the teams that bust their hump all year to get better.

I agree Station Camp is a very good team. Jenkins Can shoot and ive heard he was dominant in AAU. Terrell can run the show hes quick and can score in a hurry as well BUT they dont have anyone over 6-4. Will rebounding be a problem? Who knows thats a question. Wh is strong as well. Like i said Portland will cause some upsets they are a good and mature team this year.