Ensworth vs CBHS

fan6

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a great game. Back and forth all night with some big time plays on both sides. CBHS QB Michael Blanchard is the real deal. Fast , elusive and a real playmaker. Strong arm, made some nice throws. Fortunately for EHS he missed an open receiver on 4th and 7 with a minute to go and EHS took over and ran the clock out. CBHS #7 Eric Watson did a very nice job as well. CBHS is BIG--- 2 guys listed over 350 and a host north of 250. EHS O line has several starters in the 200-215 range. But the Tigers controlled the ball on the ground. 328 yards rushing. 257 yards on 32 carries by Orleans Opu Darkwa. He was unbelievable---- and he's a sophomore. All this with Tavarres Jefferson (a junior) watching from the sidelines with his arm in a sling following shoulder surgery. I think the real unsung heroes for EHS are the O line---- Watson Sweat (Jr.), Will Netterville(Jr.), David Davis(Jr.), Sam Cooper(So.) & Co. as well as their coach, Edd Caudill--- they've repeatedly gotten it done against bigger, more experienced teams this year. Probably the toughest test yet is coming up next week in BA's D line. On paper, its not much of a contest, but football isn't played on paper. I wouldn't pick the Tigers to win straight up, I'd need to get some points-- especially if Chris Jordan is healthy--- but I'll be there to cheer them on and hoping they'll surprise me like they've done several times this year.

This was a great game. Back and forth all night with some big time plays on both sides. CBHS QB Michael Blanchard is the real deal. Fast , elusive and a real playmaker. Strong arm, made some nice throws. Fortunately for EHS he missed an open receiver on 4th and 7 with a minute to go and EHS took over and ran the clock out. CBHS #7 Eric Watson did a very nice job as well. CBHS is BIG--- 2 guys listed over 350 and a host north of 250. EHS O line has several starters in the 200-215 range. But the Tigers controlled the ball on the ground. 328 yards rushing. 257 yards on 32 carries by Orleans Opu Darkwa. He was unbelievable---- and he's a sophomore. All this with Tavarres Jefferson (a junior) watching from the sidelines with his arm in a sling following shoulder surgery. I think the real unsung heroes for EHS are the O line---- Watson Sweat (Jr.), Will Netterville(Jr.), David Davis(Jr.), Sam Cooper(So.) & Co. as well as their coach, Edd Caudill--- they've repeatedly gotten it done against bigger, more experienced teams this year. Probably the toughest test yet is coming up next week in BA's D line. On paper, its not much of a contest, but football isn't played on paper. I wouldn't pick the Tigers to win straight up, I'd need to get some points-- especially if Chris Jordan is healthy--- but I'll be there to cheer them on and hoping they'll surprise me like they've done several times this year.

On target post: The O line deserves a lot of credit!! They were blowing a bigger D-line off the ball and allowed Orleans and Anderson the opportunity to get into open field. Great job O-line and Ed Caudil (sp) who has had them ready to play every week. I was impressed w/ #1 for CB, he is extremely quick and fast (great vision). I was not impressed with his arm, he did not hurt EHS through the air! I was surprised at the easy in which EHS ran the ball, against the number one defense (statistically) in DII. Defense also played well given the amount of time they were on the field during the 1st half. 14 points (CBHS) coming after two EHS fumbles inside their own 35-40 yard line.

I wonder if that fan from CBHS is still going to have his party after the BA game, or has that now been called off??

BA will be a monumental task, but EHS has proven they can compete w/ anyone in DII. I'm hoping I can make the BA vs EHS game next week. What will BA be favored by??