Smyrna @ Lincolin County

seantn_4

Best of luck to both schools tonight as they represent their various regions and schools. One has to lose and it is going to be tough on the field after the game. You have got to remember through it all that so many other schools would like nothing better than to be in your shoes tonight. I always have liked LC. Oakland has had some major battles over the years with you guys and you were once our biggest rival. I admire Coach Thompson and the things he has done there. They always say they are down.....and yet he comes up winning the region. Smyrna is still trying to prove some things to folk. It astounds me why the defending state champs don't seem to get the respect that they have earned by taking the gold ball.........totally baffling. They have a quick-striking offense with so many weapons that it makes your head spin. Everyone talks about the Sonny-Rod Show, but I will be honest with you.....I really like the Martin kid and Bryson.....wowoooooooooow!!!! He is a man....no doubt about it. Cat, you were so right. Good luck Smyrna.....I know you will represent our region well tonight.

Whatever you do.......don't look ahead. Focus on the game tonight.

thanks 2p you are right

smyrna is 3 plays away from being the undefeated reigning state champ and yet we are not on anyones radar

All I heard was last week- Smyrna hasn't played anyone as disciplined or tough as cookeville

All I heard this week was smyrna hasn't seen a defense like lc --- well lc I guarantee you has not seen and offense like smyrna can bring or a defense with as much speed ( other than riverdale and they are really more power and less speed than smyrna)

Smyrna 35

lc - 14

2 words for all the stop the wilkes and gray show folks

#22 jeremiah bryson - freshman ---- no change that their are no rookies or freshman now everyone is a veteran

good luck lc. I look forward to the trip and a hard fought football game.

something fun to watch in warm ups -- gray always warms up and gradually starting at the 40 moves back 10 yards to get his arm loose and to gauge how far he can throw it if needed based on wind conditions etc. No matter which side you route for it is amazing to watch someone his size throw a ball sometime 70 yards!

I have seen film on lc and they look like every lc team always does big and physical. The film I saws though was coffee county where on offense cc bunched everything up so much it looked like a rugby scrum. Needless to say that film was useless since smyrna will not run one play from that type formation.

half score smyrna 21 lc 7

final smyrna 35 lc 14

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck to both schools tonight as they represent their various regions and schools. One has to lose and it is going to be tough on the field after the game. You have got to remember through it all that so many other schools would like nothing better than to be in your shoes tonight. I always have liked LC. Oakland has had some major battles over the years with you guys and you were once our biggest rival. I admire Coach Thompson and the things he has done there. They always say they are down.....and yet he comes up winning the region. Smyrna is still trying to prove some things to folk. It astounds me why the defending state champs don't seem to get the respect that they have earned by taking the gold ball.........totally baffling. They have a quick-striking offense with so many weapons that it makes your head spin. Everyone talks about the Sonny-Rod Show, but I will be honest with you.....I really like the Martin kid and Bryson.....wowoooooooooow!!!! He is a man....no doubt about it. Cat, you were so right. Good luck Smyrna.....I know you will represent our region well tonight.

Whatever you do.......don't look ahead. Focus on the game tonight.

Very well said 2p! Good luck to both schools and I hope it's injury free! This will be a battle!

Underwood-Moorehead-Moran LC defense Show =21

Sony-Wilkes Show = 17

Good luck to both teams and GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its spelled Sonny and Wilks i'm sure after tonight you will know how to spell their names frontwards and backwards if your highly touted three man defense's head isn't spinning to bad.

Its spelled Sonny and Wilks i'm sure after tonight you will know how to spell their names frontwards and backwards if your highly touted three man defense's head isn't spinning to bad.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The juggernaut that put 28 on Lebanon? Our not-so-special offense put 20 on 'em.

The same juggernaut that put 13 on Blackman? We put 0 without our starting QB and WR.

The same juggernaut that put 28 on Cookeville? We put 16 on 'em with 2 fumbles and 2 INT's.

The same juggernaut that put 32 on Riverdale? Ok, that's impressive. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Update: Moran questionable for tonight. May be a difference maker if he isn't on the field.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The juggernaut that put 28 on Lebanon? Our not-so-special offense put 20 on 'em.

The same juggernaut that put 13 on Blackman? We put 0 without our starting QB and WR.

The same juggernaut that put 28 on Cookeville? We put 16 on 'em with 2 fumbles and 2 INT's.

The same juggernaut that put 32 on Riverdale? Ok, that's impressive. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Update: Moran questionable for tonight. May be a difference maker if he isn't on the field.

Wow that's good for a lincoln county guy. But if you wanna talk about Smyrna vs. Lincoln county look at this

LINCOLN COUNTY COMBINED OPPONENTS RECORD... 58-68 Tullahoma 4a. Hazel Green winless. Cumberland county?lol

SMYRNA COMBINED OPPONENTS RECORD....69-53 Brentwood Academy.. The whole region 4... all three non region teams made the playoffs. Oh yeah and a 5A MR FOOTBALL FINALIST AND AN ALL-AMERICAN PITCHER AT QUARTERBACK..... One more thing.... the GOLD BALL IS IN SMYRNA

Wow that's good for a lincoln county guy. But if you wanna talk about Smyrna vs. Lincoln county look at this

LINCOLN COUNTY COMBINED OPPONENTS RECORD... 58-68 Tullahoma 4a. Hazel Green winless. Cumberland county?lol

SMYRNA COMBINED OPPONENTS RECORD....69-53 Brentwood Academy.. The whole region 4... all three non region teams made the playoffs.

And that's why I quoted common opponents. Nice try for Smyrna guy.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Oh yeah and a 5A MR FOOTBALL FINALIST AND AN ALL-AMERICAN PITCHER AT QUARTERBACK.....

We're not playing baseball....

One more thing.... the GOLD BALL IS IN SMYRNA

I'm not trying to take anything away from Smyrna. I know they are a good team. The Gold Ball was very well deserved, but that's from last year.

Let's get it on!!

Go Falcons!!!!

WOW!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> My heart just sank! I had not heard that Moran was questionable, but I did hear that Golden had a couple of broke bones in his hand and may play only on D. I also heard that, I think it was Sharp had recieved a collapsed lung last Fri. night and spent the night in the hospital. They said he could not play tonight.

If L.C. had more players with the intensity that Moran has, I don't know if anyone could beat them. Well, my gut feeling is not to good right now, if these injuries are true. Everyone have a safe trip to the pit.

WOW!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> My heart just sank! I had not heard that Moran was questionable, but I did hear that Golden had a couple of broke bones in his hand and may play only on D. I also heard that, I think it was Sharp had recieved a collapsed lung last Fri. night and spent the night in the hospital. They said he could not play tonight.

If L.C. had more players with the intensity that Moran has, I don't know if anyone could beat them. Well, my gut feeling is not to good right now, if these injuries are true. Everyone have a safe trip to the pit.

Moran has been fighting strep throat. I know if it's up to him, he'll be on the field.

Yes, as far as I know Sharp is out, and I'm not sure about Golden.