IS PAT SUMMIT LOOKING AT 2 RICHLAND PLAYERS?

jamieroper

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christopher is ranked the #1 junior prospect in one of the only girls' state recruiting lists I've seen.

She's one of the top 50 players in the junior class in the NATION.

http://web.utk.edu/~smarshal/2009.htm

There are NO other class A girls that are even close to being on this list.

Christopher has an opportunity to be a prep All American.

She is considered by many to be one of the top 1-5 guards in the South for the class of 2009.

Scroll down to class of 2009

http://connecticut.scout.com/a.z?s=342&p=2&c=581574

Ummmm...........That's VERY debatable.

No it's not. Care to elaborate further?

Christopher is the #1 class A player easily on the recruiting scene this year and will certainly be next year. She's the #2 College prospect in Tennessee in ALL Classifications this year behind only UT signee Glory Johnson.

Could that change? Yes. As of now, Christopher is the #2 prospect in Tennessee not only here in Tennessee but on the national scene too.

Do a little research or at least explain your answer further with facts or simply say " it's a personal opinion".

No it's not. Care to elaborate further?

Christopher is the #1 class A player easily on the recruiting scene this year and will certainly be next year. She's the #2 College prospect in Tennessee in ALL Classifications this year behind only UT signee Glory Johnson.

Could that change? Yes. As of now, Christopher is the #2 prospect in Tennessee not only here in Tennessee but on the national scene too.

Do a little research or at least explain your answer further with facts or simply say " it's a personal opinion".

Ok, the first link you provided above is a list based on "speculation" and "rumor" which is what it states. The second link you provided was to an article about one Blue Star camp, it does not rank anyone.

If you want an accurate or credible ranking system, you should really visit www.hoopgurlz.com or find a way to get your hands on the official Blue Star Basketball report. As of right now, I would say Jasmine Hassell (big time prospect out of Wilson Central), Kamiko Williams (already verballed to Tennessee), Faith DuPree (6'4" post playing in Glory's shadow), and Jasmine James (uber-athletic guard out of Memphis) are all as good, if not better then Christopher. Trust me, I have seen them all play numerous times and I would not rank Kayla as the best. Christopher may end up being the best, but you act as though she is a concensus #1 at this very moment, and she's not. I think you should probably do more "research."

Ok, the first link you provided above is a list based on "speculation" and "rumor" which is what it states. The second link you provided was to an article about one Blue Star camp, it does not rank anyone.

If you want an accurate or credible ranking system, you should really visit www.hoopgurlz.com or find a way to get your hands on the official Blue Star Basketball report. As of right now, I would say Jasmine Hassell (big time prospect out of Wilson Central), Kamiko Williams (already verballed to Tennessee), Faith DuPree (6'4" post playing in Glory's shadow), and Jasmine James (uber-athletic guard out of Memphis) are all as good, if not better then Christopher. Trust me, I have seen them all play numerous times and I would not rank Kayla as the best. Christopher may end up being the best, but you act as though she is a concensus #1 at this very moment, and she's not. I think you should probably do more "research."

It seems as if there are 3-4 sources that disagree with you and yet you can't find any source that names those players ahead of Christopher except for some website www.hoopgurlz.com . I checked out the class of 2009 on this obscure site. It looks like a low rent cheap site and it's obvious it's rankings are way off. Oliver Springs has a player listed in that class as one of the best players in America. Guess what? It's not Christopher. Her name isn't even on the list. That right there tells you all you need to know. I suggest checking out accurate sites like Scout.com and so forth.

What would an intelligent person derive from your perspective compared to mine?

Mine if from the informed perspective that has numerous examples. Yours if from a personal opinion that lacks merit that's left googling hoping something fits.

Btw, I am very familiar with the recruiting proccess. Does the name Mike Flynn ring a bell?

It seems as if there are 3-4 sources that disagree with you and yet you can't find any source that names those players ahead of Christopher except for some website www.hoopgurlz.com . I checked out the class of 2009 on this obscure site. It looks like a low rent cheap site and it's obvious it's rankings are way off. Oliver Springs has a player listed in that class as one of the best players in America. Guess what? It's not Christopher. Her name isn't even on the list. That right there tells you all you need to know. I suggest checking out accurate sites like Scout.com and so forth.

What would an intelligent person derive from your perspective compared to mine?

Mine if from the informed perspective that has numerous examples. Yours if from a personal opinion that lacks merit that's left googling hoping something fits.

Btw, I am very familiar with the recruiting proccess. Does the name Mike Flynn ring a bell?

Yes, I am very familiar with Mike Flynn, who is the head of Blue Star Basketball. If you have 3 to 4 sources please present them. Obviously, you have not been around long enough if you do not think that hoopgurlz is a credible source. Check out any of the main AAU organization's website (i.e. Tennessee Flight or Tennessee Team Pride) and you will see hoopgurlz mentioned. The girl from Oliver Springs is not ranked, check again, she's just listed, but not ranked. They do miss players, all people who do ranking lists do, because they can't see everyone. Christopher should be on there, no doubt. I just don't honestly believe she should be ahead of someone who has already verballed to Tennessee. Is Christopher planning on verballing to Tennessee??? I hope she does, by the way.

An intelligent person would know that I see more basketball games (AAU, Shoe Circuit, and High School) then just high school games at Oliver Springs High School every Tuesday and Friday night. I don't want to pick a fight with you (though it feels like you are trying to pick one with me), I just think that it is very debatable on who is the best player, regardless of classification, in the 2009 class in Tennessee. I don't understand how you seem to believe that she is by far the best in a class that is clearly loaded. I know you are seeing this through rose colored glasses considering you are an Oliver Springs fan, but you have yet to produce any kind of information that clearly states that she is the #1 prospect, other then some poorly done list that states that it is based on "rumors" and "speculation" and was last updated in 2006. Is she the best in Class A in 2009? Yes.............Best in All Classifications? Debatable

Also, you should know that Scout.com is a very male oriented site in that they focus more of their attention on the men's game. Plus, I can't seem to find anywhere on the women's part of that section where there is a list for the 2009 class that has Christopher clearly labeled as the best player in Tennessee. In fact, the only three players it seems to list are Erin Helton, Jessica Pace, and Kamiko Williams.

Also, you should know that Scout.com is a very male oriented site in that they focus more of their attention on the men's game. Plus, I can't seem to find anywhere on the women's part of that section where there is a list for the 2009 class that has Christopher clearly labeled as the best player in Tennessee. In fact, the only three players it seems to list are Erin Helton, Jessica Pace, and Kamiko Williams.

The current Scout site is what's left after Glenn(Hoopgurlz) moved to his own site. The list is at least a year old and has not been maintained.

When Hoopgurlz posted the list for '09 back in August, ten of the eleven players were associated with the Flight program. Kamiko Williams was the only non-Flight player. Two flight players that were not listed were Faith and Kayla which didn't give much credibilty to the list IMO. I pointed this out to Glenn privately and the appearance that the Flight has some influence with him and was banned from his site.

The class of '09 is certainly loaded at all positions, there will be more DI players out of this class than the past several years.

The current Scout site is what's left after Glenn(Hoopgurlz) moved to his own site. The list is at least a year old and has not been maintained.

When Hoopgurlz posted the list for '09 back in August, ten of the eleven players were associated with the Flight program. Kamiko Williams was the only non-Flight player. Two flight players that were not listed were Faith and Kayla which didn't give much credibilty to the list IMO. I pointed this out to Glenn privately and the appearance that the Flight has some influence with him and was banned from his site.

The class of '09 is certainly loaded at all positions, there will be more DI players out of this class than the past several years.

I was not aware the Glenn use to maintain the Scout website. I knew that the three players they mentioned were the only three players they had on there a year ago for this class. Obviously, women's basketball is not to high on the list of importance for the people at scout.com.

As far as I know, Faith is listed at #49 on Hoopgurlz list. I 100% agree that Kayla should be on there somewhere, if not ranked, then at least listed.