IS PAT SUMMIT LOOKING AT 2 RICHLAND PLAYERS?

jamieroper

I was not aware the Glenn use to maintain the Scout website. I knew that the three players they mentioned were the only three players they had on there a year ago for this class. Obviously, women's basketball is not to high on the list of importance for the people at scout.com.

As far as I know, Faith is listed at #49 on Hoopgurlz list. I 100% agree that Kayla should be on there somewhere, if not ranked, then at least listed.

Faith was eventually added, but the list is still heavily weighted toward the Flight players as is/was the Street and Smith rankings. The Flight/SSS program has always attracted a large number of top players, but there are players outside this program that will go on earn a college education playing basketball. Something else to remember, playing any sport at a high profile program does not always guarantee a good education that most scholar/athletes will rely on for their future.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faith was eventually added, but the list is still heavily weighted toward the Flight players as is/was the Street and Smith rankings. The Flight/SSS program has always attracted a large number of top players, but there are players outside this program that will go on earn a college education playing basketball. Something else to remember, playing any sport at a high profile program does not always guarantee a good education that most scholar/athletes will rely on for their future.

I agree with you 110%

Coach Summitt would have to go to Alabama to watch Richland play. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Wingman has jokes!!!!!!!!

At least she would not be scared to go to Alabama like Fat Phil Fulmer is!!!!!!!!! Somebody tell him to where white shirts instead of orange. He looks like the great pumpkin charlie brown in orange.

Not that my fat belly has any room to talk. I went to the beach this summer and 8 greener tried to roll me back into the ocean.

There's a difference between SEC caliber and Lady Vol caliber. MTSU was ranked higher than 8 SEC teams last year in the final rankings I saw, if the girl from Collinwood can play at MTSU then she can play at at least half the teams in the SEC by those numbers.

I agree. If she stays healthy, she will be a great find for MTSU. I have never seen MTSU play but I will travel there to see Ms. Andrews play.

If Collinwood has the right chemistry and plays as a team, they will be my pick as State Champions. Their biggest problem will be their Region. With Summertown, Wayne County and Perry County is their district, and with Santa Fe and Richland, not to mention a team never to be overlooked, Moore County, in their region, it will be tough. Second place is their Region usually means a Sub-state game at Chapel Hill and Aunt Kim's Rockets. Another tough one.

Good luck to all.

The girl from OS is good, no doubt.

os91 your assesment of hoopgurlz is so off the mark!.......it is a very well thought of source of recruiting info and fast becoming THE womens basketball site!

that being said ,the very person your debating (ptguard12)is a very non partial and excellant judge of tennessee basketball! and as ptguard told you he or she has probably seen more bb across this state and country than most of us!

dont take it personally i have girls that play for me i wish were rated higher! no matter how talented a young lady is there is always someone that has more skills or more god given abilities!

PG12,

I asked you to provide a list. The one you did was "googurlz". The list had a player listed on Oliver Springs team who only aveaged 6 ppg last year. It didn't even have Christopher listed. That's all you need to know about that website.

Also, you mentioend Faith Dupree. Let's see Christopher was the Knoxville News Sentinel's Sophomore of the year beating out Faith Dupree. Christopher is listed way ahead of Dupreein the Knoxville News Sentinel player rankings this year.

Did the Knoxville News Sentinel have an article abotu Dupree being the next big thing out of East Tennessee like it did Glory Johnson and Kayla Christopher? Nope. Dupree wasn't even talked about.

Speaking of the ultra athletic UT signee ( I believe she's a sophomore this year, right) from Memphis, it's always a gamble to recruit kids that early and hope they improve. PHS has an eye for talent and she knows what she is doing. That still doesn't mean this kid is currently a better ball player than Christopher.

The bottom line is I've shown lists that back up my claim- you call them rumors and speculation because it conflicts with your personal opinion.

The bottom line is you've provided one website that I've shown has a huge flaw already.

I do believe you've seen all the players in person. Good for you. However, it's easy to see your opinion is a personal one. Not that there is anything wrong with that. It is what it is.

Later in the Spring there will be more player rankings. We can continue this debate at a later time.

"dont take it personally i have girls that play for me i wish were rated higher! no matter how talented a young lady is there is always someone that has more skills or more god given abilities! "

Agreed. This is why I take exception to her comments. She's attempting to take her personal opinions and deliver them as gospel.

It seems many disagree with her. As far as the website, I've already found some major flaws with information on it.

I'll wait until more clear and concise rankings comes in the spring out. I've already provided 2-3 links that support my perspective.

OS91,

There is no getting through to you is there? You keep saying that my feelings that Christopher MAY NOT be the best player in the class of 2009 is a "personal opinion." Well what is yours? Straight up fact? I have never said that she was not the best in the class, I have said that it can be debated whether or not she is because there are lots of people who have different opinions on who the best player in each class is. You will find that to be the case every year.

The fact that you don't know that Kamiko Williams is a junior at Clarksville Northeast that has committed to the Lady Vols and you don't even know the name of the girl in Memphis, who you "believe is a sophomore," really shows how little you know about girls basketball in Tennessee. That Sophomore from Memphis that has also committed to the Lady Vols is Lauren Avant of Lausanne, by the way.

You have yet to provide any links to any lists, so don't say that you have provided 2 or 3 (yesterday you were stating that you had 3 or 4, but now were down to 2 huh?). The one you did provide said at the top of the page (if you can read), that it is based on "speculation" and "rumor." Those two words can be found at the top of that so called list you are basing all of your information on.

And, I don't believe anyone who has posted on this topic has disagreed with me yet, or agreed with you, for that matter.

Look, I have acknowledged that she may be the best player in the class of 2009, but that it is debateable because there are so many great players in this classification. You have yet to budge on your view as if it is is set in stone somewhere that Christopher is #1 in the class of 2009. I have never had anything but positive things to say about Christopher since I first saw her play as an 11 or 12 year old on the AAU scene. I wish her nothing but the best and I know that she is going to go on to do great things not only throughout the remainder of her high school career, but in college as well. This little conversation between me and you is getting no where because you have a very narrow-minded view considering you are solely an Oliver Springs fan and have very little knowledge about girls basketball across the entire state of Tennessee.

Trying to rate high school players state wide or nationally is a crap shoot. There is no way to do it that will be fair to all concerned. It is just a guess at best. No one person or group could see everyone an equal number of times. These groups have to use word of mouth, articles, comments from coaches, surveys, etc. A prospect might be number one on a particular list and not even listed in the top 50 on another. It's inexact to say the least.

Many of the lists are put out to sell something. They want to sell you a subscription, access to a web site, just get you to their site to view their sponsors or buy something else. Little Sally May from Central High is on a list, so I just have to have a copy of that list, is an example of such thinking. It is harmless unless taken to an extreme. It may be near that extreme on this topic. I hope not.

I have seen many girls' basketball games and will continue to see many more through out the state and nationally, but I would come closer to rating third world military powers that getting an exact list of the best prospects. If the lists were so meaningful there would be less washouts and transfers at the college level. And how many times have you heard this: "She wasn't highly recruited out of high school, but wow, is she a player?"

Enjoy the lists.

Trying to rate high school players state wide or nationally is a crap shoot. There is no way to do it that will be fair to all concerned. It is just a guess at best. No one person or group could see everyone an equal number of times. These groups have to use word of mouth, articles, comments from coaches, surveys, etc. A prospect might be number one on a particular list and not even listed in the top 50 on another. It's inexact to say the least.

Many of the lists are put out to sell something. They want to sell you a subscription, access to a web site, just get you to their site to view their sponsors or buy something else. Little Sally May from Central High is on a list, so I just have to have a copy of that list, is an example of such thinking. It is harmless unless taken to an extreme. It may be near that extreme on this topic. I hope not.

I have seen many girls' basketball games and will continue to see many more through out the state and nationally, but I would come closer to rating third world military powers that getting an exact list of the best prospects. If the lists were so meaningful there would be less washouts and transfers at the college level. And how many times have you heard this: "She wasn't highly recruited out of high school, but wow, is she a player?"

Enjoy the lists.

Thank you, that is what I have been trying to say. That it is "debatable" who is the best and many different lists and people will have different people on their lists and at the top of their lists. I don't get what is so hard to understand about that.

My views are soley as an Oliver Springs fan?

That's comical and an assumption.

A) I don't even live in Tennessee . I follow basketball from a naitonal perspective NOT a state one since the mid 90's since in becoming personally familiar with Blue Star camps and of course Mike Flynn out of Philadelpha.

I could go on and on as it seems you would like to with your resume, but that's not me.

That's all fine and good, but there is nothing funnier seeing someone throw their personal perspective around like it's the word when in reality it's simply "your opinion". Good for you that you've seen all the players and you believe your self proclaimed opinion should take more precedence as you are now the authority on player rankings on coacht.com.

What's funny is the lists that are out seem to DISAGREE with you on the national and state level. Interesting to say the least, don't you think? _______________________/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> I've shown 2 naitonal websites and 2 TN websites that support my perspective. You attempted to show a website that didn't even have Christopher's name on it, but it did have a player from Oliver Springs who only averaged 6 ppg last year and was touting her as one of the best 100-200 players in the country for the class of 2009. Anyone with sense from a national perspective would automatically dismiss that website as being " bush" league- not because it had the one player ( who is going to be very good this year) who only averaged 6 ppg, but that it didn't have a player the caliber of Christopher who is a high major prospect.

Rick Bolus' High Potential?® Basketball Recruiting Service, Inc.

Girls ~ May 2007 Edition

Tennessee??™s Top Rising College Prospects For 2007-2008

NAME HT CLASS POS SCHOOL

Top 12

1. Glory Johnson 6-3 Sr. F-C Knoxville Webb Univ of Tennessee commitment, best player in Sophomore class

2. Kayla Christopher 5-9 Jr. CG Oliver Springs Best player in junior Class

3. Faith DuPree 6-3 Jr. C Clinton Anderson County

4. Lauren Avant 5-8 So. SM Memphis Lausanne Univ of Tenneessee commitment best player in Soph Class

5. Abby Andrews 5-10 Sr. CG Collinwood MTSU commitment

6. Kayci Ferriss 6-8 So. C Carthage Smith County

7. Kortni Jones 5-7 Jr. PG Oak Ridge

8. Jasmine Hassell 6-2 Jr. C Lebanon Wilson Central

9. Michelle Davis 6-2 Sr. F-C Cleveland

10. Alex Jarrell 6-4 Sr. C Shelbyville Central

11. Hannah Dawson 5-10 Jr. CG Shelbyville Central

12. Laken Leonard 5-10 So. C-F Red Boiling Springs

Again, we are running in circles now. We can revisit this type of debate next year when the dust has settled. I suggest you travel out of Tennesse some. It might broaden your horizons some without allowing emotion to dictate rankings.

OS91,

There is no getting through to you is there? You keep saying that my feelings that Christopher MAY NOT be the best player in the class of 2009 is a "personal opinion." Well what is yours? Straight up fact? I have never said that she was not the best in the class, I have said that it can be debated whether or not she is because there are lots of people who have different opinions on who the best player in each class is. You will find that to be the case every year.

The fact that you don't know that Kamiko Williams is a junior at Clarksville Northeast that has committed to the Lady Vols and you don't even know the name of the girl in Memphis, who you "believe is a sophomore," really shows how little you know about girls basketball in Tennessee. That Sophomore from Memphis that has also committed to the Lady Vols is Lauren Avant of Lausanne, by the way.

You have yet to provide any links to any lists, so don't say that you have provided 2 or 3 (yesterday you were stating that you had 3 or 4, but now were down to 2 huh?). The one you did provide said at the top of the page (if you can read), that it is based on "speculation" and "rumor." Those two words can be found at the top of that so called list you are basing all of your information on.

And, I don't believe anyone who has posted on this topic has disagreed with me yet, or agreed with you, for that matter.

Look, I have acknowledged that she may be the best player in the class of 2009, but that it is debateable because there are so many great players in this classification. You have yet to budge on your view as if it is is set in stone somewhere that Christopher is #1 in the class of 2009. I have never had anything but positive things to say about Christopher since I first saw her play as an 11 or 12 year old on the AAU scene. I wish her nothing but the best and I know that she is going to go on to do great things not only throughout the remainder of her high school career, but in college as well. This little conversation between me and you is getting no where because you have a very narrow-minded view considering you are solely an Oliver Springs fan and have very little knowledge about girls basketball across the entire state of Tennessee.

I agree with you 12.