Knoxville Halls offseason discussion

fairplay2121

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the returning players who started or made significant contribution this past year? Obviously the hurdle for region 3 is maryville. Halls played maryville a good game this year but you lose kitts. What will be the difference in this years game vs next years? Julian and staff are doing an outstanding job and IMO the region will be determined by this game again!

Who are the returning players who started or made significant contribution this past year? Obviously the hurdle for region 3 is maryville. Halls played maryville a good game this year but you lose kitts. What will be the difference in this years game vs next years? Julian and staff are doing an outstanding job and IMO the region will be determined by this game again!

Halls returns 3 on the offensive line, their TE #45, 1 RB #23 who averaged over 10 a carry most of the year, not sure about stats as I lost track of them later on and their qb. look for #10 Gresham to be their feature WR who also started as a DB this year as a sophomore. Speaking of defense, Halls returns 4 players in the secondary that started at one point, #4, #2(if healthy), 10 and 37. At strong/weak safety Halls will be returning 2 starters also and I think Hodge, #32 at inside backer and Cottrell #45 played there a lot also. Up front on D Halls will return stud #62 Caleb Leonard and late bloomer #42 Pix. I think sophomore Mcfalls got in their some as well. So, overall Halls has a really good core coming back this coming year. Yes, they lose Kitts, but I think the RB by committee method they'll probably adopt will be adept enough to really give teams fits. And Gresham could be better than Dayton at WR possibly if he works hard.

I think next year looks to be as good if not better than this year. Only time will tell...and of course if the players work hard in the off season.

Halls returns 3 on the offensive line, their TE #45, 1 RB #23 who averaged over 10 a carry most of the year, not sure about stats as I lost track of them later on and their qb. look for #10 Gresham to be their feature WR who also started as a DB this year as a sophomore. Speaking of defense, Halls returns 4 players in the secondary that started at one point, #4, #2(if healthy), 10 and 37. At strong/weak safety Halls will be returning 2 starters also and I think Hodge, #32 at inside backer and Cottrell #45 played there a lot also. Up front on D Halls will return stud #62 Caleb Leonard and late bloomer #42 Pix. I think sophomore Mcfalls got in their some as well. So, overall Halls has a really good core coming back this coming year. Yes, they lose Kitts, but I think the RB by committee method they'll probably adopt will be adept enough to really give teams fits. And Gresham could be better than Dayton at WR possibly if he works hard.

I think next year looks to be as good if not better than this year. Only time will tell...and of course if the players work hard in the off season.

EXPECTATION! Julian and staff has got that back with the football program! Good to see!! Sounds like a great core of players to win with.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard any news about the field house? I thought they waiting on Jan school board meeting.

Has Gibbs named a coach? Is any Halls coaches still in the running?

What do you all think about playing Maryville in Week #0 instead of week #9? Does it really make any difference?

Just 3 months until spring practice.

fairplay2121,

So many questions...her goes, 1) nothing new on the field house - I'm worried about it raining and flooding, 2) No news that I've heard on the Gibbs job, 3) Prolly doesn't make any difference when you play them. I just am not a big lover of having an open date week #9, now if it was in the middle of the season, I'll take it everytime.

Hit the weights hard boys and get ready for a great 2008 season. The only real test is Maryville that I can see. We should be able to win every game 'cept Maryville.

A few questions/comments:

- Does anyone know how Brandon Johnson is doing?? Will he be back in time for spring practice??

- Likewise, how about Michah Bolden?? (same questions)

- Any chance of the following "athletes"playing football next year - Zach Zabowski, Jay Cannon or JD Wallace?

- Steven Hill looks like he is getting alot thicker!! Expect a good year from him. Anyone else getting alot stronger?