Lebanon Girls

mac73

Coach Brown has done good job of restoring some life into the program. He did inherit some pretty good athletes from the previous coach who had taken their lumps playing as freshmen and sophomores. His biggest achievement was to restore their confidence after 3 years of a lot of negativity. I think he has done a good job with year's team that has a very good first 5, but lacks in depth. They should finish in the top 4 in 7-AAA and should advance to the region for the 2nd consecutive year, but I don't think they will be able to advance past that because of their limited scoring ability. Next year could see some drop off with the loss of 3 major contributors. Ebony Marshall, Jasmin Brooks, and Icelyn Elie will be very tough to replace.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Brown has done good job of restoring some life into the program. He did inherit some pretty good athletes from the previous coach who had taken their lumps playing as freshmen and sophomores. His biggest achievement was to restore their confidence after 3 years of a lot of negativity. I think he has done a good job with year's team that has a very good first 5, but lacks in depth. They should finish in the top 4 in 7-AAA and should advance to the region for the 2nd consecutive year, but I don't think they will be able to advance past that because of their limited scoring ability. Next year could see some drop off with the loss of 3 major contributors. Ebony Marshall, Jasmin Brooks, and Icelyn Elie will be very tough to replace.

Icelyn will return while older sister London leaves the starting rotation.

Icelyn will return while older sister London leaves the starting rotation.

I stand corrected. London will be a slightly bigger loss defensively than Icelyn would be, but offensively she is fairly limited while Icelyn's offensive game seems to be expanding. I believe it is more difficult to replace good offense than it is good defense, so IMO that would make Lebanon's drop next year a little less precipitous than it would be if it were as I had mistakely posted earlier.

This poster would like to second the above post by BadHat, who I still disagree the hat is that bad. Darin Brown had to be second guessing himself when he switched from a boys asst Coach to the Head girls Coach at LHS. Without getting in to a discussion as to why it was that way, LHS girls was in very bad shape with players transferring out of zone, numerous players quitting, attendance down, confidence lost and no plan to do any better. The head Coach decided to leave and the search was on and whether Darin wanted the job or was asked to take it, this poster was not sure but one thing is sure, he came on with a vengence and a plan and did one of the best selling jobs to players, parents, and future players and parents and to the school and the community that could have been done. It is likely that the road was rocky but from observation he did it with professionalism and enthusiasm and his effort can only be graded by the success he has had. His effort seems to have elevated girls sports at the school to an organized entity. Did he have help? I am sure he would tell you yes. Has he stopped the hemoraging of players leaving the zone and staying in Lebanon? It is likely he has slowed it down and only when LHS finds a way to improve their facilities will it stop. More girls seem to be participating in girls athletics at the school. The parents have one of the most rabid cheering sections in the District. He is competing for a regional slot which 3 years ago was a near impossibility.

Everyone likes to see someone work hard and build something and have a plan. Darin has done it at LHS. but it takes also interested fans like BadHat who I believe breathes and eats LHS sports. She sits quietly at the end of the gym and takes in everything that happens and gives an accurate apprasial of everything that is done and every school needs that type person to promote their girls athletic program.

Darin Brown has sure helped the girls program and BadHat has put a spark in telling each of us what is happening.

.....likely he has slowed it down and only when LHS finds a way to improve their facilities will it stop.

With the county finally getting down to business and finalizing plans for a new Lebanon High School, the question of facilites should be answered in the next 2-3 years. At least I certainly hope so.

I stand corrected. London will be a slightly bigger loss defensively than Icelyn would be, but offensively she is fairly limited while Icelyn's offensive game seems to be expanding. I believe it is more difficult to replace good offense than it is good defense, so IMO that would make Lebanon's drop next year a little less precipitous than it would be if it were as I had mistakely posted earlier.

your right badhat, it seems like your the only one who really watches lhs girls basketball and sees it for what its worth, lebanon still undergoes much criticism to this day of how they used to be 2years ago when more people should be focused on how they are in 08..it has been a rocky road for these girls and they are working hard regionals is a definite must for them, if they wish to make it past there they will have to step their game up alot come out ready to play each night, offensively do a better job at scoring, defensively they are doing a good job right now but making it past regionals will have to take hard work and effort.... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />