Any one got a take on Gibbs and Rutledge

nuttin2lose

Trying to find out how strong Gibbs and Rutledge are this year. I know Rutledge has lost a couple games and not sure on Gibbs. I thought with Brabson and Acuff being down low and their awesome shooting skills Rutledge would have a good chance are they not warmed up yet or will they be a disappointment this year. Crews also showed awesome shooting skills but seems to be slower this year. How's gibbs fairing so far? I know last year the Brittney girl and Mills kid lit up the court will that happen again this year or is someone else standing out?

Trying to find out how strong Gibbs and Rutledge are this year. I know Rutledge has lost a couple games and not sure on Gibbs. I thought with Brabson and Acuff being down low and their awesome shooting skills Rutledge would have a good chance are they not warmed up yet or will they be a disappointment this year. Crews also showed awesome shooting skills but seems to be slower this year. How's gibbs fairing so far? I know last year the Brittney girl and Mills kid lit up the court will that happen again this year or is someone else standing out?

Don't know much on Gibbs, but am a big Rutledge fan. You're right Rutledge has lost two (technically three if HOF game had counted as loss). I really not sure what the problem is. Don't know if its coaching, right personnel on floor, bad games by all the players, bad passing by all, lack of true leadereship on and off the court. It's really hard to point to one certain thing for sure, but i do know they have a hard time breaking the press, too many turnovers trying to get down the floor after a made basket. There have been a few break downs on defense too, no one steps over to help down low. As for Brabson and Acuff, really don't know what their problems are. Brabson is dealing with some sort of injury (ankle or shoulder one of the two) and she missed alot of practice time due to this, that could possibly be her downfall right now. Acuff is steal dealing with the effects of an off-season reinjury to her knee (not bad I don't think just enough to slow her down) and she's in one of the worst shooting slumps I ever seen her in. Maybe both these girls will snap out of whatevers bothering them and play ball like they know how. There is also little passing into the post by the guards/wings and when they do pass it in to them they wait til they are double-teamed and try to force it in there. If they can straigthen these things out they should be fine the rest of the season. Rutledge also didn't do anything over summer which my have caused problems with the team because they are having to learn how to play without Roach leading them like she did last year. You're right Crews has shown good shooting skills but like the rest of the team too many turnovers, she'll get things straightened out to before long. Still alot of season left to go, good time to turn the season around starting Friday with Carter and get ready for district play to begin. I still wouldn't count them out as challenging for the district title everything will start to fall into place for them. GO PIONEERS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

you better watch out for Brittany Cavelaris (spelling). she can shoot the lights out.

The Lady Eagles are 9-0 and are beating their opponents by an average of 20 pts. Taylor Mills (Soph.) put up 30 against AE they beat them by 20. Against Fulton the Cavalaris had 16 pts, Mills and Morgan Burnette each put up 15. They beat the Lady Falcons by 25. They are averaging about 70 points per game. Burnette and Jaimie Cabage are usually leading the rebounding in the prepXtra stats. Last year they made it to the region with 5 sophomores and 5 freshmen. This year they have 5 juniors, 3 sophomores and 2 freshmen on the varsity team. After the starting five and Kari Loy (sophomore) there is very little difference between the bench players. The Lady Eagles have gotten very little respect so far this year. I am sure they get beaten by someone, but for the moment they are flying high work their tails off. Coach Bray and Coach Everette are both class acts, they could have beaten some of their opponents by more than 50. Even with the 2nd string in they are able to score relatively easily at times. Good luck to both teams tonight I hope everyone plays hard and no-one is injured.

The Lady Eagles struggled against the Lady Pioneers tonight without their leading scorer and point guard Taylor Mills. But they finally pulled it out 52-46 with some of the most horrible officiating I have ever witnessed. I will give the officials credit they were consistant, they called it terrible both ways. Good luck to both teams in the future.